Doolan

avie-man

Hes getting the Archie treatment now, Gets a free ride because of his service to the club, but its not working at all.  Has barely kicked a ball for months, yet folk like Storey because they've always been shite get way more criticism than Dools.

Theres a serious problem with sentimentality at Thistle and its going to cost us two straight relegations at this rate.  We are blatantly happy to carry passengers because they have given good service to the club at one point or another.

• Like 1

Just now, avie-man said:

Hes getting the Archie treatment now, Gets a free ride because of his service to the club, but its not working at all.  Has barely kicked a ball for months, yet folk like Storey because they've always been shite get way more criticism than Dools.

Theres a serious problem with sentimentality at Thistle and its going to cost us two straight relegations at this rate.  We are blatantly happy to carry passengers because they have given good service to the club at one point or another.

take your point avie-man but have a look at jagzone and listen to doolan re our tactics  :thumbsup2:

19 minutes ago, avie-man said:

Think we’ve got more pressing stuff going on just now , especially with a clown of a manager, how many chances did we create today ? , how many times did the midfield join up with the attack, even get beyond the attackers .

Do you think Conor Sammon is the answer ? , Doolan was poor today , did fine last week when the team attacked , no creativity in the team , missing Lawless and Erskine creating chances .

Doolans  game was never about out jumping 6 foot centre halves , it’s key that Miles Storey isn’t scoring either .

Doolan and Storey are never a partnership, when did you see Storey play a 1 - 2 with anyone.

You could play anyone up front just now and they wouldn’t score either , we are where are just now because we’re a bad team , tell me the last time there was a 20 goal a season striker in a team rooted to the bottom of the league.

Edited by jlsarmy

I'd be interested to know, avie-man, any incident today where Doolan squandered a clear cut scoring opportunity. Thought he might have got his head to a cross from the right early on but there was little chance of him directing the ball on target even if he did.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

13 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Think we’ve got more pressing stuff going on just now , especially with a clown of a manager, how many chances did we create today ? , how many times did the midfield join up with the attack, even get beyond the attackers .

Do you think Conor Sammon is the answer ? , Doolan was poor today , did fine last week when the team attacked , no creativity in the team , missing Lawless and Erskine creating chances .

Doolans  game was never about out jumping 6 foot centre halves , it’s key that Miles Storey isn’t scoring either .

Doolan and Storey are never a partnership, when did you see Storey play a 1 - 2 with anyone.

You could play anyone up front just now and they wouldn’t score either , we are where are just now because we’re a bad team , tell me the last time there was a 20 goal a season striker in a team rooted to the bottom of the league.

Doolan did fine last week he should have had 2 goals before he did score but was poor and as for the week before against Morton- awful

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Doolan did fine last week he should have had 2 goals before he did score but was poor and as for the week before against Morton- awful

you know what TL over the wee while i've bitten my lip to reply to comments re doolan

do you have some issue with kris doolan, your posts are so negative against this player 

can you help me with this?:

27 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Doolan barely touched the ball today. He had not one glimmer of a chance. I doubt shankland or dobbie would do much better......as we simply don't get into the box or the by line enough. 

You think shankland and Dobie rely on service? You don’t think they create their own chances. Doolan is not even our top scorer that is someone who is not even a striker. Do you think he has relied on service?  That’s 2 relegations campaigns Doolan is being involved in and he is supposed to be one of the experienced members of the team. 2 managers he has been poor under this season.  He never challenged a poor referee or linesman decision and has offered little leadership skills on the park.  By his standards of previous years he has been dreadful 

as for being singled out that’s nonsense- if Spittal had put in the anonymous performances that Doolan has he would have been hounded out of Firhill 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

you know what TL over the wee while i've bitten my lip to reply to comments re doolan

do you have some issue with kris doolan, your posts are so negative against this player 

can you help me with this?:

I have issues with his performances this season- been dreadful.  He is a legend, a gentleman and rightly deserves a testimonial. As I say issues with him on the pitch this season- not been good enough and in comparison to previous seasons very very disappointing 

if you think his performances have been acceptable this season or he should not be criticised because he is a legend then your entitled to your opinion but one of the reasons we are in this mess is because of a legend who should have been moved on a year ago

Edited by Third Lanark

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I have issues with his performances this season- been dreadful.  He is a legend, a gentleman and rightly deserves a testimonial. As I say issues with him on the pitch this season- not been good enough and in comparison to previous seasons very very disappointing 

if you think his performances have been acceptable this season or he should not be criticised because he is a legend then your entitled to your opinion but one of the reasons we are in this mess is because of a legend who should have been moved on a year ago

hi TL thanks for replying

do you subscribe to jagzone and hear what doolan says about our tactics

25 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

You think shankland and Dobie rely on service? You don’t think they create their own chances. Doolan is not even our top scorer that is someone who is not even a striker. Do you think he has relied on service?  That’s 2 relegations campaigns Doolan is being involved in and he is supposed to be one of the experienced members of the team. 2 managers he has been poor under this season.  He never challenged a poor referee or linesman decision and has offered little leadership skills on the park.  By his standards of previous years he has been dreadful 

as for being singled out that’s nonsense- if Spittal had put in the anonymous performances that Doolan has he would have been hounded out of Firhill 

I’ve seen you make this point about Doolan approximately 382927 times in the last few months. He’s been poor but if you think he’s our major issue you need your head examined. 

Just now, KemoAvdiu said:

I’ve seen you make this point about Doolan approximately 382927 times in the last few months. He’s been poor but if you think he’s our major issue you need your head examined. 

Where did I say he was our major issue? I don’t recall once saying he was our major issue. Maybe you just like making things Up. Il say clearly It’s clearly Caldwell and some of the board that our major issue. A number of the players haven’t helped though

My concern if he is dropped is that a chance will fall in the box to someone else and be squandered. No idea what Roy is like but Storey couldn’t hit the target from 2 centimetres.

I agree that we don’t create chances which is the main problem. But there is truth in the above comment that sometimes strikers have to make their own chances and Kris has not been doing this recently.

A simple solution which seems beyond our manager is to play his pal Erskine FROM THE START who has been a good provider of goals for him.

• Like 1

Exactly. Storey is the first name on the team sheet week in week out. Which is ridiculous. How many goals? How many assists? He got into a good position today having gone past a couple of players and instead of shooting, he tries to go past another couple of players. Later on - complete opposite. Shoots form an impossible angle instead of passing it.

Another failing of the manager.

Erskine and Doolan know each other’s game inside out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, avie-man said:

Doolan is always at his best when others are creating space for him and he can exploit space between the opposition's defence. We have however decided that playing without people that can commit defenders and letting doolan just stoat about is going to work.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

I do subscribe but with new baby etc I haven’t had the chance and part of me feels I can’t be bothered with Caldwell’s excuses etc. What did he say WW?

Hope you don't mind me asking TL. Everything ok with your new baby and do we have a future Jags player for the future?

2 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

My concern if he is dropped is that a chance will fall in the box to someone else and be squandered. No idea what Roy is like but Storey couldn’t hit the target from 2 centimetres.

I agree that we don’t create chances which is the main problem. But there is truth in the above comment that sometimes strikers have to make their own chances and Kris has not been doing this recently.

A simple solution which seems beyond our manager is to play his pal Erskine FROM THE START who has been a good provider of goals for him.

Don’t think that’s going to happen now

So...  

doolan is a penalty box striker I’m guessing maybe none of his goals have been scored from outside the box 

so he depends on either us getting to the byeline or creating chances through padding into the box

if we are honest it’s s long time since we have regularly done either 

but in addition he hasn’t been great