Winter window

That 1 jags fan

4 hours ago, stuart_adam said:

Honestly don't rate many players this season, wouldn't mind if any of the below leave:

Bell, Lennox, Keown, McGinty, Scobbie, Jeffries, Elliot,Gordon, Ntambwe, Spittal, Mutombo, Storey.

Jurys still out on Erskine and Doolan this season but I'd give them a chance with the new players coming in to see if anything improves.

Of the new signings I just hope they aren't any worse than what we already have. Saunders should improve the defence, with Cardle and Harkins improving chances created. Ally Roy is a difficult one to judge at only 21, so will give him benefit of doubt, and Conor Hazard can't be any worse than Bell or Lennox.

We've been here before though, and signing so many players at once could make us even worse before we get any better.

Is it not a bit hard to judge Lennox as a Thistle player ? He only played 45 mins vs Stenhousemuir before he got injured

3 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Erskine's been told that he still has a part to play, but it's from the bench. It's now up to him to decide if he's happy with that role or if he'd prefer to find a team where he'll be a guaranteed starter.

Caldwell is doing himself no favours, if this is the case. He needs to motivate all the players to achieve their best. In my opinion no player should expect to be a guaranteed starter. 

7 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Erskine's been told that he still has a part to play, but it's from the bench. It's now up to him to decide if he's happy with that role or if he'd prefer to find a team where he'll be a guaranteed starter.

Erskine has been told that currently he’ll be on the bench as an impact player but depending on form, opposition etc that may change

20 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

1 definitely but maybe 2 more to come in next week, if we can offload then more to come in before window closes.

Is one of those going to be Scobbie on a permanent deal? Right now O'Dea looks like a good option to replace McGinty

We Must replace Elliott (Anthony Ralston perhaps on Loan)

We Must replace Mcginty (not with Scobbie)

We Must replace Storey

This is the absolute least that needs to be done I would possibly get a LB also (ATS would be Ideal)

Edited by Paukea

1 hour ago, Paukea said:

We Must replace Elliott (Anthony Ralston perhaps on Loan)

We Must replace Mcginty (not with Scobbie)

We Must replace Storey

This is the absolute least that needs to be done I would possibly get a LB also (ATS would be Ideal)

I don't see Caldwell moving on Elliott or Storey. Both seem fixtures in his first team.

9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

And both played well today like it or not 

I bet they did play well as they usually do

what they can’t do though is deliver a final ball and if we can’t do that we ain’t going to move up the league.

They way we play usually means it’s Elliot,Spittal or Storey delivering the final ball and they just can’t do it.

If this doesn’t change or position doesn’t change.

its so obvious and it happens week in week out

8 minutes ago, Paukea said:

I bet they did play well as they usually do

what they can’t do though is deliver a final ball and if we can’t do that we ain’t going to move up the league.

They way we play usually means it’s Elliot,Spittal or Storey delivering the final ball and they just can’t do it.

If this doesn’t change or position doesn’t change.

its so obvious and it happens week in week out

Elliott has had years at Firhill to fix this weak part of his game 

47 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

People like you also love selective editing which distorts the point in a cowardly manner.

Weebaw, perhaps you're picking me up wrong. I was merely highlighting part of post you made where you said.... 

"Occasionally he’ll make a magnificent run, beating man after man. People like you love that." .

I could've easily have quoted your entire post but the salient point being you have absolutely no idea what I love and what I don't. How can you? Further I'm uncertain what you mean by people like me.

Finally, selective posting can be misleading but I've already explained the context in this instance. Whatever, suggesting I'm acting in a "cowardly manner" is just a plain wrong thing to say. 

Sorry if I've ruffled your feathers. Never my intention. :thumbsup2:

13 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Weebaw, perhaps you're picking me up wrong. I was merely highlighting part of post you made where you said.... 

"Occasionally he’ll make a magnificent run, beating man after man. People like you love that." .

I could've easily have quoted your entire post but the salient point being you have absolutely no idea what I love and what I don't. How can you? Further I'm uncertain what you mean by people like me.

Finally, selective posting can be misleading but I've already explained the context in this instance. Whatever, suggesting I'm acting in a "cowardly manner" is just a plain wrong thing to say. 

Sorry if I've ruffled your feathers. Never my intention. :thumbsup2:

Just don’t edit my posts selectively in an attempt to discredit them.

We can disagree on the full original point. No problem. That’s the point of the forum. It’s a vehicle to express opinions whether right or wrong.

But do not twist my posts for your self gratification.

Anyway, I hope Spittal had a great game vs United and goes on to be a fine Jags player and proves me wrong!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Just don’t edit my posts selectively in an attempt to discredit them.

We can disagree on the full original point. No problem. That’s the point of the forum. It’s a vehicle to express opinions whether right or wrong.

But do not twist my posts for your self gratification.

Anyway, I hope Spittal had a great game vs United and goes on to be a fine Jags player and proves me wrong!

:o