Squid

Paukea

so odd to see Chris in a Livingston strip!  I think it would be worthwhile us sending a message to the Livingston management they have Chris on loan for 18 months only, as we have bigger plans for him back at Firhill in a few years.

At least he will get some good coaching tips from the guys at Livvi, I doubt if he learned much from GC

14 minutes ago, sandy said:

Most Thistle fans will always be grateful for the creativity & contribution that Erskine brought to the team. 

I'd say all Thistle fans are. That doesn't prevent us discussing the circumstances surrounding his departure, particularly when Chris is happy to talk to the press about it.

His leaving was simply more grist to the mill for people like you who've completely given up on the current manager.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

I'd say all Thistle fans are. That doesn't prevent us discussing the circumstances surrounding his departure, particularly when Chris is happy to talk to the press about it.

His leaving was simply more grist to the mill for people like you who've completely given up on the current manager.

Who is preventing any discussion?

Our current manager did not have a good record at his last club. He has achieved fewer points at Thistle despite his player homework. He has to prove his worth.

• Like 1

Dear God, enough already. For all the magic moments he's given Thistle fans over the years, he's done next to nothing in the past year. Has everyone forgotten he was an integral part of the squad that got us relegated? He'll always have a special place in the affections of Thistle fans because he supports the club, just like us, but he's not the first favourite player to leave and he won't be the last. Anyone see him come on as substitute for Livi against Hearts? He was rotten. Exactly as he has been for us in recent months. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

Erskine featured in just over 90% of Archie's squads this season. He featured in just over 90% of Caldwell's.

He started half of the games Archie managed. His starts were limited to 16% of the games that Caldwell managed, but he featured as a sub in 60% of those games. So he made an appearance in three quarters of the games Caldwell managed.

He was excluded from one of Archie's squads. He was excluded from two of Caldwell's. He didn't make it off the bench twice under Caldwell.

He might have enjoyed fewer starts under Caldwell, but it doesn't look like he was snubbed, as The Scotsman article states. It also contradicts Chris's claim that Caldwell "never played me".

It does tally with what I heard, however: that Chris was told that he was a squad player and would feature more often than not as a sub. He didn't agree with that and left. 

So, unless anyone wants to chuck in one of the "grenades" they're holding, I would suggest that Chris still had a part to play at Thistle, but decided to go elsewhere.

I'll not argue with the sentiment of this post. My point is that Caldwell is a c@ck of a manager and any manager worth his salt would see Chris' s value to the club as a whole and would have better managed the player and his expectations and kept him at the club.

He' not been at his best for a while now, no arguement, but he IS needed at our club for more than just his playing skills as many have provided on this thread. He was, imho, the ONLY player capable of coming on and changing a game we currently had.

This whole situation underlines gary caldwells limitations as a manager and the horrendously poor decision making at my club just now. Fooooooookin ragin

All the best chris. LEGEND dibble. Fookun LEGEND, open your eyes

Edited by Guest

Just now, Dark Passenger said:

You're response suggested that his years of service at the club mean his take on circumstances is unquestionable and that anyone who does take an alternative view is unappreciative of his on-pitch contribution.

No, that was an implication you took. Those are your words, not mine.

19 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

so odd to see Chris in a Livingston strip!  I think it would be worthwhile us sending a message to the Livingston management they have Chris on loan for 18 months only, as we have bigger plans for him back at Firhill in a few years.

Like being young and seeing an ex girlfriend out in the town with a new bloke.

"Hi, nice to see you.  Nice to meet you. Yeah I'm doing great. Great, yeah, yeah ok bye"

<I need to get out of here. Head like a washing machine on spin cycle. Exit. Where is the exit? Don't rush. Did I brong a jacket?>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I'll not argue with the sentiment of this post. My point is that Caldwell is a c@ck of a manager and any manager worth his salt would see Chris' s value to the club as a whole and would have better managed the player and his expectations and kept him at the club.

He' not been at his best for a while now, no arguement, but he IS needed at our club for more than just his playing skills as many have provided on this thread. He was, imho, the ONLY player capable of coming on and changing a game we currently had.

This whole situation underlines gary caldwells limitations as a manager and the horrendously poor decision making at my club just now. Fooooooookin ragin

All the best chris. LEGEND dibble. Fookun LEGEND, open your eyes

I thought Gary Harkins changed the game when he came on on Saturday

Erskinho was howling today v Sevco.

Played wide left and probably touched the ball ten times during his 80 minutes on the park.

Maybe not the best game to make a judgement on him, but sadly he made Tavernier look like Cafu.

Lawless was busy as always - seemed to be doing most of his work central right, which is certainly not where Archie ever played him.

51 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Erskinho was howling today v Sevco.

Played wide left and probably touched the ball ten times during his 80 minutes on the park.

Maybe not the best game to make a judgement on him, but sadly he made Tavernier look like Cafu.

Lawless was busy as always - seemed to be doing most of his work central right, which is certainly not where Archie ever played him.

He wasn’t howling, he worked his bollocks off to curb the threat of Tavernier and Candeais , unfamiliar role but a necessary one for the team 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...