Winter window

That 1 jags fan

30 minutes ago, AlgarveJag said:

seems to be giving himself a bit of a headache where no natural first choice (for striker for example) player exists for a preferred lineup but makes for a versatile rotational selection policy if GC believes the players are capable of switching formations during games and playing different formations depending on opposition.  Archie was often slow to react/change formations and/or the players weren't able to adapt quickly enough.

Should be a very interesting run in to the season end now. 

Also needs to be a winning run into the season. Dare I say 'promotion winning form', to get us away from the bottom2.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Yes. I think there's a clear logic to his signings. Compare the outs and ins and how the new players have been deployed.

Agree. I think he has done really well in this window. A big turnover of players but very positive signs in that they seem to be playing well together quickly. Saunders for me has been the pick of the bunch. Has brought a bit of composure to the back line. 

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not good on these things but would I be right in saying we've used up our "loan allowance"?  If so Bingham might be OK on a short term deal but wouldn't say much for Roy & Mansell and would confuse me.

Caldwell's comments at the time of the Mansell signing tended to suggest he's one for the future rather than playing a big part this season. It's only a loan but I'd guess he's likely to be available come the summer?

2 hours ago, sandy said:

Do you think there is a logic to Caldwell’s buying? I’m not sure it’s 100%.

The logic appears to be getting in better players than he is getting rid of and in the majority of cases this is what’s happening which makes perfect sense to me.

i sometimes question the logic of some of our summer signings the likes of Brice 30 games in 5 years- it’s  almost like some of these signings were being plucked out of a raffle 

23 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The logic appears to be getting in better players than he is getting rid of and in the majority of cases this is what’s happening which makes perfect sense to me.

i sometimes question the logic of some of our summer signings the likes of Brice 30 games in 5 years- it’s  almost like some of these signings were being plucked out of a raffle 

No more raffle tickets for me.

• Like 1