Caldwell and Low update from PTFC

westertonjagfan

5 minutes ago, allyo said:

No pitchforks. I'm so Thistle stereotype. Like when I once took sushi into Easter Road.

I agree no pitchforks necessary! But I do think the club needs to be proactive rather than reactive, especially when it has made a big deal about fan communication, fan empowerment, etc. Emails will of course help but the issue is bigger than sending a few emails. 

1 hour ago, jaf said:

No it isn't.

In small companies, it is, but in larger companies it is commonplace.

Anyway, don't want to argue, as I agree with the substance of your point, but for future reference I would want our directors to be the best qualified for the job and with the best skillsets rather than being restricted in them having to come from within our shareholding base.

I'm not suggesting that they come from our shareholder base, I'm suggesting they join our shareholder base.

With regards to sending emails, my experience of getting any email replies by PTFC is zero.

I have noticed a real lethargy within the club to deal with enquiries using email, sure they love to write stirring words in the programme, and the website remains nonsensically upbeat, but an email is a personal contact and they don't want to have that at all. Sure we are 'the magnificent Partick Thistle support', but they don't want us too close as we might say something that does not equate to full agreement with their opinions.

In fact it seems to be that PTFC BoD are not looking for a support, but more a group of acolytes!

33 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

With regards to sending emails, my experience of getting any email replies by PTFC is zero.

I have noticed a real lethargy within the club to deal with enquiries using email, sure they love to write stirring words in the programme, and the website remains nonsensically upbeat, but an email is a personal contact and they don't want to have that at all. Sure we are 'the magnificent Partick Thistle support', but they don't want us too close as we might say something that does not equate to full agreement with their opinions.

In fact it seems to be that PTFC BoD are not looking for a support, but more a group of acolytes!

in maryhill jargon does that mean they are a bunch of bevvy merchants  :drink:

6 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Agree he's not played well this season, imo he's earned a blip though.

Standard cuddly Thistle mentality, "legends" get to take breaks. We need ******* players who can do a shift now or we're off to the seaside leagues, again!

44 minutes ago, Hankey said:

Classic Thistle, wanting to carry passengers in a dog fight. Loser mentality that is rife through the club.

I wouldn't want us to carry anyone regardless of their history.. I agree Erskine's form hasn't been good this season but we're not exactly spoilt for choice in having "in form" players this season, especially in the final third where we are consistently rank.  He is a creative attacking player who - IMO - offers more than say Storey (whom, it seems, our manager rates highly, god help us)...  I think Erskine deserves another chance this season, but quite frankly, I think we're doomed regardless of who we play/sign under Caldwell. I think we're all watching a car crash in slow motion with Low at the wheel. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Sad 1

Not sure anybody saw it one of post match reactions on Jagzone with Chris Erskine can not remember what the question was but answer was I have not being playing under the new manger for what ever reason, seemed to me Erskine was not happy he has not really been given a run of games under Caldwell when you consider the run of games Storey has been given. 

11 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Erskine has mostly played bit-parts on the left wing under Dunder-Heed. Never been his best position.

Also get the impression it's better to start Erskine than have him coming on as a sub. As you say he's been played wide too often. 

No sentiment involved but I hope he's still a Jags player come February. Even if his form has been iffy the tie breaker for me is he cares about the Club. I don't believe that quality is that prevalent within the squad these days.

• Like 2