Winter window

That 1 jags fan

6 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Doolan and Erskine as a viable option to succeed Caldwell? Jesus, what a mess. Its going to be a long cold winter.

Replacing Caldwell just now will be basically damage limitation. I reckon the only viable alternatives to a temporary promotion from within will be some out of work has been. Apart from just maybe Danny Lennon I doubt we could temp any manager/coach away from his current employment to join our mess. 

Chris has gone because last Monday, during the burst up after training, Caldwell told Chris he had enough starts (2) to prove his worth, and wasn't in his plans so find another club.  The week before he came on against Morton in the 2nd half and the game changed completely. After the game, Caldwell told him his performance was immense. Then the Saturday against Dundee Utd, he couldn't even get off the bench. To be told " you were immense" then be told a week later " you've had your chance and are not in my plans" was enough said.  After the week of posts by the club trying to cover up what happened, you were all given a chance to say goodbye to Chris in his final 10mins last Saturday. Another ploy to keep fans happy after the crap they were told last week 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

If Caldwell goes - We will end up with Scott Allison ( again ) with Dools as Assistant to shut up he Fans - its just one big merry go round with no obviuos sign that there is some sort of plan ( assuming they accept that "promotion is still the plan" is no longer viable 

As said before Jordanhill Jag, our trouble is at the top. Caldwell is only a symptom of the illness effecting our club, he is not the cause and removing him will not be a cure.

What I don't understand is why we are still paying Alan Archibald. When he was reappointed in the summer, the message was very much that he was being given a chance, that promotion was the aim, and that if it didn't look like it was working out he would not be kept on. I might be wrong, but my recollection is that it sounded like it was being treated as a trial period. And then the board was, I thought, true to its word by letting him go when it turned out that it wasn't working. That all seemed reasonable to me. (Maybe too reasonable)

But if it was being treated as a trial then he shouldn't have been contracted to the end of the season. (And if it was not then his reappointment should not have been sold in such a tentative manner).

Did others see it that way, or am I talking nonense? Point is, if we weren't still paying Archie we could probably get rid of GC.

1 minute ago, AndyMac said:

As said before Jordanhill Jag, our trouble is at the top. Caldwell is only a symptom of the illness effecting our club, he is not the cause and removing him will not be a cure.

Agree and it has been an eye opener to read that we have a board that has a limited stake in the club but also a Trust that hold's a stake bu can't get a seat on the booard.

However removing Caldwell might allow us the chance to stay in the league and is the only real short-term option available.

I would like to think someone at the club has asked McCall or Goodwin or Lennon how much it would cost for them to takeover. Its one thing saying they aren't interested or too expensive but I don't have any faith our board has even found out the real level of interest or finances involved

19 minutes ago, Gress said:

Chris has gone because last Monday, during the burst up after training, Caldwell told Chris he had enough starts (2) to prove his worth, and wasn't in his plans so find another club.  The week before he came on against Morton in the 2nd half and the game changed completely. After the game, Caldwell told him his performance was immense. Then the Saturday against Dundee Utd, he couldn't even get off the bench. To be told " you were immense" then be told a week later " you've had your chance and are not in my plans" was enough said.  After the week of posts by the club trying to cover up what happened, you were all given a chance to say goodbye to Chris in his final 10mins last Saturday. Another ploy to keep fans happy after the crap they were told last week 

The Greenock Morton game clearly didn't change that effectively - we lost.

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

It’s hard to imagine Caldwell still being manager at the end of next month if things have not improved 

we then need someone who can keep us up which points to an experienced manage

Agree that we need an experienced manager now but if we wait until the end of next month there will only be 9 games left. If we are sacking him then its because we are waiting for our results to improve and its hasn't happened so we will be further adrift.

We need to get to 36-40 points to have a chance at safety so just now we need to get 20-24 points from 15 games and 45 points left

If we get rid at the end of February at that point we will have 9 games left to get the best part of 20 points from 27 available. It wouldn't be an experienced manager we would need at that stage, we would need to bring Harry Houdini back from the dead.

2 minutes ago, laukat said:

Agree that we need an experienced manager now but if we wait until the end of next month there will only be 9 games left. If we are sacking him then its because we are waiting for our results to improve and its hasn't happened so we will be further adrift.

