Winter window

That 1 jags fan

34 minutes ago, douglas clark said:

Dear Javajag,

" Thesis-Antithesis....synthesis  " is pretty much dialectical materialism. " Dialectical connection", from, say our providers to our strikers, which has been somewhat missing this season?

If, my friend, you can translate dialectical connection onto a team that ought to be doing better, well, most fans would be with you.

I know I would.

:O

2 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Hmmmm. I think I may have addressed this point before. Can just imagine the reaction if Caldwell stated to the board/fans..".actually we are in a period of rebuild and will be for at least 12 to 18 months, so strap in. Oh and incidentally we have to chance of the playoffs this season" No need for PowerPoint either. Forum would have LOVED that statement.

You’re right in terms of what you would say at a interview , but why would Caldwell and Jaquie Lowe keep up the pretence up until a couple of weeks ago about promotion, doing that they lost the trust of the fans , they took PTFC supporters for mugs , thankfully most of the fans saw through the PR bullshit .

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

You’re right in terms of what you would say at a interview , but why would Caldwell and Jaquie Lowe keep up the pretence up until a couple of weeks ago about promotion, doing that they lost the trust of the fans , they took PTFC supporters for mugs , thankfully most of the fans saw through the PR bullshit .

... because professional sport requires confidence; because negativity is the enemy of confidence; because statements about how rubbish we are limited goals isn’t much of a positive message?

There’s a time and a place for a backs-to-wall bunker mentality, but it backfires more often than it succeeds.

It’s a forum and people are entitled to their views. Some of this stuff if pretty turgid though. It certainly doesn’t make me feel galvanised, just weary. If the Club’s media output was in synch with the forum’s mood, the first team would be in a dark room listening to The Smiths and drinking themselves into oblivion.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Get the confidence bit , but are you really telling me when we’re  24 points behind Ross County at the halfway point of the season that it’s prudent to talk about promotion, think the supporters know we’re in a relegation battle and Caldwell and Lowe would have earned a lot more respect if they had spoke honestly with maybe talk about the Jan transfer window to try and fix it .

Just now, jlsarmy said:

Get the confidence bit , but are you really telling me when we’re  24 points behind Ross County at the halfway point of the season that it’s prudent to talk about promotion, think the supporters know we’re in a relegation battle and Caldwell and Lowe would have earned a lot more respect if they had spoke honestly with maybe talk about the Jan transfer window to try and fix it .

I’m not for one minute arguing that they have got the balance right, but I don’t for one minute think that anyone is trying to treat supporters disrespectfully.

As for eljaggo’s post, it’s an interesting point. We have all been annoyed by insipid performances this year, but if the first team all have alcohol dependency issues, then perhaps we should be more understanding. Much like the Donald Trump/ syphilis rumour, it would explain a lot.

41 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

I’m not for one minute arguing that they have got the balance right, but I don’t for one minute think that anyone is trying to treat supporters disrespectfully.

As for eljaggo’s post, it’s an interesting point. We have all been annoyed by insipid performances this year, but if the first team all have alcohol dependency issues, then perhaps we should be more understanding. Much like the Donald Trump/ syphilis rumour, it would explain a lot.

It was meant as a joke SS!!!!!

3 hours ago, douglas clark said:

Dear Javajag,

" Thesis-Antithesis....synthesis  " is pretty much dialectical materialism. " Dialectical connection", from, say our providers to our strikers, which has been somewhat missing this season?

If, my friend, you can translate dialectical connection onto a team that ought to be doing better, well, most fans would be with you.

I know I would.

And as Marx said ptfc first its tradegy then it’s farce ....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, stolenscone said:

in a dark room listening to The Smiths and drinking themselves into oblivion.

And why not?

After all their four studio albums are ahead of their time (the jags, mcginty is murder,  the king john lambie is dead, seaside leagues here we come), plus there's the aptly titled live album rank, and as for the compilation albums, where do I start, with magnificent collections including hatful of sorrow, and jacqui low won't listen.

As for the songs themselves, i'm currently listening to a playlist of them that includes classics such as bigmouth gary strikes again, some managers are bigger tits than others, mccall started something he couldn't finish, what difference does a decent manager make, suffer little keown, powerpoint it was really nothing, i want the manager i can't have, i know 2013s over, that two years of sh1te isn't funny anymore, frankly mr caldwell, there is a storey that never gets dropped, panic on the streets of maryhill, jacqui in a tutu,  death of a sand dancer, last night i dreamt that thistle were top,  please please please let the thistle fans get what they want,  jags fans of the world unite and take over, doolan take a bow, this charming erskine

Now, what to drink to welcome oblivion?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, north stander said:

And why not?

After all their four studio albums are ahead of their time (the jags, mcginty is murder,  the king john lambie is dead, seaside leagues here we come), plus there's the aptly titled live album rank, and as for the compilation albums, where do I start, with magnificent collections including hatful of sorrow, and jacqui low won't listen.

As for the songs themselves, i'm currently listening to a playlist of them that includes classics such as bigmouth gary strikes again, some managers are bigger tits than others, mccall started something he couldn't finish, what difference does a decent manager make, suffer little keown, powerpoint it was really nothing, i want the manager i can't have, i know 2013s over, that two years of sh1te isn't funny anymore, frankly mr caldwell, there is a storey that never gets dropped, panic on the streets of maryhill, jacqui in a tutu,  death of a sand dancer, last night i dreamt that thistle were top,  please please please let the thistle fans get what they want,  jags fans of the world unite and take over, doolan take a bow, this charming erskine

Heaven knows, I’m miserable now...:lol:

10 hours ago, north stander said:

And why not?

Genius. All I know is I will dance a reel around the fountain if we win today!

Apologies if this has been mentioned in a different thread but Mr Scobbie's loan appears to have ended and it looks like he won't be returning:

To everyone @PartickThistle thank you for the opportunity to come play for this fantastic club. It’s been a tough few months but it’s been a pleasure to play for you. Good luck to everyone at the club for the rest of the season and beyond.

24 replies8 retweets223 likes