Boycott Stranraer Game?

Lambies Lost Doo

Never thought I would propose this.  I'm a season ticket holder.  Mild mannered.  Happy clapper.  Never boo and shout encouragement.  Need a real protest.  Boycott the cup game.

Caldwell has to go.

One of our best players has went from bottom of chamionship to top 6 premiership team.  Illogical.

Relegation must be avoided.

Need to send a message.

To a sense a lot of people have been boycotting a while with falling attendances and it does not seem to have had the desired effect so I’m more with the more vocal/seen protest during matches.  Sort of display the young team arranged at Ibrox or in North Stand before only with different message.  I’d happily contribute to that.

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

They won’t care if people boycott it.

Better to attend and protest during the game.

They don’t give a toss as long as we keep paying. 

Boycot it and all payments to club till Caldwell and the chair go.

Protest outside, watch from canal, but by funding them your supporting them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Never thought I would propose this.  I'm a season ticket holder.  Mild mannered.  Happy clapper.  Never boo and shout encouragement.  Need a real protest.  Boycott the cup game.

Caldwell has to go.

One of our best players has went from bottom of chamionship to top 6 premiership team.  Illogical.

Relegation must be avoided.

Need to send a message.

I am not unsympathetic to how you feel, but a boycott is only going to damage the club even more. We as Thistle fans, health withstanding, will be at Firhill long after most or all of these people that have made a mess of our club are gone. :fan:

Just an idea .why don't we all boycott the J.H.S. and all fill the J.L.S.... We all get to see the game   shout as much abuse at Caldwell as we can ..I think it could make more of a statement rather than pockets of us sitting in the J.H.S..mumbling away... Hope to see you all there from 2.30...onwards...Mon the Jags...

Did not think I would be reading never mind posting in a thread about boycotting a Thistle game.

Just a few points:

A boycott might not be that noticeable given it is a non season ticket cup tie in mid January.

It is a bit harsh on Stranraer as the gate receipts would be shared.

A larger crowd making whatever point they choose to make (within reason of course) would have more impact.

Those who know me would probably say I could be classed as a "happy clapper" - well I am not happy or clapping at the moment!

8 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Did not think I would be reading never mind posting in a thread about boycotting a Thistle game.

Just a few points:

A boycott might not be that noticeable given it is a non season ticket cup tie in mid January.

It is a bit harsh on Stranraer as the gate receipts would be shared.

A larger crowd making whatever point they choose to make (within reason of course) would have more impact.

Those who know me would probably say I could be classed as a "happy clapper" - well I am not happy or clapping at the moment!

Yes Martin,i have noticed,lol.

The fact that our directors box and the home dugouts have been located in a stand that is normally filled with away fans, has deflected the general feeling of annoyance and anger that the jags fan are feeling at the moment.

I have always thought that this contributed to the slow lack of action by the board during Archie's tenure, and it now continues with Caldwell.

When we lost away to East Fife and it got a bit hostile, both Archie and the board were visibly rattled!

Why do we not pack out the Aitken Suite on Saturday and again the following week, for a rousing chorus of 'Sack the Board' and 'Caldwell must go'.

The board would certainly here as the boardroom is only through the foyer!

On 1/15/2019 at 5:34 PM, elevenone said:

To a sense a lot of people have been boycotting a while with falling attendances and it does not seem to have had the desired effect so I’m more with the more vocal/seen protest during matches.  Sort of display the young team arranged at Ibrox or in North Stand before only with different message.  I’d happily contribute to that.

It is hard to say the attendances have been falling away, as I think the last 2 home games have been quite a bit higher than earlier in the season

This thread is a shambles. Absolute Thistle Da's on one. "Let's come up with a boycott plan on a forum that about 20 people read." If you really want to voice your opinion, it's as simple as going into the JLS, standing at the back and chanting sack the board...i'm sure it'll catch on. 

• Like 1