Dundee United vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

19 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Could Fitzpatrick not provide the pace? More confidence in him than Storey. Fitzpatrick still learning and improving and has marvellous potential. Storey has had more than enough chances, is totally unreliable and cannot shoot.

I was half hoping that Inverness might try to re-sign Storey in the window. They are drawing a lot of games and perhaps need someone to fire them on to a winning streak. Storey had a great record there and they might hope that he could recapture that form back in that familiar successful environment.

Hopefully they would ignore his record at Thistle in the same way that we ignored Caldwell's record at Chesterfield.

Erskine has to start. I sense that he may be beginning to run into some improved form.

Not worked out well for us so far, ignoring Caldwell's record at Chesterfield.

57 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Team shaping up to be.

Sneddon

Saunders, Mcginty, Scobbie

Elliott                                            Penrice

Bannigan ,Harkins, Slater,

Storey, Doolan

Can Scobbie play against his parent club ?

I have said before that I do not like having a back 5 without a ball playing central defender, and I would much prefer to have Spittal and Erskine in my team than Storey. I appreciate that the team I have suggested below could be accused of lack of pace but hopefully can make up for this with subtlety. Fitzpatrick and:/or Storey can come on in the second half to add pace as the game opens up. It is hard luck on Sneddon but I suspect that Caldwell will pitch in Hazard. So:

Hazard

Elliott  Saunders  McGinty  Penrice

Slater  Bannigan 

Harkins  Erskine  Spittal 

Doolan

Since I posted the above, we have signed Joe Cardle and Ally Roy. Suspect that Cardle may take Erskine's place and Roy will come off the bench.

Edited by partickthedog
More new signings!
  • Like 1

Just now, partickthedog said:

I have said before that I do not like having a back 5 without a ball playing central defender, and I would much prefer to have Spittal and Erskine in my team than Storey. I appreciate that the team I have suggested below could be accused of lack of pace but hopefully can make up for this with subtlety. Fitzpatrick and:/or Storey can come on in the second half to add pace as the game opens up. It is hard luck on Sneddon but I suspect that Caldwell will pitch in Hazard. So:

Hazard

Elliott  Saunders  McGinty. Penrice

Slater.  Bannigan 

Harkins. Erskine. Spittal 

Doolan

I completely forgot about Spittal.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:55 PM, Auld Jag said:

Agree. Unfortunately the apathy on this thread I also felt at Firhill yesterday. For the majority of the game there was no atmosphere and even leaving the ground nothing. We just seem to have accepted we are going down. Some mention the play offs, but if we continue the way we are going I think we could be bottom of the league. Next home game against Falkirk is massive. Wonder how many of our January transfer saviours will be in by then.

Add me to the list.

The apathy at games is baffling. We need the shed back, a figure head, a voice.

I had to go to JHS last weekend, shouted some vitriol at caldwell, only one other fan shouted. You could touch the apathy. Was it any better/worse in the JLS.

I'm missing utd, coming home from a short break, don't think i'd travel anyway, horrid ground, horrid supporters. Loved the 1-0 dumbya game tho. We made a lotta noise that day.......how quickly things have changed........feckin board, wrong choice of manager!!!!!

13 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

I for one will not be  making the effort to go up to  Dungdee on Saturday ,  my one man protest  vote.. I have been to all the away games this season except Dross County...If our results had been better I would be there but defeat after defeat  ,its 5  hours out my my day  that I am not going to be suffering going and coming home... 

I appreciate where you’re coming from but not going to an Away game isn’t really a protest vote, imo. I’ll probably go just as I’ve got my bus membership. I wonder if they can drop me off near the town centre then I can visit the V & A Dundee? :lol:

Just now, jagfox said:

I appreciate where you’re coming from but not going to an Away game isn’t really a protest vote, imo. I’ll probably go just as I’ve got my bus membership. I wonder if they can drop me off near the town centre then I can visit the V & A Dundee? :lol:

Support the team, harrang the manager/board to do better?

3 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Support the team, harrang the manager/board to do better?

I’ll not be doing any haranguing at this stage. I go to support the team...until they ship another soft goal then the haranguing can begin.

3 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Add me to the list.

The apathy at games is baffling. We need the shed back, a figure head, a voice.

I had to go to JHS last weekend, shouted some vitriol at caldwell, only one other fan shouted. You could touch the apathy. 

Guilty as charged. Unless you were at the opposite end of the JHS from me, in which case it would make it 3 of us shouted at him.

7 hours ago, Big Col said:

Guilty as charged. Unless you were at the opposite end of the JHS from me, in which case it would make it 3 of us shouted at him.

Three's a starting point:D