What to do with a problem like Caldwell?

dougie247

These are the options  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with a problem like Caldwell?

• Give him the window and the rest of the season..
    • He has no clue and should be removed now..

Lib i totally agree the position were in at the moment i think decisions have to be made to change now not a bad shout about Erskine and Dools as its not going to  cost the club as theyre already on the payroll i just think the players now and whatever new additions would respond better to these guys instead off waiting until its to late once again

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

one thing i find funny is that most of those who want caldwell gone after 2 months are the same ones that wanted to keep archie until we went into the lowland league....how times have changed or are they just pissed off their pal got bagged and can now vent at caldwell cause he ain't started too good? we gave archie almost 2 years to hang himself, we need to at least allow caldwell a transfer window. if after that it all goes wrong then so be it...no matter who is in charge of that shit they would struggle.

I was a big defender of Archie, so would probably be among those you're referring to. In retrospect I'd admit it looks like we stuck with him for too long, and I certainly didn't object to his eventual sacking when it did happen. 

But I don't think there is any conflict in supporting Archie over an extended period while wanting Caldwell to go after such a short time.

Archibald had successful seasons under his belt, and had shown an ability to dig us out when things weren't going so well. Under his leadership thistle won some real crunch matches, Morton, Hearts, Ross County, Motherwell, when it really mattered. We were playing at a higher level. My "loyalty" was based purely on what I thought was best for thistle. 

Caldwell has no such record to fall back on, and in his first two months he has led thistle on a run that is worse than anything Archie suffered in five and a half years. 

I think he has to go.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mulguy jag said:

AJ, would you be surprised if this present board have given Caldwell a 2 year deal. 

Hi MJ hope Santa was good to you. I remember when we first appointed Caldwell as manager I couldn't see anything about the length of contract. I asked on the forum and was told 2 years. As I have said, if we have given him a 2 year contract with no clauses that say we can get rid of him without paying out remainder of his contract our board has sold the club down the river. Its not as if he had a good record in his last 2 seasons before joining us. All the best for 2019.

23 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Hi MJ hope Santa was good to you. I remember when we first appointed Caldwell as manager I couldn't see anything about the length of contract. I asked on the forum and was told 2 years. As I have said, if we have given him a 2 year contract with no clauses that say we can get rid of him without paying out remainder of his contract our board has sold the club down the river. Its not as if he had a good record in his last 2 seasons before joining us. All the best for 2019.

Cheers AJ.   

Edited by mulguy jag