Diverting a little New Academy money?

topcat

I don,t wish to ask the Weirs to contribute more but is there a small case for a little of the new Academy money to be diverted to the players fund for this Transfer window and get some fresh blood in to save our season.

If we were to be relegated to the first then the Academy would struggle to be as attractive for signing youngsters. Just a thought.

36 minutes ago, allyo said:

I don't think it's their style. Just my impression.

I also don't think it would help much. 

Personally I'd have more faith in this group of players under a different manager than another group under Caldwell 

To be fair they didn’t really perform very well under Archie either who signed them - that’s now 2 managers regardless of how bad they are that the players have not bothered to perform for

13 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

To be fair they didn’t really perform very well under Archie either who signed them - that’s now 2 managers regardless of how bad they are that the players have not bothered to perform for

I didn't say I'd have faith in them. Just more faith

5 hours ago, topcat said:

I don,t wish to ask the Weirs to contribute more but is there a small case for a little of the new Academy money to be diverted to the players fund for this Transfer window and get some fresh blood in to save our season.

If we were to be relegated to the first then the Academy would struggle to be as attractive for signing youngsters. Just a thought.

What assets has the Weir Academy provided us? Jack Hendry, that's it? Just think what those £4 million could have done if invested straight in the playing squad budget/scouting/signing promising youth players from elsewhere on long contracts and then selling them on...

FFS when will folk get it into their heads that Colin Weir has  said all along that he will not directly finance PTFC.  He is building a training centre as part of his support for community football and if Thistle don't want to, or can't afford to use it then I'm sure he will be quite happy for it to be used by the Weir Acadamy or even the women's team.

I don't get this attutude of football fans that if someone has money they have a duty to finance the club they support.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, scotty said:

FFS when will folk get it into their heads that Colin Weir has  said all along that he will not directly finance PTFC.  He is building a training centre as part of his support for community football and if Thistle don't want to, or can't afford to use it then I'm sure he will be quite happy for it to be used by the Weir Acadamy or even the women's team.

I don't get this attutude of football fans that if someone has money they have a duty to finance the club they support.

Out of likes. Well said

1 hour ago, scotty said:

It appears that they have personally financed the club in a number of not-fully public-ways though? Colin Weir has a stand named after him after all...

The priority of PTFC is the results of the mens first team. This is what the supporter community is based on. I think if many of us won £161 million and were planning on making commitments to Thistle, this would also be our priority.

We should have been comfortably challenging for the league with the resources Archie blew. That is exactly why the Weir's shouldnt and dont throw money at the first team. To even raise this is quite frankly a disgrace. The Weir's are trying to ensure the long term future of the club, not drag incompetent managers out the shite.

• Like 6

lets go down then.  I stated  at the start of my thought process that the Weirs don,t have to make any other committment. Just thought that as things are looking bleak maybe funds already in place could be diverted. Its not about the manager and saving him, Its about the Jags.

20 hours ago, milhouse said:

It appears that they have personally financed the club in a number of not-fully public-ways though? Colin Weir has a stand named after him after all...

The priority of PTFC is the results of the mens first team. This is what the supporter community is based on. I think if many of us won £161 million and were planning on making commitments to Thistle, this would also be our priority.

Why don’t you go talk to the Weirs and persuade them to put money into the club.