Centenary Fund

sandbank boy

47 minutes ago, Paddy Thistle said:

You just contact the club and you can go and collect it during normal office hours

I have several times but they have none available! Also it’s not so easy for some of us to get to the office during the week, so I don’t understand why they can’t be collected at home matches

On 1/1/2019 at 11:23 PM, jaggy said:

Still trying to get the signed ball I won in November draw. How hard is it for a football club to supply a prize of a football?

Some things never change. I won a ball a few years back and after three attempts over a few months, gave up trying to collect it. I was only going to give it to a young Jag at random so hopefully it was used to that effect.

13 hours ago, jaggy said:

I have several times but they have none available! Also it’s not so easy for some of us to get to the office during the week, so I don’t understand why they can’t be collected at home matches

I got an email reply today (more than 6 weeks after the draw!):

The signed football is not ready as of yet.  The players have had a hectic schedule over the last few weeks. I will push to get more signed for you and we will be in touch when the ball is ready.

35 minutes ago, jaggy said:

The signed football is not ready as of yet.  The players have had a hectic schedule over the last few weeks. I will push to get more signed for you and we will be in touch when the ball is ready.

Too hectic to write their names on a football? He's working them hard.

14 hours ago, jaggy said:

I won a ball several years ago. "None available" was the often-repeated reply to every enquiry about collecting it. 

I gave up.

Another long-term donation that I've been thinking of canceling.

7 hours ago, jaggy said:

The signed football is not ready as of yet.  The players have had a hectic schedule over the last few weeks. I will push to get more signed for you and we will be in touch when the ball is ready

I have to say that's a shameful response. Sums up the club at the moment I'm afraid. I'd forward that on to Gerry Britton and tell him to get his finger out his arse.

• Like 2

I know it's a relatively trivial matter in the clusterf*** that is Thistle just now, but how difficult is it to get the players to sign a ball?

The club needs one for a prize every two weeks, so why is it not standard practice to get the signatures at training?

They are at training 5 times a week, and at the game on a Saturday, so how can it be difficult?

I am also pretty sure that it is illegal to entice the public to part with their money with promises of a prize that does not appear to exist.

A small matter, but one that is very easy to fix.

45 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

Mailing a prize like a ball, which always has the same size and weight, should be a matter of course: there should be a stack of flat-pack boxes ready to be assembled each week.

Really believe they shouldn't be dishing out signed balls as a runner up prize in the first place. A more universally acceptable prize might tempt more folk to either buy a 50/50 or purchase an extra ticket.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 11:23 PM, jaggy said:

I got emailed yesterday to say the ball is now ready. I now have to find some time during the working week to go and collect it :no:

26 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I got emailed yesterday to say the ball is now ready. I now have to find some time during the working week to go and collect it :no:

That's a relief. Things are really looking up at the Club. All we need now is for our chairperson to reply to emails from Bowen Boys and Fawlty Towers and we'll be one big happy family once again.

• Haha 1