Falkirk game

dl1971

Just now, AlgarveJag said:

me too with Erskine to score.

.....a hat trick and slide along the turf towards caldwell with two fingers up on one had and one on the other hand. I just know whoever he moves to he'll score against us every time he plays against us

2 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

And Archie, having taken over at Dunfermline inflicts on us a crushing defeat in the third last home game of the season, that sends us down to League 1. On goal difference. Then the Pars win the promotion play offs.

Except  its Stevie Crawford in charge at Dunfermline. Were still paying 2 management teams.

18 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Except  its Stevie Crawford in charge at Dunfermline. Were still paying 2 management teams.

Archie will be replacing Stevie very soon. I heard that from my second cousin once removed who knows a friend of a client who knows the agent of a player who was party to a discussion which he overheard, but cannot be named for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I would take any sort of home win , any scorer as well. Would be great if we won by a few goals. Its Thistle though and we never make it easy. Also think we will need to score at least 2 or 3 as I don't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Zero goals against......from open play with harkins in front of the back two. I'm strangely optimistic

Edited by Guest
Shooking spooling........

Just now, Semi Nurainen said:

Archie will be replacing Stevie very soon. I heard that from my second cousin once removed who knows a friend of a client who knows the agent of a player who was party to a discussion which he overheard, but cannot be named for obvious reasons.

Ran out of ha ha's, great post

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

You really shouldn't make it so obvious who your contact is.

Just hoping Gary doesn't turn his tanker 360 degrees. Think darts and stop at 180.

Don't think anyone has yet posted a team for today.

Given the good first half last week, I suspect that the same team will be given the nod to start. Personally I would take out Storey (after his shocking second half showing following on his first half brilliance) and keep him for pace and/or desperation near the end of the game. I would start Erskine (who I am convinced will give his best and is better working his way into a game from the beginning or at least from half-time, but has rarely worked well as a later "impact substitute"), but I appreciate that others might prefer Cardle. I hope that we keep the more attacking roles for both Bannigan and Slater. Assuming that Saunders is now fully fit and that Harkins can last a bit longer, that might give us flexibility for more dynamic substitutions.

My only concern is as to who makes the tackles in the midfield, but you cannot have everything!

I suspect with a couple of their new signings going to bring them attacking width that they have previously been devoid of, they will probably play a more attacking style than we have seen from them so far this season.

Not sure a narrow diamond will be the best way to combat their offensive width, but then maybe we should just be concerned about the attacking fluidity it brings us! (which it certainly did in the first half last week). In which case, it would be hard to argue against the same team from the first half at Tannadice, playing in the same manner please!

11 minutes ago, jaf said:

I suspect with a couple of their new signings going to bring them attacking width that they have previously been devoid of, they will probably play a more attacking style than we have seen from them so far this season.

Not sure a narrow diamond will be the best way to combat their offensive width, but then maybe we should just be concerned about the attacking fluidity it brings us! (which it certainly did in the first half last week). In which case, it would be hard to argue against the same team from the first half at Tannadice, playing in the same manner please!

I agree , first half last week was good , hopefully he plays the same system, we’ve got to win games and play offensive football but I’ve still got a doubt he’ll resort back to type and go back to 3 5 2