2 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

the guy we have is a total waste of space

he will definitely take us down

well here we are 

do we punt this loser and bring back archie for the remainder of the season

well ?

desperate times and all that

what do you think ?  :thinking:

Clearly not going to happen. But would we be bottom of the league had we kept Archie? The answer in my opinion is no. That’s not to say he didn’t have to go, but it underlines the catastrophic nature of Caldwell’s appointment. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu
  • Haha 1

Just now, KemoAvdiu said:

Clearly not going to happen. But would we be bottom of the league had we kept Archie? The answer is obviously no. That’s not to say he didn’t have to go, but it underlines the catastrophic nature of Caldwell’s appointment. 

that's my point, we are in deep s***  GC has got to go now

1 minute ago, allyo said:

No. Archie is in the past. I'll always appreciate what he did for Thistle as a player and manager but his time was up. Time for Thistle and Archie to move on.

The poor managerial appointment doesnt change anything in relation to Alan Archibald.

so what do we do stick with this guy or what

5 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

so what do we do stick with this guy or what

I don't know the finances. If we could punt Caldwell today then I would. I wouldn't replace him with Alan Archibald.

If it was a straight choice and there were no other options I'd stick with Caldwell over bringing back Alan Archibald.

1 minute ago, allyo said:

I don't know the finances. If we could punt Caldwell today then I would. I wouldn't replace him with Alan Archibald.

If it was a straight choice and there were no other options I'd stick with Caldwell over bringing back Alan Archibald.

you were at the game today?, if this continues we are going down

Stick or twist? I've been watching the Netflix series on Sunderland which is spookily similar to our fall from grace....especially if we go down again. Sunderland had about 6 managers in two years. Even Chris coleman couldn't stop the rot. Sunderland had finance to change the manager often. We don't. My honest answer is I have no idea what's best.

22 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Why would we bring back the guy who has been integral in where we find ourselves by squandering the playing budget on complete duds??

Not advocating bringing him back, but he obviously hasn’t squandered the playing budget as Caldwell has been given more ? Maybe if the board had loosened those purse strings at the start of the season we would have had better quality players

• Haha 1

Assuming he is sacked I seriously doubt we can attract another manager currently  employed e.g. Goodwin, Lennon, take your pick.. they might look at us and think we’re doomed or the likes of Goodwin May  have loftier ambitions.. So it’s somebody out of work.... like Hughes etc and likely to be to the end of the season only...  Whatever way you look at this we’re really in a mess with no reason to believe the board won’t make a third mistake in one season 

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Not advocating bringing him back, but he obviously hasn’t squandered the playing budget as Caldwell has been given more ? Maybe if the board had loosened those purse strings at the start of the season we would have had better quality players

Going by Archibald’s record of transfer dealings, I highly doubt it.

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Bring back Archie? Have people forgot we are still lumbered with duds like bell who he chose to give 2 year deals too and had a terrible transfer record. If we go double relegation Archie has played his part as well as Caldwell.

the answer is not Caldwell, Archie or Doolan and erskine. 

100% correct. GC has to go and we need someone in within the next 2 weeks who can increase our chances of avoiding relegation.

I would go for Goodwin even if he still wants to stay part-time. I think he would improve us and if he left Alloa it effects their chances.

Whoever it is it has been within the next week that way they have the cup game to experiment and a couple of weeks in the transfer window to work in

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

the guy we have is a total waste of space

he will definitely take us down

well here we are 

do we punt this loser and bring back archie for the remainder of the season

well ?

desperate times and all that

what do you think ?  :thinking:

We should do what you said back in October WW.

We should hire Jim Goodwin.

33 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

So is signing Mutumbo, bell, storer, quitongo, Brice etc etc making good use of the playing budget? Someone said keown is our most expensive player - is that good use of money? I would actually say Saunders is an upgrade on the other defenders and hazard an upgrade on bell and at this stage of his career sneddon (who istill rate but has cost us goals)

20 minutes ago, laukat said:

100% correct. GC has to go and we need someone in within the next 2 weeks who can increase our chances of avoiding relegation.

I would go for Goodwin even if he still wants to stay part-time. I think he would improve us and if he left Alloa it effects their chances.

Whoever it is it has been within the next week that way they have the cup game to experiment and a couple of weeks in the transfer window to work in

I agree Goodwin- but now I fear we have left it too late- Alloa look to be moving every week closer to safety while we seem to be progressing further towards relegation.  

i do believe the board owe the fans big time for the mess of the last couple of years and really need to pull out all the stops to get him including financially- they will probably say can’t afford but in one move we would have seriously weakened Alloa and given us our best shot at avoiding relegation. The financial price for going down would far outweigh any money spent on getting Goodwin in 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

So is signing Mutumbo, bell, storer, quitongo, Brice etc etc making good use of the playing budget? Someone said keown is our most expensive player - is that good use of money? I would actually say Saunders is an upgrade on the other defenders and hazard an upgrade on bell and at this stage of his career sneddon (who istill rate but has cost us goals)

i'm with you on this TL couldn't believe the quality ??  of player that was signed, and of course oor gary goes and signs gary H on an 18 month contract

someone at firhill HQ has got to get a grip on this now 

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I was speculating that if we had a bigger budget at the start of the season we might have had a better quality squad. Today was the 1st time I have seen the new players. Saunders was ok, but tired towards the end. Hazard wasn’t great at the goal and spilled another shot later. Had nothing to do other than that. Not convinced he is better than Sneddon

3 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I was speculating that if we had a bigger budget at the start of the season we might have had a better quality squad. Today was the 1st time I have seen the new players. Saunders was ok, but tired towards the end. Hazard wasn’t great at the goal and spilled another shot later. Had nothing to do other than that. Not convinced he is better than Sneddon

We had a bigger budget than any team bar Dundee United and Ross County. Completely dwarfed the likes of Ayr and Alloa yet look at the players they signed in comparison to the ones we signed