Falkirk game

dl1971

12 hours ago, Emsca said:

Only 7 home games left this season. Jeez, that really emphasises how bad it is!

I am now firmly of the view that he needs to go asap if we are to have any chance of staying in this league. Failure to act now is just going to pro-long the inevitable.

I'm pretty sure this board will NOT act between now and end if the season/ confirmation if relegation, whichever comes first. I'm not even confident he won't be here next seaaon even if we are in the seaside league. Horrendous times.

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Just my tuppence worth regarding Harkins. IMO he deserved to get sent off. Although those fouls don't look as spectacular as the slide-in bone-breakers that we unfortunately see too often, they are almost as bad; stamping on a player's foot from close up where it might just be hard for a referee to spot can cause a lot of damage. If the first one was "soft" (and it wasn't), the second one was sheer stupidity as well as callousness, with the guy facing his own goal going nowhere in the middle of the park.

Can only hope that Harkins isn't losing the plot as well as pace and resorting to thug tactics because the game is passing him by.

Were you at the match Jaggernaut or saw only highlights? I'm not condoning Harkins second tackle as it was stupid at best, but the guy he fouled rolled about in apparent agony and as soon as Dallas got the cards out (which he couldn't wait to do) he was up and jogging forward to an attacking position. As Caldwell said in his interview, Falkirk had a few tackles that were worthy of yellow cards that Dallas decided were ok, yet he seemed to be happy to card our players

5 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Just my tuppence worth regarding Harkins. IMO he deserved to get sent off. Although those fouls don't look as spectacular as the slide-in bone-breakers that we unfortunately see too often, they are almost as bad; stamping on a player's foot from close up where it might just be hard for a referee to spot can cause a lot of damage. If the first one was "soft" (and it wasn't), the second one was sheer stupidity as well as callousness, with the guy facing his own goal going nowhere in the middle of the park.

Can only hope that Harkins isn't losing the plot as well as pace and resorting to thug tactics because the game is passing him by.

Both yellow cards were very soft. If every ref gave cards out like that then there would red cards every week. 

22 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

I'm pretty sure this board will NOT act between now and end if the season/ confirmation if relegation, whichever comes first. I'm not even confident he won't be here next seaaon even if we are in the seaside league. Horrendous times.

i would suggest if we lose the game against QoS then the board would have to act

can't go on like this

7 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

Hard to find who is to blame for the Falkirk goal. The cause of the goal is a 3 v 2 in the area the goal comes from. Can't help but think Harkins would have been there if the red card had not happened. The other question is why did Caldwell not reorganize earlier and take off a striker?

Not defending Caldwell, but the goal was 2 mins after the red card (seemed longer at the time) so did he have time to reshuffle? and even if he did would the players have been organised immediately?

23 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Not defending Caldwell, but the goal was 2 mins after the red card (seemed longer at the time) so did he have time to reshuffle? and even if he did would the players have been organised immediately?

After the sending off, Falkirk made a substitution before we managed to!

3 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I agree with all of this. Such a sad, yet potentially avoidable, predicament. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackpool Jags said:
3 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I agree with all of this. Such a sad, yet potentially avoidable, predicament. 

Also agree but I'm sure by then Jacqui Low will have got our communication up to scratch and we'll be better able to tell everyone how good the training has been that week once we've been gubbed by Edinburgh City.

15 hours ago, jaggy said:

Were you at the match Jaggernaut or saw only highlights? I'm not condoning Harkins second tackle as it was stupid at best, but the guy he fouled rolled about in apparent agony and as soon as Dallas got the cards out (which he couldn't wait to do) he was up and jogging forward to an attacking position. As Caldwell said in his interview, Falkirk had a few tackles that were worthy of yellow cards that Dallas decided were ok, yet he seemed to be happy to card our players

I saw only the highlights. Of course Harkins' victim exaggerated his awful suffering... it's what most players do these days, unfortunately. But Harkins still clearly stood on both players' foot, a foul and a potentially dangerous one.

As for Dallas (and other refs) and their inconsistency..... well we can only shake our heads in disbelief.