Stranraer Cup Game

scotty

29 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Must win for me the further we progress the more money gained which will be needed with a double relegation looming. Besides if Falkirk Ross County Inverness and st Mirren can all get to cup finals in recent years then why can’t we

Erm...

Unless Caldwell wants his Tannadice GTF chant amplified tenfold he should be thinking of nothing but getting the strongest possible team on the park and getting this tie won at the first time of asking. Nothing else will be acceptable to me.

All the losers who say they're not bothered about Cups make me sick.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

Unless Caldwell wants his Tannadice GTF chant amplified tenfold he should be thinking of nothing but getting the strongest possible team on the park and getting this tie won at the first time of asking. Nothing else will be acceptable to me.

Stop beating about the bush and say what you mean TJR.:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

He should be thinking about getting the best team on the park every week.  He has never been close to this.

I agree about the Cups. Would be brilliant to have a wee run. Great to escape the drudgery of the league.

11 hours ago, elevenone said:

Think we can win this one however the thought of getting one of the ugly sisters or Aberdeen away in 5th round gives me the fear.

Agree, Getting any "big" club at any stage could sap even more morale from our team. But losing to stranraer would be a new low.

I remember going to their "park" about 2000ish for possibly Lambini's first game back? Horrid road so no replay please

Should feel a bit for Caldwell re this fixture but my inner voice is telling me don't be a complete twat. Having already beaten them under the old faulty regime 5-0 in Stranraer, our new individually tailored fitness regimen, Para/SAS bonded squad,supported with 13 weeks of very good training really need to skoosh this game by at least a six goal margin at the very least.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Firstly a much needed win here as cup run could lift a bit of the doom so every respect must be given to Stranraer.  Would like to see a more basic/traditional 4-4-2 line up here.  My starting 11.

Hazard/Sneddon

Elliot Saunders McGinty Penrice

Spittal  Bannigan  Harkins  Fitzpatrick

Doolan  Roy or Mansell?

Slater on for Harkins when he tires (prob hour mark) and Cardle off the bench too to replace either Fitzpatrick or Spittal.  Up front both Roy and Mansell are unknown quantities so maybe give them a half each to see how they look partnering Dools.