Winter window

That 1 jags fan

27 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I'm not sure why you feel the need to point out that our recruitment last summer was unsuccessful every five minutes or so. Most recognise this, already.

However, Scobbie and Jeffries were not pointless signings, they were necessary loan cover for the main CBs. From what I saw of them, they were fine for this role. 

Player wise, this is far from our worst ever teams. Selectively listing the worst players from most squads will make it look like a horror show. However, (ignoring the new players for now) a squad comprising Doolan, Erskine, Slater, Bannagan, Sneddon, Elliot, Spittal, Penrice (who played a major role in promotion from this level last season), Fitzpatrick, Wilson and McCarthy (and even Keown who played a big role in our top 6 team, suggesting that there is a player there somewhere), should not be bottom of the Championship, and losing touch with a part-time set up.

Sorry as it’s more than 5 minutes....

i mentioned because one it was officially confirmed by the club this morning that both are going back so it’s relevant to this thread and two because the sh£t squad Archie assembled is one of the main reasons we are where we are and I’m a bit fed up with the last 18 months of pish

45 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

That was actually Britton and whyte who signed him, but your right the subsequent signings by the bunnet with the exception of Roberts) were dreadful beyond belief 

Guys you are correct. But for some reason I seemed to associate players like him with DC’s time.

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Sorry as it’s more than 5 minutes....

i mentioned because one it was officially confirmed by the club this morning that both are going back so it’s relevant to this thread and two because the sh£t squad Archie assembled is one of the main reasons we are where we are and I’m a bit fed up with the last 18 months of pish

I think it's safe to say that everyone here is fed up with the last 18 months of pish.

We've sacked Archibald. We can't sack him again. I expect a new manager to improve matters. This patently has not happened. We are worse than we were when Archibald was sacked, by every conceivable metric.

And although I know you disagree, I do not accept that this squad is anywhere near as bad as you make out. It has, however, been managed poorly (under both managers). The players I have listed are not world beaters. They are not good enough to win promotion (therefore failing in the main aim going into the season). But they absolutely should not be getting cut adrift at the bottom.

Edited by Duke Gekantawa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I think it's safe to say that everyone here is fed up with the last 18 months of pish.

We've sacked Archibald. We can't sack him again. I expect a new manager to improve matters. This patently has not happened. We are worse than we were when Archibald was sacked, by every conceivable metric.

And although I know you disagree, I do not accept that this squad is anywhere near as bad as you make out. It has, however, been managed poorly (under both managers). The players I have listed are not world beaters. They are not good enough to win promotion (therefore failing in the main aim going into the season). But they absolutely should not be getting cut adrift at the bottom.

100% with you.

No one is making excuses for Archibald any more. He managed us poorly last season and he messed up in the summer. It is not an excuse for Caldwell.

Ah Steve Fulton. Far from being in my normal nature but I was the whistleblower yon time I saw him and few others sneaking back into Starks Pk after a mid match trip to the bookies and/or pub. Gotta say I handled it wrong and should've contacted the Club in confidence. Apologised to Brown McMaster afterwards but he was fine with it.

All this talk of Dick Campbell's time at Firhill is indeed depressing. Ironic tho' to the extreme. If voting for manager of the season was to take place just now I wonder who would be favourite?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

15 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Ah Steve Fulton. Far from being in my normal nature but I was the whistleblower yon time I saw him and few others sneaking back into Starks Pk after a mid match trip to the bookies and/or pub. Gotta say I handled it wrong and should've contacted the Club in confidence. Apologised to Brown McMaster afterwards but he was fine with it.

All this talk of Dick Campbell's time at Firhill is indeed depressing. Ironic tho' to the extreme. If voting for manager of the season was to take place just now I wonder who would be favourite?

I was at that game. Wasn’t Fulton hacked off cos he wasn’t selected to play, so decided to hit downtown Kirkcaldy?

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

I was at that game. Wasn’t Fulton hacked off cos he wasn’t selected to play, so decided to hit downtown Kirkcaldy?

If memory serves me well (it doesn't usually) the official version was along the lines Jamie Mitchell had something to discuss with SF and Kenny Milne tagged along. So the best place to have this discussion was deemed to be outside the ground. No idea what the parley was about tho' I believe it coincided with the running of the Grand National. 

37 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

If memory serves me well (it doesn't usually) the official version was along the lines Jamie Mitchell had something to discuss with SF and Kenny Milne tagged along. So the best place to have this discussion was deemed to be outside the ground. No idea what the parley was about tho' I believe it coincided with the running of the Grand National. 

All three were either not selected or suspended that day.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Andy Dowie.

Edited by Dark Passenger

4 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Gerry Collins was sacked after 14 league games (no wins- but at a higher level), and I don't remember anyone thinking it the wrong decision. Caldwell's 1 win in 14 surely merits a similar response.

Apart form Chic Young of course!

Most people looking at the squads in the Championship would have expected Alloa to be bottom of the league. Although our squad is not the greatest I don't think many would have expected us to be doing so badly. The reason we are doing so badly and Alloa are doing so well is imo quite simple. The managers.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:02 PM, Paukea said:

Jim McIntyre has confirmed that we have made an approach for O’dea

we Are also looking to bring Connor Sammon back 

Don't think we will be getting O'Dea. Dundee signed Andrew Davies 4 days ago and he is now out for up to 10 weeks with a broken foot.