Squid

Paukea

All the very best to Chris.

His goals against Falkirk and Airdrie at Firhill in the promotion season are two of the best I've ever seen, and his clincher at Falkirk when we won the league  was one of the happiest moments. My daughter was there that day too. Stuff that real, lifelong memeries are made of (sorry, I'm getting sentimental).

He was so Thistle. Committed to the cause but also with a style that suited us perfectly. I never saw Denis McQuade (and I'm reluctant to mention him as people will always dismiss comparisons). I just know that in Chris, I felt I had my own era's version.

Lovely guy too, apparently. And the saddest thing to is that regardless of how much of a shthole Livingstone might be, I doubt he'll want to come home this time.

Thistle legend.

6 minutes ago, allyo said:

His goals against Falkirk and Airdrie at Firhill in the promotion season are two of the best I've ever seen, and his clincher at Falkirk when we won the league  was one of the happiest moments. My daughter was there that day too. Stuff that real, lifelong memeries are made of (sorry, I'm getting sentimental).

He was so Thistle. Committed to the cause but also with a style that suited us perfectly. I never saw Denis McQuade (and I'm reluctant to mention him as people will always dismiss comparisons). I just know that in Chris, I felt I had my own era's version.

Lovely guy too, apparently. And the saddest thing to is that regardless of how much of a shthole Livingstone might be, I doubt he'll want to come home this time.

Thistle legend.

Great, very apposite post.

30 minutes ago, allyo said:

Thistle legend.

This 

You have to wonder what the hell is going on when a player of Chris Erskine's obvious talent and commitment to the club are surplus to requirements. Particularly as we appear to be on course for successive relegations. 

I dare say he's not at the height of his powers but he remains a different level to several players regularly picked ahead of him. We are well and truly ******. 

Good luck Chris. 

• Like 1

It speaks volumes about Cauld Kale's ability as a manager that a man who could only get a place on the bench with us gets snapped up by an SPL outfit.

I'd love to have seen that Power Point slide where he analysed all the player's abilities: would have been funnier than Viz, but not consciously.

What an @rsehole. Possibly the biggest tosser we've ever had, including the Bunnet.

Pretty much on the point of not going back to a game while he's still here.

Did I mention  CALDWELL was an @RSEHOLE? If not then I'm saying it now, he's an @rsehole, and an incompetent one. But the real culprit is the person who employed him, let's not forget that. Fish rots form it's head, and that board is pretty rotten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, allyo said:

He was so Thistle. Committed to the cause but also with a style that suited us perfectly. 

I would not have released Erskine, but this is cuddly toy pish. The only "style" of player I want at Thistle is that which wins football matches, in any possible way.

8 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

It speaks volumes about Cauld Kale's ability as a manager that a man who could only get a place on the bench with us gets snapped up by an SPL outfit.

I'd love to have seen that Power Point slide where he analysed all the player's abilities: would have been funnier than Viz, but not consciously.

What an @rsehole. Possibly the biggest tosser we've ever had, including the Bunnet.

Pretty much on the point of not going back to a game while he's still here.

Did I mention  CALDWELL was an @RSEHOLE? If not then I'm saying it now, he's an @rsehole, and an incompetent one. But the real culprit is the person who employed him, let's not forget that. Fish rots form it's head, and that board is pretty rotten.

Agree.

9 minutes ago, milhouse said:

I would not have released Erskine, but this is cuddly toy pish. The only "style" of player I want at Thistle is that which wins football matches, in any possible way.

We also need a manager who can win matches. Caldwells record at Chesterfield and now Thistle would suggest he is not that man.

5 minutes ago, milhouse said:

You don't think he won us football matches? 

Anyway, I want to enjoy football. Chris Eskine enhanced my enjoyment of football. I'm not all that sorry if this offends you.

Thanks for the memories on the park but also of it. Chris and Callum(Booth) visited my son Robert when he was in hospital. It was a surprise visit and when the 2 players went into Roberts bed space his face just lit up with a great big smile. Both players spent over an hour talking to Robert, my wife and myself, they also brought an autographed ball for Robert. Robert died  about 4 months later. My wife and I will never forget both players for what they did.:fan::worship:

• Like 11