Falkirk game

dl1971

11 minutes ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

Dallas is a total joke.

looked a stonewall pen

Falkirk horrible team - mouthing off at every decision, played for a draw, Osman should have had 2 yellows at least.

Their no.11 - a pure cheat, conned dallas several times.

Did I mention Dallas?  does any one do a match report on ref? does anyone read it??

Are you saying GC is right to blame the ref ?

15 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

The usual clutching at straws from this fraud.

Honestly, let's admit it's not worked, fire him and move on.

We are falling faster than Marilyn Monroe's undies.

Plenty of managers do this all the time. Arsene Wenger did it consistently through his career.

Would it have been better management to publicly criticise the player he has just signed for getting sent off?

Couldn’t make it, listened to commentary. Same old story - all the ball, do nothing with it. 

Had the players today to win that, nobody taking responsibility to create it seems. Sounded like Harkins was dealt with harshly, but agree he shouldn’t have been on the pitch with 20 to go on a booking. As soon as him & Bannigan were on a yellow, he should’ve been hooked as Bannigan seemed to be running the game, again. 

We’re not the worst team in the league from what I’ve seen, but results suggest otherwise & we desperately need then hard luck stories to turn into wins. Next two matches HUGE.

The game was awful. Thistle were poor in my opinion. Very ponderous as usual going forward. Yes the sending off did change the flow of the game but to be fair falkirk changed their mindset after we scored. There is a horrible similarity in the way we play and to be honest that's the worst I've seen us under Caldwell at home. It's very much looking like a McLeod/ Clark scenario I'm afraid.

Heard Caldwell’s interview and fair play to the lady reporter for asking him the questions he didn’t want asked but he’ll be fine ( being comfortable being uncomfortable) , psychology nonsense imo 

We’re a sterile team , possession at all costs with little creativity, looked to me today it was 4 4 2 , think we had 1 shot at goal the whole game .

Sometimes when you’re playing against a team who sit in you need to play with creative players to take a man on to move their defence about a bit . At this moment we’ve maybe got 2 flair players at the Club , Chris Erskine and young Aiden Fitzpatrick who have the ability to take a man on and make things happen, for whatever reason it looks like that was Squiddys last game for Partick Thistle and that is an absolute travesty as I believe with the right manager Chris Erskine has a lot more to offer PTFC

Part of the fabric of PTFC died tonight with Erskine’s last game for us , hopefully Gary Caldwell won’t be too far behind .

2 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Plenty of managers do this all the time. Arsene Wenger did it consistently through his career.

Would it have been better management to publicly criticise the player he has just signed for getting sent off?

There are a few points here.

1. There's a reason Gary Caldwell isn't close to Arsene Wenger. They aren't even close in the alphabet.

2. From what I've been told by those who were present, Harkins was on a yellow and labouring. If that's true, it should have been addressed by the manager before the referee had the opportunity to bin him.

3. I agree that public criticism of players is not acceptable. However, by now the least Gary Caldwell could do is to park his ego and admit that he is finding this job more difficult than he thought it would be. By doing so he could buy a little bit more goodwill with the support. I'll leave you to decide whether his current strategy is winning people over.

terrible game to watch

listened to GC on the radio, blaming the ref

this is all archie mark 2

plenty of possession, square passing across the park, no direct penetration through the middle

far too slow getting the ball into the danger zone giving falkirk plenty of time to get organised at the back

and PLEASE somebody out there in jaggyland tell me why we signed a 34 yearold and gave him a 18 month contract

• Like 1

Just now, Dark Passenger said:

Why? Was he poor when he came on or do you know something we don't?

And spare me the 'Fitzpatrick as saviour' stuff. The lad's clearly not ready for a sustained run in the first XI.

Chris Erskine came over at the end and waved goodbye to the fans , going to Ayr United I think, Didn’t mention young Aiden as been saviour , no idea where you got that from, I said he was one of the two flair players at Club and he’s still learning his trade .

Very poor first half. Biggest chear was when Osman went down after a tackle and took a while to get up. We improved the second half,scored and then Harkins is sent off. They equalise, even though we were down to 10 felt we held on okay. Still think we are going down if Caldwell is kept in charge. Heard his interview on radio, when he channelled his inner Mourinho, when he blamed ref. I felt he should have subbed Harkins or Bannigan as the second half went on.

8 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Chris Erskine came over at the end and waved goodbye to the fans , going to Ayr United I think.

So you don't know?

I've posted the version of the story I heard already: the manager's told Chris that he sees him as a squad player currently and it's up to him to decide if that's good enough. If Chris leaves Thistle to sit on the bench at another club then that's on him. He won't have been 'forced out'.