Ptfc Trust Update

elevenone

Just had an email from Pauline Graham who has had family priorities over Trust business recently, and says that the Trust will report shortly about their recent meeting with the Board.  Pauline also confirmed that the Trust will not have a stand at the game on Friday

7 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I drove past the Site last week Nothing has changed in Months and as predicted in January -Kirkie Move looking more and more like a Dead Duck 

Why do I get the feeling reading this post (and several others from JJ) that he is just dying for this to fail?

The Kirkintilloch move might have encountered problems and yes, we should be kept updated but you get the feeling that some posters on here are willing it all to go tits up. 

As for going to Tenerife. Is it really happening? If it is, then is there really a problem? If we come back and lose every game and get relegated, then yes it doesn't look good. However, what if it goes the other way? 

33 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Just for the record, Jacqui Low became a director of Thre Black Cats Ltd on the 7th February 2019. 

I wonder if she will therefore exempt herself from any part of the negotiation on lease etc as surely otherwise there is a conflict of interest? 

15 minutes ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

As for going to Tenerife. Is it really happening? If it is, then is there really a problem? If we come back and lose every game and get relegated, then yes it doesn't look good. However, what if it goes the other way? 

Suppose it depends how much it costs and the state of the finances. 

What will it be 25 flights. Plus accommodation  plus transport  plus presumably some kind of training facility   3 or 4 nights?  

Its quite a chunk of change  

but as you say if it helps keeping us up it will be worth it  

3 hours ago, jaf said:

I wonder if she will therefore exempt herself from any part of the negotiation on lease etc as surely otherwise there is a conflict of interest? 

You would think the chairman becoming a director last month was an indication that something was happening ?!

11 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Is this for real ? Why would the Club be going to Tenerife at the end of March in the Middle of a Relegation Battle ? 

Well Gerry Britton, Jacqui Lowe, Gary Caldwell, Brian Kerr, Stuart Bannigan, Gary Harkins and of course Kris Doolan were all at Doolans Hall of Fame on saturday night, so not too sure which members of the club were in Tenerife on saturday night

4 hours ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

Why do I get the feeling reading this post (and several others from JJ) that he is just dying for this to fail?

The Kirkintilloch move might have encountered problems and yes, we should be kept updated but you get the feeling that some posters on here are willing it all to go tits up. 

Training ground at Kirkie not moving forward (yet?) due to coming in over budget. As I hear it the proposed site has the potential but there are problems which require additional funding to remediate.  Think it might be down to ground contamination issues. Also heard that there was possibly access problems.

No chance it will be complete for this June, either at Kirkie or elsewhere, and probably not next June either! Club should make a statement giving an update.

1 hour ago, ThistleBunnet said:

Training ground at Kirkie not moving forward (yet?) due to coming in over budget. As I hear it the proposed site has the potential but there are problems which require additional funding to remediate.  Think it might be down to ground contamination issues. Also heard that there was possibly access problems.

No chance it will be complete for this June, either at Kirkie or elsewhere, and probably not next June either! Club should make a statement giving an update.

So big announcement we have purchased a site - public consultation - cast iron gaurantee its going ahead at the AGM - told to trust the Chairman on negotiations 

then after all that -they discover there are site and budget issues - and funny enough plenty  of people were stating on the Forums in January its not happening 

im not fussed about the training ground - I dont think we can afford the upkeep - I am however fussed about the constant PR Spin that surrounds it 

5 hours ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

Not really - it was just pretty obvious that it was unlikely to happen and I stated this - I also asked questions at the AGM and the responses left big gaps 

So training ground is just systematic to where we are going as a Club on multi levels in my opinion 

• Like 1

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Not really - it was just pretty obvious that it was unlikely to happen and I stated this - I also asked questions at the AGM and the responses left big gaps 

So training ground is just systematic to where we are going as a Club on multi levels in my opinion 

As for Tenerife still trying to figure out why ? Its not going to make us fitter - better - stronger ? 

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Well Gerry Britton, Jacqui Lowe, Gary Caldwell, Brian Kerr, Stuart Bannigan, Gary Harkins and of course Kris Doolan were all at Doolans Hall of Fame on saturday night, so not too sure which members of the club were in Tenerife on saturday night

They are flying out next Saturday, all of the names mentioned plus 23 more

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Good luck to them. It's a good job we have a well run club who can afford a modest expense like this. I hope they come back after a nice break and keep on playing well, gaining enough points to keep us safe in the league. 

43 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

JJ, I'd like to ask what makes you think it was 'pretty obvious that it was unlikely to happen'? 

As far as we, the fans, are led to believe, the training ground is still happening. I know there are rumours but until the club tell us something then that's all they are, rumours. Do you know differently?

20 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

"Pretty obvious that it was unlikely to happen"

Bit of a bold statement there, I await to see whether your prediction is correct.

23 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

And why not. Let's try ANYTHING to help the players to make sure we don't suffer another relegation. Just wish it was me. Great time of the year to get away to some warmth. It's all about bonding, developing relationships, engendering a willingness to help each other, fight for each other....  .. 

49 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

And why not. Let's try ANYTHING to help the players to make sure we don't suffer another relegation. Just wish it was me. Great time of the year to get away to some warmth. It's all about bonding, developing relationships, engendering a willingness to help each other, fight for each other....  .. 

Maybe a bit late with 8 games to go ? 

Personally, I felt the announcement about the training ground was the most positive news out of the club in years - a significant step forward in ensuring we could compete at the highest level in Scottish football. That we should announce it with such fanfare, name it after Davie McParland, with the added impact of him passing away shortly after that announcement, and now, apparently, decide not to go ahead, is an embarrassing mismanagement on a serious scale. Time will tell if this is the shambles that it currently appears, but, at the very least, our Chair, who has made so much about being open with the fans, needs to speak up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Maybe a bit late with 8 games to go ? 

And maybe not. Someone has obviously decided it's a good tactic, well see soon enough.

I've tried such reward tactics with the kids in the past, they take the reward and then take the p1ss. Who's the mug?:party:

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

True that’s the hope though seemed to fail badly in January 2018 - hope it works this time.

im guessing the club had not figured in the budget the cash from the replay cup game at Tynecastle and that’s possibly what they are using now?

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

True that’s the hope though seemed to fail badly in January 2018 - hope it works this time.

im guessing the club had not figured in the budget the cash from the replay cup game at Tynecastle and that’s possibly what they are using now?

Could be third. Fingers crossed there's productive bonding and they come back to fight like feck, and not amongst themselves cos someone has stolen another's lumber at the dancin......

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

Could be third. Fingers crossed there's productive bonding and they come back to fight like feck, and not amongst themselves cos someone has stolen another's lumber at the dancin......

Wonder if they will compare with the legendry Lambie Blackpool trips .:thumbsup2:

• Haha 1