Falkirk game

dl1971

Already posted my thoughts on first half. Second half we began more on the front foot and it was a good series of attacks that led to the goal which was a fine finish by Spittal.

Had chances to go 2 ahead not taken.  Soft but avoidable sending off for Harkins, and Falkirk then scored very quickly. We were reasonably comfortable after that.

Banzo and Elliott were the 2 stand out players.

7 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

terrible game to watch

listened to GC on the radio, blaming the ref

this is all archie mark 2

plenty of possession, square passing across the park, no direct penetration through the middle

far too slow getting the ball into the danger zone giving falkirk plenty of time to get organised at the back

and PLEASE somebody out there in jaggyland tell me why we signed a 34 yearold and gave him a 18 month contract

Spot on summary. Dallas was mince but so was Harkins and he should have been hooked off before he was sent off. Then when he was and Falkirk scored, GC was clueless and faffed about before making any changes. Doolan has been a great servant but how can GC not see that he is done or at least should just be used from the bench.  Thought Slater and Penruce were poor,  Saunders looked good and Elliot is playing better and should be getting credit considering the stick he got earlier in the season. There is hope, but it's running out fast and GC is not the answer. Look at the jobs Goodwin and Naysmith are doing in this Division with limited resources. We are seriously in the soup. 

From the JHS it looked like we were denied a stonewall penalty, a clear barge.  Pretty naïve by Caldwell re the sending off, Harkins should have been subbed long before the red card as his contribution had dwindled and he was on a yellow. Dallas was incredibly inconsistent . I cannot understand why he did not book at least 3 other Falkirk players either for fouls or dissent.  The BBC stats indicate considerably more fouls committed by Falkirk and yet we are the team reduced to 10 men.

Osman looks a very poor signing by Falkirk.

Caldwell will no doubt use the sending off as a shield for another week. We must be the worst team in the country for having so much possession yet doing so little with it. Their keeper had very little to do yet  they are in 9th position. 

15 league games to go and we are 7 points behind part time Alloa in 8th position. Our points gained and feeble goals scored suggest we are not going to catch them. The sooner Caldwell accepts he is in a relegation dog fight and dumps the “we will be fine” nonsense the better. Delusional.

To be honest I’ve been very ill for a large part of the last 2/3 months and have actually managed to see only the Morton game at Firhill. Listening to the games on the Jagzone is only slightly less painful than being patronised by the likes of Chick Dung and co.

Probably, because Michael and Christopher are Jags first and foremost their pain diffuses to us slightly quicker than the usual inanity from Pacific Quay etc. I honestly couldn’t listen to the entire 90 minutes for fear of losing what little sanity I have.

In my over forty years of supporting Thistle I can almost smell the script of failure so clearly that I don’t have to actually see it. And I make no claim whatsoever for some kind of gift of clairvoyance when I say a Muppet could have predicted just how that game would go.

Thistle dominate possession and can’t convert this into goals- goodness the script was written in big red and  yellow letters for anyone , but apparently GC to see. The minute Harkins was booked I was shouting at my iPad for him to be hooked. Unfortunately, my tablet isn’t our manager and the game unravelled as most of us should have expected.

Where do we only to from here to totally I haven’t a fcuking clue, but where I to be totally honest only an optimist would be confident that we’ll be playing Championship football next season.

3 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

So you don't know?

I've posted the version of the story I heard already: the manager's told Chris that he sees him as a squad player currently and it's up to him to decide if that's good enough. If Chris leaves Thistle to sit on the bench at another club then that's on him. He won't have been 'forced out'.

That’s not how things have went at all , disagreement last Tuesday at Training when Chris Erskine was told he would be used sparingly and if he wanted to find another Club he was free to do so. Is that not kind of being forced out ?

Only my opinion, but it’s to free up a wage because nobody else wants the deadwood within the Club , Brice , Mtumbo, Lennox , Keown etc and the Board either don’t have the funds to pay them off or are waiting for other clubs to come in for them which I doubt will happen.

