Winter window

That 1 jags fan

8 minutes ago, milhouse said:

There are several sides to every story, and very little is actually known about the situation.  I wouldn't expect to get away with challenging my boss at work in front of others (even if others thought I was being reasonable). I'd expect to get away with it even less if I told people outside of work and it ended up causing lots of discord among customers on social media.

Mass hysteria about this now is not going to help us. Caldwell will deserve the sack if results remain as bad - not for releasing a particular player. The entire club needs to focus on avoiding relegation - including via a playoff, if this is required.

Caldwell deserves the sack now, for the results. As somebody already said, if  an interim manager got the results Caldwell has you would not employ them.

47 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We are also more than likely signing Sammon on loan this week if that’s better for you

Definetly not Norge    - and the fact that Erskines signing for Livingston means that Sibbald potentially could be freed and return to Falkirk means even more of a spectacular own goal.Completely beyond Caldwells and Brittons thinking to actually consider Sibbald

At least with the O Dea rumour I thought he might at least strengthen our defence but Sammon and a bunch of non English North league footballers really does mean rock bottom

20 minutes ago, Gress said:

Chris or his reps did not alert other clubs, the fact that Caldwell had him sitting on the bench alerted clubs. It was Iain McCall who initially asked about Chris. Get your facts right 

This is believable, sadly. Most of us know Erskine loved Thistle. But Caldwell failed to see his value.

IMO there is no way back for Caldwell now; it’s just a case of when he leaves.

The fact the Erskine loved  the club does not mean he should play every week even if he thinks he should .....clubs have managers because a players co-operative wouldn’t work

on the other he should be treated with dignity and respect as all players should ....the fact that he feels he was treated badly is poor ( with the caveat I don’t realky know the circumstances and who said what to whom)

from a club perspective I’m sure you could have worked out how this would go down so the response from them has been inept

from a footballing perspective if we recruit good players and climb the league you can justify it ....if we don’t .....

10 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Now is the time for the Weirs to step in and steady the ship.  Everyone is very grateful for their investment to date, but a further investment to rid us of Caldwell and the person who hired him, would be of huge benefit to the Club. 

Low is their person on the board. Not a chance will they get rid of her. 

I look on today's announcement as just another Caldwell error of judgment. We'll know by the end of the month the full extent of the error when we can assess the post window squad against the pre window squad. I have serious reservations that a manager who played Christie Elliott at centreback and Andy McCarthy at right back should be in charge of the purse strings but it's too late now.

It seems to me the fans are thinking about themselves and not thinking about Chris. He has moved from a club at the bottom of the championship and with the possibility gf going down to the 1st division, which would mean a further cut in wages, to a club in the premiership, which looks certain to be there next season. Chris would have been stupid not to move. Best of luck Chris and thanks for the memories.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

It seems to me the fans are thinking about themselves and not thinking about Chris. He has moved from a club at the bottom of the championship and with the possibility gf going down to the 1st division, which would mean a further cut in wages, to a club in the premiership, which looks certain to be there next season. Chris would have been stupid not to move. Best of luck Chris and thanks for the memories.

He didn’t want to leave, regardless of what league 

14 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Low is their person on the board. Not a chance will they get rid of her. 

I think you are right, but surely they must look at the Board and realise how weak it is.  The directors have made no investment via shareholding, and look to me to have very little to offer to the business.  I was told that Robertson was brought in to improve the catering - deckchairs and Titanic spring to mind.  The whole set up of the Club, its relationship to the two shareholding trusts and the day to day non-football management fills me with doubt about whether they can turn this round. 

5 hours ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

I'm going to go against the grain here.

Caldwell has been piss poor, this is indisputable. Yet, he was left with a terrible mess which he inherited from Alan Archibald. The January transfer window will help Caldwell and the squad no end. Already there has been improvement. Two draws yes but much improved performances and as the new players get match fit and bed in then the performances will improve further.

I believe Caldwell will keep us up, even if that means winning the play offs. Never did I think this would happen but it is what it is. This season is all about staying up. 

Some of the nonsense I've read (on here and on twitter) about Chris Erskine is laughable. Some folk saying they'll not be back if Erskine goes. Really? A player who hasn't kicked a ball in a season and a half? 

All this nonsense about getting banners made - are you twelve years old? 

Caldwell was up against it from the start because many Jags fans didn't want Archie sacked. He has been terrible, yes, but he was left with an absolute shambles which he is trying to sort out this transfer window. 

Some of his tactics, team selection and substitutions are baffling but then again so were Archibald's at times. Why not try and support the guy to try and keep OUR club up?

I am completely sober.

Yes , Caldwell is definitely sorting it out , loved Gary Harkins as a player but as you saw on Saturday he was towing a caravan , the game passed him by and then obviously he got sent off into the bargain ( why don’t we give him an 18 month  contract, doesn’t matter that he’s 34 )Ally Roy deemed not good enough for Dumbarton and makes Miles Storey look a prolific goal scorer, signs 32 yr old Joe Cardle who usually plays as a winger , only trouble with that is Caldwell doesn’t play wingers in his “ system “   . Stephen Saunders may be fine when he’s up to speed , hadn’t played since last November and then finally we sign the Celtic 3 or 4 th choice goalkeeper even though we’ve got 3 other keepers at the Club.

Be interested to know what team/s  we are going to finish above this season, after watching Falkirk on Saturday, I think they’ll be ok  with Paton and Osman in their team and the young boy Rudden scoring goals . Alloa would have to have a major collapse under Jim Goodwin for us to catch them .

We haven’t won a game away from home all season and we’ve only got 7 home games left.

Chris Erskine had the choice of 3 clubs who could see the value of him as a respected professional to possibly help the young players and also on the pitch as well.

Trouble was it had to be Caldwell’s way or no way at all .  Seaside league here we come 

Edited by jlsarmy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Where's the grenade you were waving around last week? Where's the harm in pulling out the pin now?

You have made a statement of fact against a player many fans have a soft spot for.

You are keen on people evidencing any claim on here.

I am making a choice not to on a different matter. And for that you have chosen to ridicule and doubt its veracity. Which is absolutely fine.

I thought you would want to set me and others an example and show the evidence for the statement of fact you have made.  Perhaps not.

18 minutes ago, jaf said:

You have made a statement of fact against a player many fans have a soft spot for.

So soft a spot that they're willing to accept one version of events without pressing for evidence. They can't possibly entertain the notion that there are two sides to every story and that the truth usually lies somewhere in between. 

But you can remove any doubt that remains over the circumstances surrounding Chris's exit by revealing the explosive take you've heard.

Either way, both you and Sandy can save on the sanctimony.

Edited by Dark Passenger

2 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

So soft a spot that they're willing to accept one version of events without pressing for evidence. They can't possibly entertain the notion that there are two sides to every story and that the truth usually lies somewhere in between. Both you and Sandy can save on the sanctimony.

I totally accept there are two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.  So, common ground - well that plus I am sure ultimately we want the same thing - the best for our club.