Keown

Mutumbo

Nitambwe

Send Back:

Scobbie

Jeffries

Gordon

Here Goes:

Erskine and Doolan, fans favourites my favourites  for years, let Doolan concentrate on his coaching duties best playing days behind him, Erskine if not part of Caldwells plans let him go, don't want to see a legend sit in the stand   

59 minutes ago, jaf said:

“Getting back to playing the Patrick thistle way” =  pushing players out the door who have a great affinity with the club and its supporters.   

Same player being supposedly finished but a was player of year last season and b the players signed to replace him are older than him. 

I think the signings are ok for this division to be fair to Caldwell  I do however question the strategy in some of the signings  

it is however exciting to be going to a game today with genuinely no idea how the game will go  if these new guys all click, them we may immediately look a better team  we need to as I believe Falkirk have strengthened well  

Player of the year argument is a tenuous point. He was only player of the year because he kicked up a fuss (rightly)about it saying nobody deserved it and then everybody voted for him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Player of the year argument is a tenuous point. He was only player of the year because he kicked up a fuss (rightly)about it saying nobody deserved it and then everybody voted for him. 

He was of course shortlisted for player of the year which caused his comment in the first place. 

15 minutes ago, Prince of Partick said:

Here Goes:

Unpopular or not but the way I see it:

Release:

Bell

Keown

Mutumbo

Nitambwe

Send Back:

Scobbie

Jeffries

Gordon

Here Goes:

Erskine and Doolan, fans favourites my favourites  for years, let Doolan concentrate on his coaching duties best playing days behind him, Erskine if not part of Caldwells plans let him go, don't want to see a legend sit in the stand   

By release, you of course mean pay up their contracts. 

So you want the club to pay uo the contracts  of 3 of our bigger earners (bell., erskine and keown)?

Edited by jaf

1 hour ago, dali said:

Have we really only got 7 players in the reserve team as it says on the official website? What's happening with bringing players through the academy and progressing through the reserves?

Yes, that's a bit misleading. We usually play maybe only one senior player. The rest of the reserve squad is made up of youngsters. Also of course there's young players within the 1st team squad. 

9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Now it's all down to "let's see" with the start of the Caldwell's "new look" team. If somehow Thistle get a win at Tannadice, I'll start to believe. Any other result, I'll be thinking "more of the same dossiers, philosophy, and Powerpoint presentations" that appear to have delighted whoever made the final decision to appoint him.

I genuinely hope all of the new signings do well for us. But I'm worried to see a loanee from Govan or the east end of Glasgow automatically displacing a Jags player  regardless of how well the Jag has been playing. Even worse will be if he continues to get chosen despite doing us obvious damage. The case in  point of course is: Hazard in, Sneddon dropped. Yes, Sneddon got caught in no-man's land last week; what keeper has that never happened to? What if Hazard doesn't look too great as we ship goals? Will he continue to be first choice just because he is from Porkheid? I will always believe that McCall's insistence on playing yon clearly garbage wee *un runt Lennon stopped what looked like a potential promotion winning squad in its tracks.

All the best to those travelling to Dundee. A few shouts in support of Erskine would be appreciated.

Yeh, definitely something a bit wrong with benching one of your promising youngsters, who's largely done OK since coming in, in favour of developing one of the old firm's.  Unless, of course, he turns out to be a major improvement. 

Edited by NotAFan

12 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Occasionally he’ll make a magnificent run, beating man after man. People like you love that. But it’s no good when his final ball reaches oblivion. There’s a reason we don’t score many goals 

I know you were talking about Spittal but you summed up Storey perfectly 

45 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Erskine's been told that he still has a part to play, but it's from the bench. It's now up to him to decide if he's happy with that role or if he'd prefer to find a team where he'll be a guaranteed starter.

Hamilton Academical interested in a move apparently.

35 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

Think Bell, Jefferies, Keown, McGinty, Scobbie, Gordon, Ntambwe, and Mutombo will go. 

These guys will hang on though to see if another club comes in for them. 

Falkirk has brought in better than us so far but we have a far better squad than them to start with.  

Jeffries and Scobbie are loaned players. They'll go back to their parent clubs this month.

Also not sure about the Falkirk have brought in better players argument. Did you see Osman last season? Me either as the c@#t was always hiding...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Can't get a start for us so goes on loan to a club in the league above ours. What are you doing, Gary?

Surely this has to be ringing alarm bells in the minds of our directors and chairwoman? Hamilton must believe that Erskine can add value to their relegation fight and they are more experienced at fighting relegation than us. Have we still got daft ideas that somehow promotion is still a posibility?

27 minutes ago, laukat said:

Surely this has to be ringing alarm bells in the minds of our directors and chairwoman? Hamilton must believe that Erskine can add value to their relegation fight and they are more experienced at fighting relegation than us. Have we still got daft ideas that somehow promotion is still a posibility?

Not my thoughts, but the way I think the board and Caldwell are thinking/saying 'until it is impossible points wise, we are going for promotion'. what the majority of fans and realists think, 'we are in a relegation battle, win that and see what happens in the summer'.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Now it's all down to "let's see" with the start of the Caldwell's "new look" team. If somehow Thistle get a win at Tannadice, I'll start to believe. Any other result, I'll be thinking "more of the same dossiers, philosophy, and Powerpoint presentations" that appear to have delighted whoever made the final decision to appoint him.

I genuinely hope all of the new signings do well for us. But I'm worried to see a loanee from Govan or the east end of Glasgow automatically displacing a Jags player  regardless of how well the Jag has been playing. Even worse will be if he continues to get chosen despite doing us obvious damage. The case in  point of course is: Hazard in, Sneddon dropped. Yes, Sneddon got caught in no-man's land last week; what keeper has that never happened to? What if Hazard doesn't look too great as we ship goals? Will he continue to be first choice just because he is from Porkheid? I will always believe that McCall's insistence on playing yon clearly garbage wee *un runt Lennon stopped what looked like a potential promotion winning squad in its tracks.

All the best to those travelling to Dundee. A few shouts in support of Erskine would be appreciated.

Still out of likes.

• Like 1