Winter window

That 1 jags fan

if this is true then

we are bottom of the league, erskine who can't get a game for us, signs for a premier league team

a team that beat us over 2 games in the play offs

a team that is doing well in the premier league

what does their manager see in this player that our guy does not

watching erskine over the previous seasons we all know he always gives 100%

and is this not what our manager has been saying?

he wants players with character and will give everything for the team

i am angry really angry if this is true, what a way to treat a great thistle player

is this now the thistle way ?

7 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

We fans own over 25% of the shares in the Club, by far the biggest shareholder.  Its high time we made that shareholding speak.

Falkirk, I believe, are 75% towards their pledge target to achieve the goal of serious fan participation in the Board room of their club, and in ownership terms. I am sure it has pros and cons, but the greatest slam dunk advert for fan ownership/representation is this Thistle board.

(their target I believe being £880k)

Edited by jaf

I had the great pleasure of introducing my boy and nephew to the jags when we were lucky enough to have the legend John Lambie in charge. Through thick and thin they've stuck with it. Even through the bunnet years. The 1 0 loss at Stirling and 4 0 at home to Clyde sticking long in the memory. Archie inherited a fine young team from JMac although the founds were built by the current Ayr manager who could get us out of this mess if he came back.

Archie always had difficult seasons in the SPL and the top 6 was hardly comfy although very welcome. You dont get comfortable for long being a Jag. 

Archie lost the plot and was emptied at least 6 months too late. However he was 10 tomes more aware than this total disaster Caldwell who is taking us to the seaside. We need rid now. 

The board needs to approach Mr MCall as any cost will be offset by us not getting relegated

Just do one Caldwell.

My grandson is now of an age now i want to take him but I dont want to expose him to that shite.Thistle aint fun anymore.

The board need to act or **** off as well.

What a mess

Edited by Keiththejag

We need to join some dots.....

we have a number of players we can’t shift who are making life difficult in upgrading the squad 

the last two managers have not had erskine as a regular starter despite one of them signing him

his form over the last 18 months has been poor 

what we don’t know is whether livvy are offerring money for him or whether he wants to go no matter what 

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

So Erskine is not good enough for us. So Erskine has been poor for the last blah blah. And to what league is he going to?  

Exactly m’lady.

Sometimes a creative player needs game time and the belief of his manager. I hope at Livvy he gets that as he deserves it. It’s our loss.

15 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

So Erskine is not good enough for us. So Erskine has been poor for the last blah blah. And to what league is he going to?  

Yes he went to DU and was never a regular starter 

seems most people here would have him starting every week personally I’m not sure and maybe not getting guarantee of that is why he wants to leave 

I’ve seen enough if erskine to know his form is variable 

56 minutes ago, javeajag said:

we have a number of players we can’t shift who are making life difficult in upgrading the squad 

the last two managers have not had erskine as a regular starter despite one of them signing him

what we don’t know is whether livvy are offerring money for him or whether he wants to go no matter what 

And do you think the Players in this Window that was being talked up as the solution to our problems are better than erskine ? 

22 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I think you're looking at the wrong dots

Lets assume that Livi are offering more money for a moment. It would be hard to believe that we couldn't match the pay offer from Livi so it then becomes a question of is he someone that is a priority and key to what we need. (i.e. we could gave decided not to recruit Loy and kept Erskine)

For Livi to value him more highly than us implies that they see him as a likely first team starter (they don't carry a large squad) and for them to do this mean that they think he is capable of creating or scoring goals at a higher level (you don't sign erskine for his defensive capabilities)

According to Caldwell we need more goals so we have similar needs to Livi. So why has a successful manager/coach at Livi decided Erskine can do this at a SPL level and why has our manager decided he can't do this in the lower levels?

Livi's signing policy and tactics has been to sign players who will give their all and have proven very succesful in identifying players with the right attitude and character to fit that. We have a manager prioritising character and attitude over skill. So again we have the same need as Livi but have came to a different conclusion?

Leaving all this aside it would be fair to say that most fans have a negative opinion of Caldwell. Its clear from the statement released that the club knew the strength of feeling towards Erskine. Struggling clubs need supporters, management and board all behind each other. Why do something that will get the fans on your back?

In letting Erskine go he has decided he knows best and it comes across as arrogant when all other evidence points to him be a player we should keep (which I'm pretty sure was another thing the Chesterfield fans warned us about)

Caldwell needs to leave our club now. This is verging on vandalism.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Unfortunately  time is the one thing we dont have at present  - Alloa are creating a big gap on us and its looking like at best we might get a play off spot - do you trust Mr Caldwell to get us through the play offs ?   

No idea I can’t predict  the future .....

i would not that erskine has left yet 

If, and it's a big if, we were doing better, the reaction to Erskine leaving would be completely different because of one simple fact - he's made little or no positive contribution to the team either this season or last. And the argument that he would have done better if only he'd been given more game time won't wash - he's had numerous opportunities to show the kind of performance he was capable of in the past and it's just not happened. For all his undoubted love for the club and all the tremendous things he's done in his time with Thistle, he was never going to be more than a squad player this season. However, him going to Livingston reflects badly on Caldwell simply because it shows, yet again, a lack of judgement on his part. He's on the record as saying that his biggest mistake at Chesterfield was losing the fans - well, guess what, Gary...

If another manager was responsible for this, we might be saying, shame to see him go, but a good bit of business if we can bring in someone better. So, over to you, Mr. Caldwell.

• Like 1

I'd be very sorry to see Chris Erskine go. If it happens then it will be a sad day. He's obviously been one of my favourite players of the last ten years.

However, his form has been inconsistent, and while Gary Caldwell is the manager (however unpalatable that may be) it has to be his decision. This is just the way of it.

I had a problem with last week's statement (which was just weird), and I have a problem with Gary Caldwell being our manager, purely based on results. But I don't have a problem with him being allowed to structue the squad as he sees fit.

Edited by allyo