Jags vs QoTS 26/1/19

sandy

2 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Big question is does Mcmillan replace Elliot?

After seeing Coulibaly last week think he will play for the reserves on Monday. 

Elliott's been fine lately so probably the new lad on the bench. Wouldn't be too sure about Coulibaly playing on plastic on Monday. He's obviously used to synthetic surfaces but players often not risked on them when coming back from an injury. We don't do defensive mids these days so probably be Banzo playing in his yellow card zone.

9 minutes ago, marcia blaine said:

Your birdies have been pretty accurate recently. Shame. I’d rather he stayed and produced the goods we know he can.

I said before I feel as though his agent have made a mug out of this club - we were the fall guy to deal with the Egyptian club situation so it will be all over when soulimayne gets a lucrative move in the summer.

Some of the comments I heard about his attitude at “training” and “fitness” has not convinced me that soulimayne has not been fully committed to the jags cause.

sadly what was trumpeted as a class marquee signing (and I can see why) has turned out to be a damp squib 

36 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I said before I feel as though his agent have made a mug out of this club - we were the fall guy to deal with the Egyptian club situation so it will be all over when soulimayne gets a lucrative move in the summer.

Some of the comments I heard about his attitude at “training” and “fitness” has not convinced me that soulimayne has not been fully committed to the jags cause.

sadly what was trumpeted as a class marquee signing (and I can see why) has turned out to be a damp squib 

Please don’t compare him to Erskine the great, everyone will start greetin and pishing their knickers again!

as said before a certain player told me that Coulibaly  is 1 of the worst players he has seen and that sneddon would be number 1 for years also told me when spoke to him few months ago that bell is finished, that keown is disruptive and causing arguements around players

this was a few months ago so don't know what it like now he also said the players were sold on caldwell

54 minutes ago, Jagsman said:

as said before a certain player told me that Coulibaly  is 1 of the worst players he has seen and that sneddon would be number 1 for years also told me when spoke to him few months ago that bell is finished, that keown is disruptive and causing arguements around players

this was a few months ago so don't know what it like now he also said the players were sold on caldwell

Bell, Lennox, Keown, Brice and Mutomba all been told that they can leave not even sure if all of them are training with the 1st team

Edited by Norgethistle

With Harkins suspended, I'm thinking (and hoping) that Caldwell goes for the same formation as against Stranraer with a midfield three of Bannigan, Spittal, and Slater, the two wide guys in Cardle and Fitzpatrick and a central striker. We look like we will create chances with this approach.

If so, the question is who is best placed to play the striker role at present in that formation - a currently ineffective Doolan, a headless Storey, an unfit Coullibaly, an unconvincing Roy or an untested Mansell ? Not really inspiring options, but I would probably start with Storey in this formation to see if his movement causes problems and whether he can feed off the service (rather than having to provide it), but recognising his limitations.