Winter window

That 1 jags fan

1 hour ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Good luck to him, and we all hope he does well.

But to sign a guy with ZERO first team league appearances (and a fairly poor scoring record even in the second division of under 23 football in England) the day after letting go of one the most talented players we have had in the last 20 years is mind-blowingly ridiculous. 

Out of likes,Spot On.

I'm still going to wait till the 31st before final condemnation, tho' if there's better to come upfront why have we signed this lad and the Roy fella?  Gotta be said both of those two look like they're gonna have to up their games significantly if they want to be compared favourably as a striker with (midfielder) Chris Erskine. 

We're led to believe funds will be available this month to strengthen the squad. I'm guessing with the ins and outs so far we've eaten well into those funds. Are we any stronger?

4 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

We're led to believe funds will be available this month to strengthen the squad. I'm guessing with the ins and outs so far we've eaten well into those funds. Are we any stronger?

Do you think? I would imagine we would be about breaking even, may be well off the mark but on the face of it I don't think we'll be much worse off. Again guessing, but you'd imagine Scobbie & Erskine would be on decent wages.

Out: Quitongo, Storer, Jefferies, Scobbie, Erskine.

In: Roy, Saunders, Mansell, Harkins, Hazard, Cardle, Bannigan.

10 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm still going to wait till the 31st before final condemnation, tho' if there's better to come upfront why have we signed this lad and the Roy fella?  Gotta be said both of those two look like they're gonna have to up their games significantly if they want to be compared favourably as a striker with (midfielder) Chris Erskine. 

Imo ,no we are not stronger. But only time will tell. Caldwell will no doubt prepare a spread sheet/power point to show the board how we can win promotion with his new players in. What's that old saying 'football is not played on a spread sheet/ power point but on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, 1 John Lambie said:

Do you think? I would imagine we would be about breaking even, may be well off the mark but on the face of it I don't think we'll be much worse off. Again guessing, but you'd imagine Scobbie & Erskine would be on decent wages.

Hopefully you're right 1JL. If so we should be expecting a few more signings.

10 hours ago, 1 John Lambie said:

Add melbourne to the outs 

Bell, Keown, Ntambwe, Mutombo will go.  Not sure what is happening with Shea Gordon - looked like he would go but you would have thought you would have known by now. Anybody any idea when he is going to be fit? 

McCarthy and Fitzpatrick could go out on loan. 

We need at least 2 defenders and one striker as a minimum. 

1 hour ago, Alan Murray said:

Bell, Keown, Ntambwe, Mutombo will go.  Not sure what is happening with Shea Gordon - looked like he would go but you would have thought you would have known by now. Anybody any idea when he is going to be fit? 

McCarthy and Fitzpatrick could go out on loan. 

We need at least 2 defenders and one striker as a minimum. 

Why do you think those players will go? If nobody wants them they’re going nowhere. 

The problem with the Mansell signing isn't how good or bad a player he is (hopefully he's the new Pele). The problem is how the manager has managed the situation.

Had Mansell been signed prior to Esrkine leaving he would not be percieved as his replacement.

Had we not already signed Loy as a young backup striker then most would look at this signing as low outlay backup striker in case Doolan and the non-existant other experienced striker gets injured.

Had we signed him on a permanent deal we could have viewed him as one for the future

If the communication from the manager had explained any of this then we would perhaps not be jumping to conclusions.

Mansell, in my opinion, has been let down by his manager before he's kicked a ball.

• Like 1

Laukat, think you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Caldwell hasn’t communicated his rationale for who he is letting go and who he is signing. Most of us fans are therefore left looking at a jigsaw with odd & missing pieces.

His distance from the Jags support is not doing himself much in the way of favours. I genuinely wonder how well he is communicating within the dressing room (e.g Coubaily’s recent tweet).

3 hours ago, Big Col said:

Agree. But the lack of creativity in the team worries me. At least one creative midfielder is badly needed .

We do have a creative midfielder. Fitzpatrick but every time the manager puts him on if ever it's as a striker. Hope the boy leaves this is not a club that can develope anything or anybody at the moment.

7 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Probably little financial outlay on  Mansell. 

And easy to scout from Caldwell’s house in Manchester.

Harkins, Roy & Mansell will be on low wages

So much for him being funded by the board (Weirs) maybe they don’t want to give him any cash other than the inevitable pay off attached to a P-45