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

That’s not how things have went at all , disagreement last Tuesday at Training when Chris Erskine was told he would be used sparingly and if he wanted to find another Club he was free to do so. Is that not kind of being forced out ?

Only my opinion, but it’s to free up a wage because nobody else wants the deadwood within the Club , Brice , Mtumbo, Lennox , Keown etc and the Board either don’t have the funds to pay them off or are waiting for other clubs to come in for them which I doubt will happen.

Erskine is getting game time most weeks

Edited by javeajag

4 minutes ago, Graysie said:

Spot on summary. Dallas was mince but so was Harkins and he should have been hooked off before he was sent off. Then when he was and Falkirk scored, GC was clueless and faffed about before making any changes. Doolan has been a great servant but how can GC not see that he is done or at least should just be used from the bench.  Thought Slater and Penruce were poor,  Saunders looked good and Elliot is playing better and should be getting credit considering the stick he got earlier in the season. There is hope, but it's running out fast and GC is not the answer. Look at the jobs Goodwin and Naysmith are doing in this Division with limited resources. We are seriously in the soup. 

if you have access to jagzone and listen to doolan and last year to erskine and lawless interviews all of the opinion we should be playing through the middle rather than wait for the perfect cross that never comes

we overdo the passing/possession  football at firhill

opposing managers know this and will sit back and then hit us on the break

we sit there and watch it week after week but nothing changes

am i wrong ?

13 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

That’s not how things have went at all , disagreement last Tuesday at Training when Chris Erskine was told he would be used sparingly and if he wanted to find another Club he was free to do so.

So he's been told he's a squad player currently and that he's free to explore his options if that doesn't sit well with him? That tallies with the version I heard. The only difference is that he was told this prior to last weekend's game and it wasn't the result of any bust up.

And to answer your question, no, I don't think that's an example of a player being forced out.

Edited by Dark Passenger

2 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

So he's been told he's a squad player currently and that he's free to explore his options if that doesn't sit well with him? That tallies with the version I heard. The only difference is that he was told this prior to last weekend's game and it wasn't the result of any bust up.

And to answer your question, no, I don't think that's an example of a player being forced out.

Agree to differ on that , if I was Chris Erskine I would have sat tight , there is no chance Caldwell is turning this around and I’m sure he’ll be gone soon.

13 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

To be honest I’ve been very ill for a large part of the last 2/3 months and have actually managed to see only the Morton game at Firhill. Listening to the games on the Jagzone is only slightly less painful than being patronised by the likes of Chick Dung and co.

Probably, because Michael and Christopher are Jags first and foremost their pain diffuses to us slightly quicker than the usual inanity from Pacific Quay etc. I honestly couldn’t listen to the entire 90 minutes for fear of losing what little sanity I have.

In my over forty years of supporting Thistle I can almost smell the script of failure so clearly that I don’t have to actually see it. And I make no claim whatsoever for some kind of gift of clairvoyance when I say a Muppet could have predicted just how that game would go.

Thistle dominate possession and can’t convert this into goals- goodness the script was written in big red and  yellow letters for anyone , but apparently GC to see. The minute Harkins was booked I was shouting at my iPad for him to be hooked. Unfortunately, my tablet isn’t our manager and the game unravelled as most of us should have expected.

Where do we only to from here to totally I haven’t a fcuking clue, but where I to be totally honest only an optimist would be confident that we’ll be playing Championship football next season.

hope you are on the mend  miss your posts on here

awra best  :thumbsup2:

Feel sorry for dools. He is just not strong or big enough to play up front on his own. If he doesn’t score he isn’t contributing to the team cause he can’t hold the ball up. We need someone up front who can hold the ball up cause we hardly ever get the ball into feet in the penalty box. The one time we did that today we scored. Caldwell is a waste of space. Incredibly arrogant on the radio interview. It was definitely a second booking for harkins. Caldwell was blaming the ref but needs to look at himself