SEASON TICKET SALES

ARu-Strathbungo

For years I worked abroad, and would see Thistle about 6 games a season. So earlier this month when I finally retired, I thought I should buy a half season ticket to watch closely what this character Caldwell is doing to our club. I'm thinking that if I am going to criticise the guy, I should at least watch the team week in, week out so it can be constructive criticism.

A few weeks ago I tried to find the price of the a half season ticket online … no luck, so I tried an email to the club (I was abroad and the phone was not an option) to date no reply!

I wonder if this apathy is indicative of the mood within the club? Generally my dealings with the ticket office have been sombre affairs (tickets for the last few games of last season, and picking up the ticket for the Livingston game) I get the feeling there is no stomach for the struggle we will certainly have to get back to the top (or at least into the top 4) of the championship. 

There seems to be the general apathy in the office. I won a signed ball in last month's centenary draw and I'm still waiting for it despite sending several emails. I can't collect it on match days, as the office is closed. Also it can't be left at Firhill on match days as I wouldn't be allowed to take it inside the ground, even though the mascots get a ball given to them on match days and have it with them inside the ground. Also the office is 'waiting on the kit man to get some balls signed'. A bit of a joke if you ask me. Adding to the hassles a fellow poster had trying to collect his 50-50 winnings a few months ago it really is poor stuff

2 hours ago, jaggy said:

There seems to be the general apathy in the office. I won a signed ball in last month's centenary draw and I'm still waiting for it despite sending several emails. I can't collect it on match days, as the office is closed. Also it can't be left at Firhill on match days as I wouldn't be allowed to take it inside the ground, even though the mascots get a ball given to them on match days and have it with them inside the ground. Also the office is 'waiting on the kit man to get some balls signed'. A bit of a joke if you ask me. Adding to the hassles a fellow poster had trying to collect his 50-50 winnings a few months ago it really is poor stuff

It is totally unacceptable for winners to get messed around,the 50/50 sellers stand out in some pretty lousey weather to sell tickets, and the office cannot be bothered  to sort the most simple of  operations,makes you wonder if they actually care?.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, falklandal1 said:

It is totally unacceptable for winners to get messed around,the 50/50 sellers stand out in some pretty lousey weather to sell tickets, and the office cannot be bothered  to sort the most simple of  operations,makes you wonder if they actually care?.

Everybody who enters these sort of competitions are not doing it to win, but to put money into the club. So whenever the winners are known it should be made as easy as possible for them to get their prize, no matter what it is.

• Like 1

I think my situation is a case in point.

I now know the price for a concession 1/2 season ticket, but I have not bought.

Yesterdays performance was poor, but you (well at least I) can see there were talented players for Thistle, but confidence and self belief within the group are totally missing.

Had Doolan connected with that crossball on the 6th minute, perhaps then the team would have gone on to record some kind of victory, but instead, a mindless hoof up the middle caught all of the Thistle defence, bar one, playing statues and to compound matters our goalkeeper decided to give the Morton player the easiest option of lobbing the ball over his head. 

The words Caldwell said to the press after the game about every player in the dressing room being worried for their jobs will have done no good for team moral whatsoever. For sure there is a need for 3 or 4 good players in the squad, but the team I saw playing against Morton was not a bad group of players, but rather a group who are becoming scared of the ball, nervous about taking a chance and badly coached by someone who is not qualified to hold that position.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I think my situation is a case in point.

I now know the price for a concession 1/2 season ticket, but I have not bought.

Yesterdays performance was poor, but you (well at least I) can see there were talented players for Thistle, but confidence and self belief within the group are totally missing.

Had Doolan connected with that crossball on the 6th minute, perhaps then the team would have gone on to record some kind of victory, but instead, a mindless hoof up the middle caught all of the Thistle defence, bar one, playing statues and to compound matters our goalkeeper decided to give the Morton player the easiest option of lobbing the ball over his head. 

The words Caldwell said to the press after the game about every player in the dressing room being worried for their jobs will have done no good for team moral whatsoever. For sure there is a need for 3 or 4 good players in the squad, but the team I saw playing against Morton was not a bad group of players, but rather a group who are becoming scared of the ball, nervous about taking a chance and badly coached by someone who is not qualified to hold that position.

Ran out of likes. The appointment of Caldwell is costing us money. It is up to the board to correct their mistake and get somebody in to get this squad and anybody that comes in January organised and motivated, to get us out of this mess. We have went from going for promotion, to now having  to worry about relegation because the board did the wrong thing. Not by sacking Archibald but by getting Caldwell in. If we go down it will take us years to recover, if we ever do.

What is totally galling is the fact that 18 months ago we were on par with the likes of Kilmarnock. They hired in a manager who's CV was simply excellent with one or two minus points, the board of directors were able to look at his CV and make a good judgement call on his CV as a whole and take the decision this guy had the kind of common sense management  approach that would work with the playing staff available and with the Scottish Premiership.

Partick Thistle board of directors on the other hand seem to have been charmed by a Powerpoint presentation and a series of excel spreadsheets. The expression 'bvllshtye baffles brains' comes to mind.

My real worry is that it will get a lot worse before it gets better, and it might take years for PTFC to recover

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

What is totally galling is the fact that 18 months ago we were on par with the likes of Kilmarnock. They hired in a manager who's CV was simply excellent with one or two minus points, the board of directors were able to look at his CV and make a good judgement call on his CV as a whole and take the decision this guy had the kind of common sense management  approach that would work with the playing staff available and with the Scottish Premiership.

Partick Thistle board of directors on the other hand seem to have been charmed by a Powerpoint presentation and a series of excel spreadsheets. The expression 'bvllshtye baffles brains' comes to mind.

My real worry is that it will get a lot worse before it gets better, and it might take years for PTFC to recover

Another excellent post. Welcome to the forum.

LLD, A few weeks ago I was working abroad and internet access was patchy to say the least, this obviously didn't help in my efforts to find the price of the ticket and what games the ticket would be valid for. I now know the answer to both these questions, but I found them in Saturdays program.

My point was more related to the use of email for enquiries that cannot be answered by the website, and PTFC don't appear to respond to email traffic.