Winter window

That 1 jags fan

2 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Our squad is so much better balanced than it was at the start of the season. If we get another centre half I think McMillan will take Elliots place at right back. 

Caldwell said he wants a striker and a central defender, if we could punt Keown ,Mutumbo and Bell it would be nice to see another winger.

Hope Cardles injury isn't a bad one him and Fitzpatrick are really making a difference to the team.

Last 4 games Elliot has played well, it is penrice who has been poor.

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Is there any evidence for that assertion, or is it speculation on your part??

I wasn’t trying to speculate about Bell or Keown in particular. I was more commenting on a reason for a senior player to be training with the youth team. My apologies to Bell and Keown

5 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Maybe it wasn’t that many was probably thinking of guys like graham Gibson, Scott Boyd  who were on the books, brown Ferguson maybe too

All you've named were out of contract/had already left when McCall became manager, I believe. I seem to recall the decision not to offer Scott Boyd a new contract one of the more eye-brow raising decisions at the time, but in hindsight not a bad one.

Just now, Lenziejag said:

I wasn’t trying to speculate about Bell or Keown in particular. I was more commenting on a reason for a senior player to be training with the youth team. My apologies to Bell and Keown

Thanks for the clarification.

Hopefully it's not indicative of the spirit in the camp that senior players may have been sent to the youths to earn their corn.

Anyway, January seems to have us on some kind of an upswing which is very welcome. The beers taste good tonight, for the first time in a while. Let's hope the momentum gathers pace.

7 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

All you've named were out of contract/had already left when McCall became manager, I believe. I seem to recall the decision not to offer Scott Boyd a new contract one of the more eye-brow raising decisions at the time, but in hindsight not a bad one.

Is this the Scott Boyd that is currently playing for Killie ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I thought Boyd was actually on a 3 year deal and he was told he was surplus to requirements. Gibson definitely had another year - your likely right that brown Ferguson’s contract had expired 

2 hours ago, marcia blaine said:

My recollection is that Boyd was absolutely terrible with us and very few saw the merit in keeping him. Cue much astonishment at him developing well with County and ending up to be a fairly capable player.

Slightly disagree. Boyd came on loan to us initially before signed. Looked a decent prospect but picked up an injury that kept him out for a longish time for one his age.  This was a guy that in the most crucial period in his development received next to no coaching at Firhill under Campbell. Indeed it was probably DC that signed him at County?The fact Boyd has since gone on to play far more top flight football than our Club have managed (and still counting) says a hell of a lot for the lad.  

I don't believe it can be emphasised too much just how much of an uphill struggle it was for a youngster unfortunate enough to be at Firhill during the Campbell years. So in my book Scott Boyd is a real credit to himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Slightly disagree. Boyd came on loan to us initially before signed. Looked a decent prospect but picked up an injury that kept him out for a longish time for one his age.  This was a guy that in the most crucial period in his development received next to no coaching at Firhill under Campbell. Indeed it was probably DC that signed him at County?The fact Boyd has since gone on to play far more top flight football than our Club have managed (and still counting) says a hell of a lot for the lad.  

I don't believe it can be emphasised too much just how much of an uphill struggle it was for a youngster unfortunate enough to be at Firhill during the Campbell years. So in my book Scott Boyd is a real credit to himself.

Campbell signed him for Ross County,as you said.

10 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I completely agree that it was impressive how he managed to develop. My point was that I and others certainly didn’t really see it coming but yes, the Bunnet’s methods were no doubt a factor in his lack of development, as his own commitment and better coaching were no doubt a factor when he blossomed elsewhere.

• Like 1

Only Bell and Keown to get rid of then and that’s all the wage stealers gone ,somehow don’t think bell will be leaving anytime soon as he supposedly wants to “stay and fight for a place” aka get money free for nothing for another whole year :thumbsup:  Rated him but would also like to see us cut ties with Shea Gordon and use the loan elsewhere as he’s no use to us injured.