Winter window

That 1 jags fan

2 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I thought we had flung Sammon back, never to reel him in again.

A gulp of tea just went all over my screen AJ - the song I'm listening to right now is Rory Gallagher's Million Miles Away.

Which is roughly the distance where I want those who put us in this situation last season to be from our club.

6 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

A gulp of tea just went all over my screen AJ - the song I'm listening to right now is Rory Gallagher's Million Miles Away.

Which is roughly the distance where I want those who put us in this situation last season to be from our club.

Sorry for making you splash over your screen BR.(oh matron) Have to agree regarding people being Million Miles Away.

If Caldwell is after Sammon and lands him, that’s us definitely down. He’s useless, just like the manager.

Surely Britton would object to that signing when he is asked for the money to do the deal. 

Then again, I forgot that it is non-football people running the show these days.

20 minutes ago, Big Col said:

If Caldwell is after Sammon and lands him, that’s us definitely down. He’s useless, just like the manager.

Surely Britton would object to that signing when he is asked for the money to do the deal. 

Then again, I forgot that it is non-football people running the show these days.

Footballing people got us relegated last season 

On 1/12/2019 at 1:12 AM, north stander said:

And why not?

After all their four studio albums are ahead of their time (the jags, mcginty is murder,  the king john lambie is dead, seaside leagues here we come), plus there's the aptly titled live album rank, and as for the compilation albums, where do I start, with magnificent collections including hatful of sorrow, and jacqui low won't listen.

As for the songs themselves, i'm currently listening to a playlist of them that includes classics such as bigmouth gary strikes again, some managers are bigger tits than others, mccall started something he couldn't finish, what difference does a decent manager make, suffer little keown, powerpoint it was really nothing, i want the manager i can't have, i know 2013s over, that two years of sh1te isn't funny anymore, frankly mr caldwell, there is a storey that never gets dropped, panic on the streets of maryhill, jacqui in a tutu,  death of a sand dancer, last night i dreamt that thistle were top,  please please please let the thistle fans get what they want,  jags fans of the world unite and take over, doolan take a bow, this charming erskine

Now, what to drink to welcome oblivion?

A Twisted Thistle (2005) :(

11 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So Scobbie and Jeffries return to their clubs following Melbourne .... three pointless signings by Archie .... add in bell mcginty Brice mutumbu storey keown and we have the makings of one of our worst ever teams 

You forget the dark days of The Bunnet. I give you Stevie Fulton (shudder).....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So Scobbie and Jeffries return to their clubs following Melbourne .... three pointless signings by Archie .... add in bell mcginty Brice mutumbu storey keown and we have the makings of one of our worst ever teams 

I'm not sure why you feel the need to point out that our recruitment last summer was unsuccessful every five minutes or so. Most recognise this, already.

However, Scobbie and Jeffries were not pointless signings, they were necessary loan cover for the main CBs. From what I saw of them, they were fine for this role. 

Player wise, this is far from our worst ever teams. Selectively listing the worst players from most squads will make it look like a horror show. However, (ignoring the new players for now) a squad comprising Doolan, Erskine, Slater, Bannagan, Sneddon, Elliot, Spittal, Penrice (who played a major role in promotion from this level last season), Fitzpatrick, Wilson and McCarthy (and even Keown who played a big role in our top 6 team, suggesting that there is a player there somewhere), should not be bottom of the Championship, and losing touch with a part-time set up.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I'm not sure why you feel the need to point out that our recruitment last summer was unsuccessful every five minutes or so. Most recognise this, already.

However, Scobbie and Jeffries were not pointless signings, they were necessary loan cover for the main CBs. From what I saw of them, they were fine for this role. 

Player wise, this is far from our worst ever teams. Selectively listing the worst players from most squads will make it look like a horror show. However, (ignoring the new players for now) a squad comprising Doolan, Erskine, Slater, Bannagan, Sneddon, Elliot, Spittal, Penrice (who played a major role in promotion from this level last season), Fitzpatrick, Wilson and McCarthy (and even Keown who played a big role in our top 6 team, suggesting that there is a player there somewhere), should not be bottom of the Championship, and losing touch with a part-time set up.

It's pretty simple either the player pool isn't good enough or the blame lies at the door of the current manager and the last. A lot of the guys you named above have been unable to string back to back wins for 70....games. Plus no away win in almost a year or so.  It's pretty obvious we are nowhere near good enough as some may think....we are bottom for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Players signed by Dick Campbell:

Mark Roberts

Simon Donnelly

Johnny Tuffey

Alan Archibald

John Robertson

A lot of dross as well, but, I guess my point is there were *some* not terrible footballers.

Lets not forget the bunnet is currently only one league placing behind us at the moment.  :o

6 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

It's pretty simple either the player pool isn't good enough or the blame lies at the door of the current manager and the last. A lot of the guys you named above have been unable to string back to back wins for 70....games. Plus no away win in almost a year or so.  It's pretty obvious we are nowhere near good enough as some may think....we are bottom for a reason. 

It's the away wins stat which I think is most damaging. The back to back wins for 70 games stat is a repeat of a similar run in 2013-14, during a period of relative success. Of course, it is far less excusable at this level than in the Premier.

Of course the blame lies at the door of the current manager and the last. Archibald has paid the price for his failure. Caldwell is doing worse and surely can't be kept on much longer. Gerry Collins was sacked after 14 league games (no wins- but at a higher level), and I don't remember anyone thinking it the wrong decision. Caldwell's 1 win in 14 surely merits a similar response.