let's think the unthinkable

watties wallies

4 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I was speculating that if we had a bigger budget at the start of the season we might have had a better quality squad. Today was the 1st time I have seen the new players. Saunders was ok, but tired towards the end. Hazard wasn’t great at the goal and spilled another shot later. Had nothing to do other than that. Not convinced he is better than Sneddon

I thought hazard had a cracking save in the first half that sneddon would have struggled with And bell definitely would not have made 

7 minutes ago, Paukea said:

5763CA88-632C-4FA0-9AFB-C36F8197FC41.thumb.png.6500124d2db5877b85a2790bc4410c5c.png

This seems to me like he’s not being picked and if that is the case it’s unforgivable.

we have a team who can’t create and don’t score but yet we have a player with Coulibaly’s ability and he doesn’t even make the squad.

You really are having a laugh Caldwell.

one of our Floodlights should read #Justleave

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

We had a bigger budget than any team bar Dundee United and Ross County. 

That's a fair assumption and I wouldn't imagine it's far from the truth. Just like to point out that you, me, Jacqui Lowe, indeed no one  knows the player budget pecking order. The best anyone can do is have an educated guess. 

19 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

We had a bigger budget than any team bar Dundee United and Ross County. Completely dwarfed the likes of Ayr and Alloa yet look at the players they signed in comparison to the ones we signed 

As Archie suggested in a preseason interview (can't find link) we left recruitment to the last minute. So we may have had the budget but lacked the competence to sign his preferred targets.

2 minutes ago, Z88 said:

As Archie suggested in a preseason interview (can't find link) we left recruitment to the last minute. So we may have had the budget but lacked the competence to sign his preferred targets.

Should Archie and Gerry Britton not have been the ones actively trying to sign these targets though?

Some folk on this thread are delusional! For what it's worth we have played better the last 2 games with GC signings included. We ain't amazing but at Utd that was a good point and bar some amazing saves by their keeper would have won. Today i am sure we would have won if not for the Harkins red card which was soft

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Some folk on this thread are delusional! For what it's worth we have played better the last 2 games with GC signings included. We ain't amazing but at Utd that was a good point and bar some amazing saves by their keeper would have won. Today i am sure we would have won if not for the Harkins red card which was soft

Great news we've played better.  Really makes up for the fact were even further behind Alloa. Happy days .

6 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I've never had you down as someone to make excuses for people.

5 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I don't think people are delusional Pinhead.

We are bottom of the league. Gary Caldwell has form in getting his teams relegated. He is a master of disaster.

Just now, AndyMac said:

I don't think people are delusional Pinhead.

We are bottom of the league. Gary Caldwell has form in getting his teams relegated. He is a master of disaster.

I will judge him come mid february if still in same position with his own players he has signed. Not writing him off just yet. If we still had Archie we would be in the same position.

11 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

I will judge him come mid february if still in same position with his own players he has signed. Not writing him off just yet. If we still had Archie we would be in the same position.

What’s Wednesday’s lottery numbers? I only ask because you seem quite certain about events that haven’t happened.

would have won last week

would have won today 

would still be in the same position

Speculative shite and nothing more.

I will judge him come mid february if still in same position with his own players he has signed. Not writing him off just yet.

Fair enough Pinhead.

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

If we still had Archie we would be in the same position.

Agree to disagree on this one.

a) You have no evidence of that (and early season results didn't suggest it)

b) Alan Archibald was sacked because the situation was not acceptable

4 minutes ago, ClydebankJag said:

What’s Wednesday’s lottery numbers? I only ask because you seem quite certain about events that haven’t happened.

would have won last week

would have won today 

would still be in the same position

Speculative shite and nothing more.

Just as speculative as others saying we wouldn't be in this position with Archie or saying GC will fail

16 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Nearly choked on my pint when I read this.

We're bottom of the championship and probably at best now hoping for a playoff spot and everyone is is 'delusional' for believing that its not good enough?

Waiting to mid-february in a league that finishes at the end of April is a hell of a gamble. We're going down if we don't act now.

Just now, laukat said:

Nearly choked on my pint when I read this.

We're bottom of the championship and probably at best now hoping for a playoff spot and everyone is is 'delusional' for believing that its not good enough?

Waiting to mid-february in a league that finishes at the end of April is a hell of a gamble. We're going down if we don't act now.

No folk are delusional thinking we would not be where we are if Archie was still here! It is his shite that got us there. Caldwells new players have got us a decent point at Utd and if not for some bad luck (ie no penalty and the soft red card) we would have won today.