Give the manager and board a message from the fans

erty13

With so many fans not happy, why do we not give the manager and board a message at the Falkirk game. 

We could have a minutes applause after 10 minutes to show support to Erskine after the strange update and to remind the manager and board not to dismantle everything that is Partick Thistle. 

What are your thoughts. 

• Like 1

I have no desire to join the discussion about the Erskine/Caldwell situation. I'm depressed enough already and find it rather draining.

However, on the specific point about a minutes applause, I would say this.

In order for this to be in any way effective, you need to make sure that everyone in the crowd knows about it. I once arranged a minutes applause at Firhill, in support of a grieving Jags family. It was publicised on here, P&B, social media and in the match day programme. There was also a pre-match announcement. Yet there were still a few people present who didn't know what was going on. I would add that a minutes applause is associated with  marking  respect. It's polite and perhaps not appropriate.

In my opinion singing his name for one minute would be more effective and much more powerful. You would still need to hammer the publicity though, to raise the event above the ordinary.

BB has a point. If I was in an away crowd and the home fans started clapping at a certain time I'd quite possibly join in thinking it was a mark of respect for someone connected to the home club who had passed away,

Btw Erskine received applause and a wee chant up at Tannadice, when he was doing a mid match subs warm up. Just my opinion but mostly the impromptu cheers and/or chants come over the best. 

How about we get this shite to fck. The most important game we have played for a long time and people want to exacerbate an already perilous situation. 

The best thing to do on Saturday is get behind the team? Not give Falkirk an advantage. If you can’t do that stay in the house

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

How about we get this shite to fck. The most important game we have played for a long time and people want to exacerbate an already perilous situation. 

The best thing to do on Saturday is get behind the team? Not give Falkirk an advantage. If you can’t do that stay in the house

Old school

4 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

I have no desire to join the discussion about the Erskine/Caldwell situation. I'm depressed enough already and find it rather draining.

However, on the specific point about a minutes applause, I would say this.

In order for this to be in any way effective, you need to make sure that everyone in the crowd knows about it. I once arranged a minutes applause at Firhill, in support of a grieving Jags family. It was publicised on here, P&B, social media and in the match day programme. There was also a pre-match announcement. Yet there were still a few people present who didn't know what was going on. I would add that a minutes applause is associated with  marking  respect. It's polite and perhaps not appropriate.

In my opinion singing his name for one minute would be more effective and much more powerful. You would still need to hammer the publicity though, to raise the event above the ordinary.

Although I would not like Chris to leave, I do not think a minutes applause is appropriate. Agree with BB that this is normally used to show respect for somebody who has passed away. I think the family BB is taking about is my family. We all appreciated it and although I wasn't at the game we do have a recording of it. Losing Chris is not something many Thistle fans would want to happen, but in no way compares to losing a family member. Since Caldwell changed the dug outs Thistle subs warm up near the goals at the JLstand and whenever they do the crowd at that end of the ground always give a round of applause. Whenever Chris is amongst them there is usually a chorus of 'Erskine,Erskine', I think this would do. Also I agree with the fans who say we should get behind the whole team from the start.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Although I would not like Chris to leave, I do not think a minutes applause is appropriate. Agree with BB that this is normally used to show respect for somebody who has passed away. I think the family BB is taking about is my family. We all appreciated it and although I wasn't at the game we do have a recording of it. Losing Chris is not something many Thistle fans would want to happen, but in no way compares to losing a family member. Since Caldwell changed the dug outs Thistle subs warm up near the goals at the JLstand and whenever they do the crowd at that end of the ground always give a round of applause. Whenever Chris is amongst them there is usually a chorus of 'Erskine,Erskine', I think this would do. Also I agree with the fans who say we should get behind the whole team from the start.

5 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

One of the biggest messages you can give the board is to not turn up. Certainly it is an extremely unpalatable scenario to most fans, but otherwise this bunch of deadbeats won't bat an eyelid.

Ran out of fookin likes again.

Happy to have a pop at chairpeople and managers and even during a game, obviously that's dependant on how that game is going.

Also more than happy to tell Gary or Jaqui or Gerry to their faces this past few months under Gary is unacceptable. Just couldn't get to the recent Q and A. And always in a polite respectful fashion which would be neigh on impossible within a baying crowd outside after the game, won't happen and shouldn't happen. Way too risky in terms of polis and public order etc. ALSO, gary, to be fair, is a big unit and i don't fancy my chances.

Like i say, i'm up for having a pop BUT NOT at this game. This game is way too important and as the two posters say, we need to be behind all of the team uncluding the non playing staff. Not a game for factions and angst!