We need to get to 36-40 points to have a chance at safety so just now we need to get 20-24 points from 15 games and 45 points left

If we get rid at the end of February at that point we will have 9 games left to get the best part of 20 points from 27 available. It wouldn't be an experienced manager we would need at that stage, we would need to bring Harry Houdini back from the dead.

lose the QoS game   punt the numptie  

? new banner

3 minutes ago, laukat said:

Caldwell’s record so far is 7 points from 12 games.   That is not a trajectory towards safety.

I agree, by end of Feb the situation could be unrecoverable.

1 minute ago, watties wallies said:

lose the QoS game   punt the numptie  

? new banner

Waiting until after the QOS game surrenders one of the best chances we have of getting 3 vital points (i.e. home game against someone we should beat)

Time to get rid is now.

I have no ability to create banners but if someone does the Stranraer game would be a very good place to unfurl it. A

21 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It’s hard to imagine Caldwell still being manager at the end of next month if things have not improved 

we then need someone who can keep us up which points to an experienced manager 

and looks like you were wrong about the Erskine situation as the story given above accords with pretty much every rumour about the situation

Just now, jaf said:

and looks like you were wrong about the Erskine situation as the story given above accords with pretty much every rumour about the situation

How can I be wrong about erskine I never offered a view on what’s actually happened as I have no idea and neither do most people ...

dont confuse opinion and rumour with fact 

so for example as far as I know atm he is still a thistle player 

45 minutes ago, Gress said:

This agrees with most rumours that were circulating. It also agrees with what we would expect of our clubs spin, and of Chris. When reading the statement last week by the club, and being aware of the rumours at the time, it was noticeable more what was not said in the statement than what was.

I am very sad to see him go and to have been treated so badly.

I wish him all the best for the future. Thanks for putting the record straight - some people will believe anything, I always believed in Chris.

4 minutes ago, jaf said:

This agrees with most rumours that were circulating. It also agrees with what we would expect of our clubs spin, and of Chris. When reading the statement last week by the club, and being aware of the rumours at the time, it was noticeable more what was not said in the statement than what was.

I am very sad to see him go and to have been treated so badly.

I wish him all the best for the future. Thanks for putting the record straight - some people will believe anything, I always believed in Chris.

And there was another version of events posted here which disputed this 

Just now, javeajag said:

I don’t and where is your evidence for the second part of your statement 

I thought this was a forum, I didn't realise supporting evidence needed to be provided for all comments.

As to the answer to the question, "where?" however - saved on my phone

I'm going to go against the grain here.

Caldwell has been piss poor, this is indisputable. Yet, he was left with a terrible mess which he inherited from Alan Archibald. The January transfer window will help Caldwell and the squad no end. Already there has been improvement. Two draws yes but much improved performances and as the new players get match fit and bed in then the performances will improve further.

I believe Caldwell will keep us up, even if that means winning the play offs. Never did I think this would happen but it is what it is. This season is all about staying up. 

Some of the nonsense I've read (on here and on twitter) about Chris Erskine is laughable. Some folk saying they'll not be back if Erskine goes. Really? A player who hasn't kicked a ball in a season and a half? 

All this nonsense about getting banners made - are you twelve years old? 

Caldwell was up against it from the start because many Jags fans didn't want Archie sacked. He has been terrible, yes, but he was left with an absolute shambles which he is trying to sort out this transfer window. 

Some of his tactics, team selection and substitutions are baffling but then again so were Archibald's at times. Why not try and support the guy to try and keep OUR club up?

I am completely sober.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, allyo said:

What I don't understand is why we are still paying Alan Archibald. When he was reappointed in the summer, the message was very much that he was being given a chance, that promotion was the aim, and that if it didn't look like it was working out he would not be kept on. I might be wrong, but my recollection is that it sounded like it was being treated as a trial period. And then the board was, I thought, true to its word by letting him go when it turned out that it wasn't working. That all seemed reasonable to me. (Maybe too reasonable)

But if it was being treated as a trial then he shouldn't have been contracted to the end of the season. (And if it was not then his reappointment should not have been sold in such a tentative manner).

Did others see it that way, or am I talking nonense? Point is, if we weren't still paying Archie we could probably get rid of GC.

I think (may be wrong) that Archie & Shaggy were already contracted to the end of this season, they had signed a 2 year deal.

• Like 1