let's think the unthinkable

watties wallies

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

No folk are delusional thinking we would not be where we are if Archie was still here! It is his shite that got us there. Caldwells new players have got us a decent point at Utd and if not for some bad luck (ie no penalty and the soft red card) we would have won today.

I love this whataboutery . we had 1 shot on target in 90 minutes  at home against the 2nd bottom team. 

1 minute ago, Z88 said:

I love this whataboutery . we had 1 shot on target in 90 minutes  at home against the 2nd bottom team. 

It is all whataboutery until it happens but i ain't writing us off just yet, we have almost 3 weeks left of the window so let's see what happens

9 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

No folk are delusional thinking we would not be where we are if Archie was still here! It is his shite that got us there. Caldwells new players have got us a decent point at Utd and if not for some bad luck (ie no penalty and the soft red card) we would have won today.

Archie had to go as he didn't get a team together that could challenge for promotion. We weren't in real danger of relagation when he left.

Caldwell needs to go as he's taken a team that were 8th to the bottom of the league. A remarkable achievement when you conisder the team who was 9th at that point is a part-time team and is now 7 points better than us.

Performances do not matter, being unlucky does not matter we need points and he is unable to get them.

Its hard to pass judgement as he's had to deal with all the Assh*l*s that the last clown signed. Only thistle would trawl the depths and  find another Archibald. Archibald without any shadow of a doubt should have been shown the door after the Livingston game. We are here BECAUSE of Archibald, a blind man could see this coming. If Caldwell turns into another Archibald then he should be stoned and hit with big sticks, as should anyone who ever speaks the name of Archibald again. On a lighter note...................................................

4 hours ago, allyo said:

I don't know the finances. If we could punt Caldwell today then I would. 

Caldud was appointed on 15th Oct.

IF there is a 3 month probationary period clause in his contract, then there is less than 48 hours to activate it.

If there isn't such a clause or he isn't emptied by Monday night, then the person currently playing horrendously at being chairman should be made to walk on the same day that caldud is inevitably binned.

• Like 1

I've come to accept that Caldwell is here until at least the end of the season. Also that he will take us down automatically. Dark days ahead of visiting the likes of Edinburgh City and East Fife. The speed we have fallen is an utter scandal. Total mismanagement from top to bottom. Our club is in real danger of being back in the wilderness for years.

7 hours ago, north stander said:

Caldud was appointed on 15th Oct.

IF there is a 3 month probationary period clause in his contract, then there is less than 48 hours to activate it.

If there isn't such a clause or he isn't emptied by Monday night, then the person currently playing horrendously at being chairman should be made to walk on the same day that caldud is inevitably binned.

Of course there is such a clause. Given his record, anyone taking a chance on Caldwell would insist on it. Wouldn't they...?

9 hours ago, Pinhead said:

let's wait and see....

Based on the current league table, a decent estimate of 8th place would be around 40 points. That's pretty much in line with most seasons.

To reach this target we'll need 24 points from 17 games. That's like 7 wins, 3 draws and 7 defeats. It's not unachievable but it would take a major upturn.

I'm usually pretty patient and in favour of giving people a chance, but my point here is that we're at the stage where avoiding relegation might be a realistic target. In another month or six weeks it might not be. 

None of us know what will happen, and there's no guarantee that a change would solve anything. But on the basis of what we've seen already I just think "wait and see" is a very risky strategy.

9 minutes ago, allyo said:

Based on the current league table, a decent estimate of 8th place would be around 40 points. That's pretty much in line with most seasons.

To reach this target we'll need 24 points from 17 games. That's like 7 wins, 3 draws and 7 defeats. It's not unachievable but it would take a major upturn.

I'm usually pretty patient and in favour of giving people a chance, but my point here is that we're at the stage where avoiding relegation might be a realistic target. In another month or six weeks it might not be. 

None of us know what will happen, and there's no guarantee that a change would solve anything. But on the basis of what we've seen already I just think "wait and see" is a very risky strategy.

Agree with all the points you are making but we only have 15 games left in the season to get to 40 points. We still need 7 wins and 3 draw from 7 home games and 8 away games.

We have had 1 away point all season and with only 7 home games left we need to start winning against QOS in 2 weeks time.

There is no more time to wait. We need to act now or put all our eggs in the basket case that is Caldwell.

• Thanks 1

Let's face it, we're down. There is no Sanity Clause (sorry kids). I'm guessing we have to wait until the end of the season to sack Caldwell because we can only afford to pay two managers at once. Hopefully, at the end of the season, he will do a deal so that we don't have to pay all of his contract off. Hopefully.

Time to get our heads around part-time football on a plastic pitch?

8 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Let's face it, we're down. There is no Sanity Clause (sorry kids). I'm guessing we have to wait until the end of the season to sack Caldwell because we can only afford to pay two managers at once. Hopefully, at the end of the season, he will do a deal so that we don't have to pay all of his contract off. Hopefully.

You starting a rumour that we're selling Firhill and ground-sharing with Hamilton?

23 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

We're not down. We're probably in a two way battle to finish 9th, and then we have a chance. I'm not confident but I'm not giving up and I think in everyone's interest we have to retain some hope.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

We're not down. We're probably in a two way battle to finish 9th, and then we have a chance. I'm not confident but I'm not giving up and I think in everyone's interest we have to retain some hope.

Agree that we have a chance of staying in this league and we shouldn't give up on a chance of avoiding relegation. Only part I would alter is that to have hope we need action.

10 hours ago, allyo said:

This season's win percentage under Archibald was 37% and he got sacked, rightly.

Gary Caldwell's is 8%, with the same squad.

Im not a fan if win percentages as a measure, but it's still pretty damning.

Yep, these are facts. Far from being ‘negative’ about the Jags, it the reality that scares me. We are in a precarious league position with no tangible signs of putting up more of a fight.

15 minutes ago, allyo said:

I think many Jags fans used up all their optimism on last season's play-offs.

Next week's game against Stranraer in the Cup is a chance to bring about change. I don't believe any of the fans are naive enought to suggest that we should priortise everything to keep our league place and therefore the result doesn't really matter.

So next week we have a chance to make our feelings known in a way that may force the board to act with minimal effect to our relegation battle. We desperately as a club need real leadership and something to rally around. If the board and the management are unable to provide it are the fans willing to?