Boycott Stranraer Game?

Lambies Lost Doo

49 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

As already said a few chants of Erskine and also Doolan, while he was warming up. As I left the JL stand heard 1 person shout Caldwell GTF. But that was all.Crowd announced as just over  2,200 so not as bad as some thought.

More than was at the game vs Alloa.

Doesnt seem to me there is much appetite for a boycott by most supporters or maybe as someone said early on it needs to be publicised more widely

There would be  no strong vocal or visual protest present at the match today .This I predicted to my good lady before entering the ground .  It would seem that there is a lot of hot air been produced on this forum. Caldwell will be in charge until the season closes folks, like it or lump it or make a GENUINE  statement on match day.

Edited by mulguy jag
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

There would be  no strong vocal or visual protest present at the match today .This I predicted to my good lady before entering the ground .  It would seem that there is a lot of hot air been produced on this forum. Caldwell will be in charge until the season closes folks, like it or lump it or make a GENUINE  statement on match day.

Imo a boycott will harm the club even more. Less money coming thru the gate, very low season ticket sales. I will still buy my season ticket  for next season and for many seasons after. I realise fans are upset and frustrated by what has happened at Thistle over the past 20 months or so and in particular this season. But hopefully once Caldwell and members of the board are long gone we will have a club that is on the up again.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Imo a boycott will harm the club even more. Less money coming thru the gate, very low season ticket sales. I will still buy my season ticket  for next season and for many seasons after. I realise fans are upset and frustrated by what has happened at Thistle over the past 20 months or so and in particular this season. But hopefully once Caldwell and members of the board are long gone we will have a club that is on the up again.

AJ, I personally hope that Caldwell somehow turns this around and things improve quick. I was listening to the pundits on clyde going home from firhill tonight and they stated what we all know . It would be a disaster if we were relegated.  I understand your view on boycotts but I would expect the fans to at lease voice their concerns in a stronger manner as we are in one mess at the moment.  Firhill seems to be riddled with apathy. 

3 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Or maybe, as I suggested a wee while back, we channel our energy into supporting the team. 

F*ck your boycott.

I'm kinda neutral re boycotts, protests  etc.  I'm no longer a vocal type in any case but I'd suggest the most effective protests are those that occur spontaneously rather than anything organised. Example being the ad lib "Chris Erskine" chant won't have gone amiss but that didn't  stop fans also getting behind the team.

I was rather surprised by the attendance today as I thought it would've been a lot less. Perhaps this shows that us fans, who more or less have given up on the manager,  haven't as yet given up on the team.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mulguy jag said:

AJ, I personally hope that Caldwell somehow turns this around and things improve quick. I was listening to the pundits on clyde going home from firhill tonight and they stated what we all know . It would be a disaster if we were relegated.  I understand your view on boycotts but I would expect the fans to at lease voice their concerns in a stronger manner as we are in one mess at the moment.  Firhill seems to be riddled with apathy. 

I also hope we stay up and that probably means Caldwell turning it around. As I don't see him being sacked now. I agree with you about the apathy. As I left Firhill one  fan shouted Caldwell  GTF. Not exactly a strong protest.

4 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Have any protests in the past worked at Thistle. By that I mean has the change happened mid season ?

Probably not but with the advent of social media the Club Board should be more aware of the strength of fan unrest. The media, lazy as always, regularly pick up on fan tweets etc driving an issue forward. Things seem to be far more instantaneous in today, creating a climate where change for good or bad is easier achieved. 

5 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Have any protests in the past worked at Thistle. By that I mean has the change happened mid season ?

The protests against Sandy Clark certainly had an effect. The 'boo boys' letter from Kevin Moore that was put in the following weeks programme certainly showed it got the directors understanding the strength of feeling with the fans

5 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Yeah, pretty much got Benny Rooney the boot. Thank God. Still hard to believe that someone who did so well at Morton could've been so utterly appalling with us. 

Fans were organising a protest at my first game in 1977. The board had sold Alan Hansen to Liverpool and the board had to be reminded about how important the fans view was and that wouldn’t stand for the club taking a commercial view of the business. 

The board payed attention and sold Doug Sommner to a rival club 24 months later. 

Auld Jag is right. We’ll all be supporting The Jags a long time after the characters involved have been resigned to the history books. 

Happy Clapper. 

Surely the board know exactly how we feel. They sacked a manager who had spent the vast majority of his footballing career  at Thistle because they didn't think he could get their objective of promotion. They replace him with a manager who has now taken us to the bottom of the league. They don't need to be football people to know that the fans will not be happy. Imo Caldwell is not going  anywhere soon. We are always told how important fans are. So lets get behind the team and see where we end up. If we don't get out of this mess and end up relegated I am sure there will be a number of people going out the exit door. A big game on Saturday lets get behind the team.

Edited by Auld Jag