Winter window

That 1 jags fan

8 hours ago, Firhillista said:

If, and it's a big if, we were doing better, the reaction to Erskine leaving would be completely different because of one simple fact - he's made little or no positive contribution to the team either this season or last. And the argument that he would have done better if only he'd been given more game time won't wash - he's had numerous opportunities to show the kind of performance he was capable of in the past and it's just not happened. For all his undoubted love for the club and all the tremendous things he's done in his time with Thistle, he was never going to be more than a squad player this season. However, him going to Livingston reflects badly on Caldwell simply because it shows, yet again, a lack of judgement on his part. He's on the record as saying that his biggest mistake at Chesterfield was losing the fans - well, guess what, Gary...

If another manager was responsible for this, we might be saying, shame to see him go, but a good bit of business if we can bring in someone better. So, over to you, Mr. Caldwell.

Not true Firhillista , we won 3 league games under Archie and Chris Erskine scored in all of them , we’ve only won 1 game since  under Caldwell , I would say Chris Erskine’s contribution even this season is there for all to see .

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Not true Firhillista , we won 3 league games under Archie and Chris Erskine scored in all of them , we’ve only won 1 game since  under Caldwell , I would say Chris Erskine’s contribution even this season is there for all to see .

The board including GB have sanctioned this move. Clearly they have backed Caldwell. So when the sword of Damocles crashes down a few heads will go I suspect....

On 1/12/2019 at 1:12 AM, north stander said:

And why not?

After all their four studio albums are ahead of their time (the jags, mcginty is murder,  the king john lambie is dead, seaside leagues here we come), plus there's the aptly titled live album rank, and as for the compilation albums, where do I start, with magnificent collections including hatful of sorrow, and jacqui low won't listen.

As for the songs themselves, i'm currently listening to a playlist of them that includes classics such as bigmouth gary strikes again, some managers are bigger tits than others, mccall started something he couldn't finish, what difference does a decent manager make, suffer little keown, powerpoint it was really nothing, i want the manager i can't have, i know 2013s over, that two years of sh1te isn't funny anymore, frankly mr caldwell, there is a storey that never gets dropped, panic on the streets of maryhill, jacqui in a tutu,  death of a sand dancer, last night i dreamt that thistle were top,  please please please let the thistle fans get what they want,  jags fans of the world unite and take over, doolan take a bow, this charming erskine

Now, what to drink to welcome oblivion?

Brilliant, cheered me up that did.

Edited by sb1876

a 21- year old striker with no first team starts who's only goals have came in the under 23 league? Seriously? WTF?

Fair play to the boy for signing and I hope he's a success but I'm not sure its fair to bring a boy like that into our situation. He's on a hiding to nothing.

Good luck to him, and we all hope he does well.

But to sign a guy with ZERO first team league appearances (and a fairly poor scoring record even in the second division of under 23 football in England) the day after letting go of one the most talented players we have had in the last 20 years is mind-blowingly ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Hope Lewis does well but this looks a desperate signing- so much for Caldwell’s supposed contacts - sounds like more nonsense spouted

Can you link me to any interview where Gary Caldwell talks about the contacts he has? I seem to have missed this one by and can't remember any time he has said that he has contacts to draw upon to improve the squad - but I may have been mistaken, and if I am I'll hold my hands up.

Just now, G SUS said:

Can you link me to any interview where Gary Caldwell talks about the contacts he has? I seem to have missed this one by and can't remember any time he has said that he has contacts to draw upon to improve the squad - but I may have been mistaken, and if I am I'll hold my hands up.

Surely, contacts for a top, or amy manager is a given. Without such contacts you ar,e as a manager, pointless!! I've no idea if hr's ever saud "i have contacts" but that's irrelevant surely