Caldwell and Low update from PTFC

westertonjagfan

The PTFC Trust has several formal ways to be contacted; the email address mentioned above, Facebook & Twitter (both @ptfctrust). These are the communication channels that are actively monitored & fed back to the club at meetings. 

This forum, although useful & used by myself off & on for many years, is not linked to the PTFC Trust in any way & is not the best place to contact the Trustees.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:45 PM, erty13 said:

A few questions. 

How do you gather feedback from the fans to discuss the big issues.

What areas are you going to raise and what questions are you looking for answers to.

We raise the questions & topics raised to us by the fans. We are also all supporters so have our own thoughts, some of which will match the questions raised by supporters & some will be different.

Supporters set the agenda for the conversations that take place.

Pauline Graham has kindly sent me a copy of the Supporters Trust deed and its two variations, and I have attached a copy of each.

I am not a lawyer, so others will get more than me from these documents.

Two things seem to me to be of interest to supporters.  First section 5 allows for the trustees to seek directorships on companies in which they have a shareholding.  The Trust can therefore instigate a request for a seat on the PTFC board, and need not wait for the PTFC board to issue an invitation.

Second, with the increase from 5 to 6 trustees (an extra supporters trustee) there seems to be no clause that defines how the Trust' votes if the trustees are split 3:3 on any issue.  I cannot see from the documents who elects the chair, whether that chair has a casting vote, and if the chair rotates over time.

20181012101906269.pdf

20181012101711823.pdf

20190117150104601.pdf

Edited by eljaggo

25 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Pauline Graham has kindly sent me a copy of the Supporters Trust deed and its two variations, and I have attached a copy of each.

I am not a lawyer, so others will get more than me from these documents.

Two things seem to me to be of interest to supporters.  First section 5 allows for the trustees to seek directorships on companies in which they have a shareholding.  The Trust can therefore instigate a request for a seat on the PTFC board, and need not wait for the PTFC board to issue an invitation.

This is really interesting. If this is the case then this should absolutely be the number 1 priority for the Trust right now. Forget bricks, forget meet the manager nights, this has to be THE issue. It is from that which all credibility, strength, power, and genuine involvement will flow. 

Grateful to 1 John Lambie if he is able to provide a response.