Coulibaly - in case it gets deleted

Paukea

Maybe so but I don’t think Killie fans would agree.

i am also almost certain he’s an improvement on any attacking player we have playing currently.

my guess he’s another like Erskine that Caldwell just doesn’t fancy

surely he’s worth a punt if fit because what we have just now isn’t working 

If he had some sort of surgical procedure you'd think he would need to be cleared by the medical staff to play. So is he just self diagnosing / shit stirring out of frustration or is he genuinely ready? Surprised no one appears to have tagged the club or Caldwell in that twitter exchange. Might prompt an update.

Given the fanfare of the signing and then granting of his registration I'd have expected more regular update on his progress generally. Something seems off anyway.

5 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I wish he was fit to play but he's barely played for 18 months. If he was fit I would expect him to get game time v stranger.

If he hasn't played in 18 months his contribution to the Thistle cause has only been marginally worse than Storey.

If this is true that Coulibaly is fit but not even getting a squad place then Caldwell must surely have lost the plot.

In the short time he played against Alloa away I thought he showed enough ability and and football nous to claim a slot in our team.

I despair at what lies ahead for Thistle, at present we're sleepwalking into the hinterlands of Scottish football. 

If Coulibaly is physically and mentally fit he must play against Stranraer or Caldwell should be shown the door.

2 hours ago, Harrybriscoe said:

If this is true that Coulibaly is fit but not even getting a squad place then Caldwell must surely have lost the plot.

In the short time he played against Alloa away I thought he showed enough ability and and football nous to claim a slot in our team.

I despair at what lies ahead for Thistle, at present we're sleepwalking into the hinterlands of Scottish football. 

If Coulibaly is physically and mentally fit he must play against Stranraer or Caldwell should be shown the door.

He also showed the right character- chasing after the ball each time the ball went out to keep the game going and pressure up.  He essentially doubled up as ballboy, not allowing their ballboys to waste time. He was clearly the most creative player during that time,  even if obviously rusty

I get the impression that Archie's signing policy got pretty desperate after we hit top six. Us humble posters will be unlikely to know the reasons why it was that way.

He brought in some real dross (Craig Slater excepted) last summer.

Out of the lot of them, Coulibaly was the one that was impossible to fathom. We needed people to produce immediately and he brings in a guy who was in legal dispute and hadn't been able to play competitively for a year????

I seem to recall a lot of positive comments about the Coulibaly signing (myself included) and I’m one of the maybe few that are hoping there’s still something there.

I still don’t have a problem with the signing on its face because it was basically a flier - the equivalent of having 5 bucks in your pocket and spending it on a scratch-off lottery ticket.

But the problem for me is our signing policy always feels like this.  Except we have 20 bucks left and we spend it on 20 tickets thinking the law of averages must surely mean 3 or 4 will be winners.

And, excepting Coulibaly, never a striker with any sort of goal scoring record in any league.  As a sell-on kind of club, you’d think we could develop both a training center AND some kind of reasonable scouting program.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

I get the impression that Archie's signing policy got pretty desperate after we hit top six. Us humble posters will be unlikely to know the reasons why it was that way.

He brought in some real dross (Craig Slater excepted) last summer.

Out of the lot of them, Coulibaly was the one that was impossible to fathom. We needed people to produce immediately and he brings in a guy who was in legal dispute and hadn't been able to play competitively for a year????

I agree with you in the main but think that’s slightly overstated. O’Ware was an excellent signing and I also really liked the look of Gordon vs Falkirk in a holding role, right before he got injured. 

Just now, marcia blaine said:

I agree with you in the main but think that’s slightly overstated. O’Ware was an excellent signing and I also really liked the look of Gordon vs Falkirk in a holding role, right before he got injured. 

You are absolutely correct - completely forgot about those two due to their enforced absences.