Caldwell and Low update from PTFC

westertonjagfan

5 minutes ago, David Brent said:

We are missing such a big resource by not scouting in Scotland properly, fairly criminal actually. Look at Livingston for an example of how effective getting players from lower leagues in Scotland can be. I mean look at when we last won this league- Muirhead, Paton, Taylor Sinclair, Erskine, Doolan etc. 

100% correct , the players you mentioned were all identified as having potential and were coached into better players by McCall and McNamara, fell down badly over the last few years getting journeymen pros from the lower leagues in England which didn’t work .

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

gerry britton was against the appointment   :thumbsup2:

I don’t think it’s uncommon for members of the board to be for and against managerial appointments. Brown McMaster insisted on dick Campbell vein appointed while he was also vehemently against the appointment of Ian McCall.

to be fair Gerry Britton also made a mistake in not getting rid of Archie sooner 

We need to mobilise and chase these jokers from Firhill.

Get all over their social media channels and tell them (politely) that things must change. Caldwell must do, with Low and Britton shortly thereafter.

I was disappointed not to see a crowd gathering on Firhill Road after today’s game. That time will come.

If we do nothing, nothing will change.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

We need to mobilise and chase these jokers from Firhill.

Get all over their social media channels and tell them (politely) that things must change. Caldwell must do, with Low and Britton shortly thereafter.

I was disappointed not to see a crowd gathering on Firhill Road after today’s game. That time will come.

If we do nothing, nothing will change.

Partick Thistle Fc is crying out for a takeover bid. 

They should start by saying what everybody else knows, we are in a relegation battle. It fools know one saying we are still going for promotion even though we are 5 points behind third bottom and our new manager has only won 1 game. You should not treat your paying customers like idiots. If we can afford to get rid of Caldwell and his spread sheets / data base we should. If we don't we are down. Or is the question can we afford to hold onto him.

Edited by Auld Jag

43 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

They should start by saying what everybody else knows, we are in a relegation battle. It fools know one saying we are still going for promotion even though we are 5 points behind third bottom and our new manager has only won 1 game. You should not treat your paying customers like idiots. If we can afford to get rid of Caldwell and his spread sheets / data base we should. If we don't we are down. Or is the question can we afford to hold onto him.

we have been down since the start of the season, only a miracle will keep us up...a miracle in january signings i hope

Edited by Pinhead

What this update (and her programme notes from today) made clear is that out Chairman thinks that we are idiots. We have watched our team perform atrociously for weeks and weeks yet we are told we are making progress and we are told - almost unbelievably - that promotion is still our aim. We all spend hundreds, if not thousands of pounds every year, to support the team we love and are being told that all is well when, actually, we can all see that we are heading for catastrophe. 

We are being led by someone with no Thistle background; who has no footballing background; who has made a devastatingly bad managerial appointment; who continually makes statements that appear to be from an alternate reality; who has a background in PR yet who appears to have no basic grasp of how to do PR; who has no shares (as far as I know?) in the football club, and under whose leadership we are heading for League One.

It’s been a long time since I have been as worried about our club as I am currently. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

What this update (and her programme notes from today) made clear is that or Chairman thinks that we are idiots. We have watched our team perform atrociously for weeks and weeks yet we are told we are making progress and we are told - almost unbelievably - that promotion is still our aim. We all spend hundreds, if not thousands of pounds every year, to support the team we love and are being told that all is well when, actually, we can all see that we are heading for catastrophe. 

We are being led by someone with no Thistle background; who has no footballing background; who has made a devastatingly bad managerial appointment; who continually makes statements that appear to be from an alternate reality; who has a background in PR yet who appears to have no basic grasp of how to do PR; who has no shares (as far as I know?) in the football club, and under whose leadership we are heading for League One.

It’s been a long time since I have been as worried about our club as I am currently. 

Articulated beautifully.  Thistle fans believe anything is the view from the boardroom. Which is a much more ugly articulation.

10 hours ago, jaf said:

Articulated beautifully.  Thistle fans believe anything is the view from the boardroom. Which is a much more ugly articulation.

I think the fact that our Chairman has no Thistle or footballing background means there is a presumption that football fans are idiots. Allied to that her background in PR - which is essentially professional bullshitting - means that we are being treated like mugs. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

2 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

What this update (and her programme notes from today) made clear is that out Chairman thinks that we are idiots. We have watched our team perform atrociously for weeks and weeks yet we are told we are making progress and we are told - almost unbelievably - that promotion is still our aim. We all spend hundreds, if not thousands of pounds every year, to support the team we love and are being told that all is well when, actually, we can all see that we are heading for catastrophe. 

Spot on. We either go to the games, or watch the game/highlights on Jagzone, and some will do both, so we can see quite clearly what's going on. Unless we are going to get some realistic/truth full comments these updates are useless. We don't need our club to bullsh1t us that's what May and Brexit is for.

Low and Britton getting an awful lot of stick. Some of it probably warranted but let's face it, if the team was doing better they'd be under a lot less scrutiny. So for all that the PR may be poor or the Chesterfield statement embarrassing, it's really their choice of manager that is letting them down. 

So i admit there's an element of devil's advocate here, but (without benefit of hindsight obviously) was Caldwell such a bad appointment? At the time I was cautiously optimistic. His previous record wasn't great but he's young enough to learn, he's worked at a high level with good people, he obviously gave a good interview (for all it's been ridiculed since), probably demonstrated fresh ideas and hunger to succeed, and wasn't one of the "usual suspects" that so many on here were so keen to avoid. He seemed at the time to tick a lot of boxes; and when you look back at the forum the appointment was generally welcomed.

In their position you have to make a decision and hope for the best. It hasn't worked out, but since the appointment the team performance has been entirely out of their hands. 

So questioning and criticism is valid. But my question is, are they really to blame for the shambles we've become?  To the (at times vitriolic) level that seems to be the consensus on this forum? 

Edited by allyo
  • Like 3