Fitzpatrick

javeajag

Why not just sell him if we are getting £400K? Contracted till May 2021 apparently but his value isn't going to go up if we are in League 1. He hasn't made much of an impact this year and won't get much game time in a relegation battle. Could also be useful for a League 1 campaign but there is certainly an argument for cashing in on him now...

Edited by milhouse

If the quoted figures are correct I’ve actually got no problem with this. He’s a talented 17 year old but there’s no guarantees in football and he may well fall away. He has been impressive in glimpses this season when given a chance, but there’s also been games where he’s not offered much.

i don’t think we are the kind of club who could turn down £400,000 for a fairly untried 17 year old. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Big Col said:

The lad must be frustrated at Firhill and who can blame him.

Undoubtedly a talented player and with the right support and coaching, has potential to be a real star.

Regrettably, neither the current or previous regime at Firhill could provide that for him.

I'm not 100% certain if Fitzpatrick trains under Ryan McCann but if he does then it's a bit early to judge. Kinda agreeing with you in part as I believe previously there was an obvious structural void between youth and first team that depended almost entirely on sending 18-20 year olds out on loan. Kevin Nisbet has obviously found his level in Division One but just maybe had he received phase coaching ala McCann he would be doing his stuff a league higher. McDaid possibly another who missed out as well.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett