Jags vs QoTS 26/1/19

sandy

Great win , thought Fitzpatrick was the difference between the teams , looks like we’ve got a player on our hands , hope he plays another couple of years with us to gain experience .

The change in system has made all the difference , playing with 2 wingers and playing on the front foot . Hopefully Joe Cardles injury isn’t as bad as it looked and he’s back quickly .

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Great win , thought Fitzpatrick was the difference between the teams , looks like we’ve got a player on our hands , hope he plays another couple of years with us to gain experience .

The change in system has made all the difference , playing with 2 wingers and playing on the front foot . Hopefully Joe Cardles injury isn’t as bad as it looked and he’s back quickly .

Agreed. Centre backs looked fairly solid. Shaded the game. One we would not have won a few months ago.

Fitzpatrick had a great final 30 minutes.

Just before he set up the second goal, he got a proper bollocking from Spittal for not tracking his man.

Twice in 5 minutes Elliot had to bail him out.

He's only 17 and needs to up his fitness but he has clear talent and offers something that nobody else in the team does.

• Like 2

Anyone close to the bing see if hazard was out his box for the save? Looked miles out from where i was sitting. 

Good win, should of been more comfortable if we hadnt missed two sitters. The offside decision for ally roy was a joke though. Well onside and level if not behind the defender. 

Dykes had not one but two blatent kicks at saunders, how that was a booking is beyond comprehension. Looked a good player though as did stirling. 

Fitzpatrick is some player. 

Hazard made his save outside the box but the ref evened things up by failing to send off their striker. 

Looked a bit shaky towards the end but Roy took his ‘goal’ in some style, be interested to see it again. Thought the subs were strange, taking off Doolan and in particular Spittal but we got the points. Fitzpatrick was a real handful and possibly the difference between the teams. Looks a real prospect. Defence looked comfortable for most of the game and plenty endeavour from many players.

13 minutes ago, King Kenny said:

Fitzpatrick had a great final 30 minutes.

Just before he set up the second goal, he got a proper bollocking from Spittal for not tracking his man.

Twice in 5 minutes Elliot had to bail him out.

He's only 17 and needs to up his fitness but he has clear talent and offers something that nobody else in the team does.

Yeah thought he was very good in spells but also a bit wasteful at times - but that's what you expect with a youngster. Definite  ability.

Thought Doolan put in a good shift and was unlucky with header.

Guys like Storey and Elliott are just not footballers and I know longer get frustrated by them as they are just not capable. Elliott is a good athlete and a willing runner who tries hard , but he does not have football brain and too often makes the wrong decision. Storey is similar - fast runner with no end product.

All in all the defence looked a lot surer. Hazard looks an improvement-, one great save early on  but looked a wee bit shaky with high balls which is surprising given his height.

Good and much needed win. I can see signs of improvement. Goalkeeper and two centre backs have improved the defence - wouldn't have been confident in holding out last year.  Defensively we're still vulnerable at full back and  would like to see signings this week. A couple of beers to celebrate tonight. We might just get out of this

I thought Hazard was well outside, but whether he played with hand or whatever  is hard to say. It was evened up with the penalty decision, I felt.

Again, as with the Pars game and the Stranraer game, a neutral would have said we were never in danger of losing it.

I also felt after the Queens' goal, that six weeks ago this team would have shat the bed and lost the game.

I always thought that Caldwell's first task was to turn things round with the squad he inherited, and I don't think anyone on here would disagree that he failed miserably at that.

His second task was to improve on that by bringing his own players in: so far so good with that.

A decent result next week would set us up nicely for the East Fife and Alloa games.