Lets fill the J.LS. vs Stranraer..

Jimmy McD

13 minutes ago, allyo said:

I'm thinking the JLS until there is a change is a decent shout. We're not against the team, still supporting them, just demonstrating a difference to highlight that we're not happy.

This is so not me. Throughout Archie's time I was against anything that would rock the boat. I just always thought that sticking together was the way to go. May have been wrong. Point is, if I thought there was any hope at all I wouldn't be supporting this. I just don't think there is.

Couldn't agree more.

What frightens about the current situation is how vehement the level-headed posters (you included, but  - I admit - probably not me!) have been in calling for Caldwell's head, and some for quite a while now. There seems to be absolute unanimity about this, unlike previous situations with the Bunnet or even Archie; there doesn't seem to be a single poster who wants to give him 'more time'. Could probably say the same for the chairman now too, especially after yesterday's news.

This dissent needs to be expressed publicly.

The hugely negative response the Club got on Twitter to Erskine’s departure was something else. Never seen anything like that reaction in the last 10 years of theJags. 

For the Club not to take stock after that, is somewhat strange. 

Caldwell is destroying things and needs to go. And this is my opinion as a ‘happy clapper’. 

25 minutes ago, sandy said:

The hugely negative response the Club got on Twitter to Erskine’s departure was something else. Never seen anything like that reaction in the last 10 years of theJags. 

For the Club not to take stock after that, is somewhat strange. 

Caldwell is destroying things and needs to go. And this is my opinion as a ‘happy clapper’. 

Imo the club know how we feel. For example the statement last week with regard to the Erskine situation. Not the first time they have reacted with statements /video's when fans have expressed concern. Caldwell surely must realise the fans are not on his side. Is he so arrogant he thinks blaming referees or bad luck is enough to explain his terrible record as our manager. Its  not as if he was any good with Chesterfield or was that down to refs and bad luck as well.

I suppose I would generally be classed as a Clappyhapper, trying to find positives, and while a committed supporter, usually viewing my Thistle football through a lighthearted lens.

This next comment should not be construed as saying that Archie should still be manager. His time, though much appreciated, had certainly come and gone.

However, I thought that my daughter put it well recently in saying that when Archie struggled, you felt like you were suffering with a friend, but with Caldwell, you feel as though you are suffering with a stranger.

I am not one for invective or condemnation. Gary Caldwell is the wrong person in the wrong place. He should recognise that and leave our club. Hopefully he will find a place where he can flourish. If he is too close (or closed) to be able to recognise this for himself, then the Board has to recognise it for him.

• Like 8

Very well put ParticktheDog.

Personally, recognising the good things that Archie did on and off the park ('the evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred with their bones') I hope he gets back into the game soon; and does well.

I take my attitude to PTFC from the late great Cliff Hanley who use to say that stoic pessimism if the only way for a Jags fan to survive and retain his sanity, and that no long term thistle supporter could possibly believe  in a god.

Good to see the Clappers, Knicker-wetters, and card-carrying pessimists (like me) united for once - pity about the circumstances. Perhaps this a is a good example of showing how we really are, in the end, all Jags fans who want the same thing. We should probably try to keep this in mind in future discussion on here.

Edited by Semi Nurainen
typo
  • Like 8

21 hours ago, partickthedog said:

I suppose I would generally be classed as a Clappyhapper, trying to find positives, and while a committed supporter, usually viewing my Thistle football through a lighthearted lens.

This next comment should not be construed as saying that Archie should still be manager. His time, though much appreciated, had certainly come and gone.

However, I thought that my daughter put it well recently in saying that when Archie struggled, you felt like you were suffering with a friend, but with Caldwell, you feel as though you are suffering with a stranger.

Perhaps a matter of taste. Personally I tended to find Alan Archibald uninspiring and insipid - and of course his teams ended up turning in lots of insipid performances. 

I'm certainly aware he was a good player for us and has been connected with Thistle over many years, but I never really felt that a burning passion for PTFC came across. I didn't really relate to him much as a manager.

If Caldwell has ego, arrogance, I don't think it would have bothered me at al if he had got good results so far. In fact, perversely I quite like his wilfully thrawn comments such as blaming refs and being "outstanding" and "controlling" games even when we've had a terrible result - which doesn't make sense but is almost endearingly bizarre.

Edited by milhouse