Winter window

That 1 jags fan

Graeme McGarry in The Herald

"9:34pm It's disappointment for Partick Thistle fans - well, more disappointment - as a last-gasp bid for a striker has fallen through at the eleventh hour. The Jags thought they had their man after putting in a bid with a club in England, but the deal has now collapsed and manager Gary Caldwell is satisfied to go into the scrap for Championship survival with what he now has."

12 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Gutted to hear about this striker falling through but out with up front I think we are now strong enough everywhere else to stay up. Hopefully.

Hope the lad's alright.

No idea who the player was but glad to hear it wasn't one of the released players like Moussa or Bingham. Not over concerned as I think with the choices we've got in attacking midfield we'll only play one out and out striker in any case.

5 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Hope the lad's alright.

No idea who the player was but glad to hear it wasn't one of the released players like Moussa or Bingham. Not over concerned as I think with the choices we've got in attacking midfield we'll only play one out and out striker in any case.

Both Sammon and Nathan Austin were suggested as the possibilities.  Not bothered we missed out on Sammon, but Austin seems to be pretty good

4 minutes ago, sandbank boy said:

That’s exactly where we are Sandy that or National (non) League. 

Oh that’s scary! 

I watched Accy Stanley for 2 years when I worked down in Lancashire, before their recent promotion to League One. Always thought they could give the Jags a good game.

11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I suspect we are well below that, both in ability and finances

Well, maybe correct. Accy Stanley sold a player last summer for c£1m. Chances of that happening in Scottish tier 2? Fecking zero.

Our game up here is financed really poorly compared to the TV deals down south.

Barnet looked a super team against Brentford earlier in the week. Hardly gave the ball away and coped well with a side several divisions above them. Wouldn't it be nice if we have turned a corner and start being stuffy/hard to beat and able to give the fans surprises occasionally?

One thing about the Jags in the last thirty odd years we are pretty predictable and not in a good way either.

Gone  are the days when we whipped an about to win the league/ wonderful Dundee team 3-0 at Firhill after they had won 5-1 at Ibrox. That Dundee team got to the semis of the European Cup the following year.

Gary's imports just MIGHT change the mould  for the better; fingers firmly crossed!

• Like 1