Winter window

That 1 jags fan

And another thing, if Erskine’s move is confirmed it shows the club announcement from last week in a really bad light.

If Caldwell didn’t want Erskine, then where was the integrity in that communication?

I’m sorry, our Club is rapidly losing the plot and it makes me angry.

The statement may be mostly correct, but being part of the plans in so much as being as squad player only, and heading for league 1 working for Caldwell versus premiership football for (presumably)  the next 18 months or so would be an absolute no brainer for Chris.

Who could blame him. 

I hope he's allowed to flourish there and enjoys it.

Baffled by the dummies being spat out. Erskine has done almost zilch in almost 2 years. Part of the disgraceful run so CE making top 6. I am not defending Caldwell, he is a fud, but if we have some money coming in and frees up a wage,then fair play. Admittedly there is no confidence in Caldwell in who he brings in. As Sandy said, that announcement last week confirms that the club are run by a bunch of incompetents.

• Like 1

Caldwell better have a couple of incredible signings coming in. While I don’t think he was the player of 2 years ago still gave his all loved the club and is rightly a legend.  Even then I don’t know if a couple of incredible signings will be enough I’m almost sure the present and past incompetent and clueless managers as well as the board have consigned us to double relegation 

the difference in nearly 2 years ago at this club beggars belief 

Good lord, how did we get to this?!? 

Erskine hasn’t had a great 18 months, but then he’s not really had many opportunities. On his day a real game changer.

Sad day if this turns out to be true. 

We’re fast undoing all of the good work done with the Championship winning season, top 6 & Academy investment. Worst thing is I don’t see an end to it. 

11 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

the difference in nearly 2 years ago at this club beggars belief 

Spot on Matt. 

At the POTY dinner (April 2017), we sat on the table with Erskine & Doolan at the end of season 2016-17. Top 6 and such a good feeling around the Club.

Edited by sandy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Baffled by the dummies being spat out. Erskine has done almost zilch in almost 2 years. Part of the disgraceful run so CE making top 6. I am not defending Caldwell, he is a fud, but if we have some money coming in and frees up a wage,then fair play. Admittedly there is no confidence in Caldwell in who he brings in. As Sandy said, that announcement last week confirms that the club are run by a bunch of incompetents.

One of the most creative players we have. One of the most committed players we have. A fans favourite.

All whilst we fling in duds every week who have demonstrated they have little to nothing to offer.

8 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

From the Stats Watch thread:

"With his 6th goal of the season, Blair Spittal extends his lead to 2 at the top of our competitive goals chart for 2018-19. His goals/assists combi-total (10) is 4 ahead of his nearest team-mates (Erskine, Slater and Doolan), all of whom sit with 6. "

Erskine is joint second in the goals/assists combi total despite his limited time on the park. We all know he's not the player he was a few years ago. But he's still (well was) one of our best players. His commitment is in no doubt, and his attitude has always been exemplary. Therefore, I fully reserve the right to spit out my dummy.

If Thistle had managed to sort out releasing Bell, Lennox, Mutumbo, Ntambwe, Keown then I could understand letting Erskine move on but the priority should have been in freeing the money from those guys who don't care and have contributed nothing. Better be some player coming in.

2 minutes ago, Juanito said:

If Thistle had managed to sort out releasing Bell, Lennox, Mutumbo, Ntambwe, Keown then I could understand letting Erskine move on but the priority should have been in freeing the money from those guys who don't care and have contributed nothing. Better be some player coming in.

I think the problem is they have been told to go but because of the wages are refusing to leave.  In keowns case especially Im sure his dad could have helped him though he doesn’t likely need the money anyway. Not much we can do aboout that if they refuse to move. Not one of them or Caldwell for that matter fit to lace Chris Erskines boots 

Edited by Third Lanark

17 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

We will moan and grumble on the forum, yet come Saturday nothing will happen. Unless the fans are actually willing to take action either by boycotting, protesting, or having banners, nothing is going to change. 

Surely good old fashioned chants of 'Caldwell must go' and 'sack the board' are a good start to get the message across.

Although Erskine was probably past his prime, he was exactly the right player to give us the penetration through the middle that we desperately need.  I'll bet a pound to a pinch of salt that Caldwell has Storey and Doolan starting on Saturday. Desperate times that need more than the manager sorted out.

• Like 1

i have been attending estadio firhill for over 60 years; as a child, i watched hearts thump us 5-1 in the league cup final at hampden. i stood on the terracing every match day during the misery of 1970 when scot symon's team of ancients finished stone bottom of the old first division (to paraphrase bill shankly, we were lucky to finish bottom!) i endured the disappointment of 1975 when we missed out on a place in the inaugural 10-club premier league by three points. of course, there have been high points; '71 of course, our great promotion year when archie steered us back into the top flight with erskine and doolan in their pomp. but most of all, just being a jags' fan and all the laughs and jokes shared with the terrific people in red and yellow scarves around me. after 18 months of inexorable decline, however,  i have endured enough misery. my season ticket has been placed in hibernation. will it ever reappear? that depends on the people entrusted with running our beloved club...

13 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

From the Stats Watch thread:

"With his 6th goal of the season, Blair Spittal extends his lead to 2 at the top of our competitive goals chart for 2018-19. His goals/assists combi-total (10) is 4 ahead of his nearest team-mates (Erskine, Slater and Doolan), all of whom sit with 6. "

Erskine is joint second in the goals/assists combi total despite his limited time on the park. We all know he's not the player he was a few years ago. But he's still (well was) one of our best players. His commitment is in no doubt, and his attitude has always been exemplary. Therefore, I fully reserve the right to spit out my dummy.

and this is despite him hardly getting any game time

we struggle to score goals and create chances,  yet we can afford to let him go - senseless