Ptfc Trust Update

elevenone

3 hours ago, Firhillista said:

Personally, I felt the announcement about the training ground was the most positive news out of the club in years - a significant step forward in ensuring we could compete at the highest level in Scottish football. That we should announce it with such fanfare, name it after Davie McParland, with the added impact of him passing away shortly after that announcement, and now, apparently, decide not to go ahead, is an embarrassing mismanagement on a serious scale. Time will tell if this is the shambles that it currently appears, but, at the very least, our Chair, who has made so much about being open with the fans, needs to speak up.

I hope this is not as bad as it seems right now. After such a fanfare, for this to fall through would be a blow to Club credibility

14 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Wonder if they will compare with the legendry Lambie Blackpool trips .:thumbsup2:

No chance and I bet it'll not be as much fun......oh the youth of today

On 3/19/2019 at 3:30 PM, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

JJ, I'd like to ask what makes you think it was 'pretty obvious that it was unlikely to happen'? 

As far as we, the fans, are led to believe, the training ground is still happening. I know there are rumours but until the club tell us something then that's all they are, rumours. Do you know differently?

What we know is that there was constant PR talking this up as though we were to ignore whats happening on the Park & look at this New Shiny thing - what we know is that there was a Public Consultation on the layout last August - What we know is that Fans were told it would happen no matter the League - what we know is that there seemed to be no firm answers ref Running Costs if we didnt get promoted - or further relegated - what we know is that we were told Site Prep ongoing  and it would be ready for June - what we know is that in January rumours started flying about that the Budget had gone from £4MN to £7MN - what we know is that shortly after - suddenly ( bearing in mind Public Consultation in August ) there were Planning Issues - what we know -is that again Rumours  is that Site isnt Suitable and  Planning Issues 

So to date very little in the way of substance on the Promises made- the "rumours"  of it not going ahead are  gaining more Credibility by the Week - thats what we know - Fans can then make there own judgements ( given the lack of Solid Statements from the Club ) - so the information that rumours - was it credible - well lets just see

On 3/20/2019 at 2:51 PM, Thistleberight said:

And why not. Let's try ANYTHING to help the players to make sure we don't suffer another relegation. Just wish it was me. Great time of the year to get away to some warmth. It's all about bonding, developing relationships, engendering a willingness to help each other, fight for each other....  .. 

Ok - They are Proffessional Athletes - we have mild Weather - very little Rain - Perfect Training Conditions - How is two 5 Hour Flights - strange beds and 25oC Plus to train in ( which is exhausting)  going to be better training conditions than we have at present - the other stuff - thats the Managers Job - not a Trip to Tenerifes job    

10 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok - They are Proffessional Athletes - we have mild Weather - very little Rain - Perfect Training Conditions - How is two 5 Hour Flights - strange beds and 25oC Plus to train in ( which is exhausting)  going to be better training conditions than we have at present - the other stuff - thats the Managers Job - not a Trip to Tenerifes job    

Flight there and flight back with transfers either end knocks 2 days off a normal week. 

The 35k or whatever it costs could have been a very decent player on a 6 month deal

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 4:13 PM, Firhillista said:

Personally, I felt the announcement about the training ground was the most positive news out of the club in years - a significant step forward in ensuring we could compete at the highest level in Scottish football. That we should announce it with such fanfare, name it after Davie McParland, with the added impact of him passing away shortly after that announcement, and now, apparently, decide not to go ahead, is an embarrassing mismanagement on a serious scale. Time will tell if this is the shambles that it currently appears, but, at the very least, our Chair, who has made so much about being open with the fans, needs to speak up.

She hasn’t spoken up in months, has she? I seem to remember we were promised regular video updates from the Chair and/or the Chief Exec. Unsurprisingly given the Chair’s clear predeliction towards speaking vacuous, meaningless, empty, spun, transparent nonsense - these updates don’t seem to have really taken off. 

Some of the pish we have been fed by the Chair - and by extension the Chief Exec - over the past season really has been galling. 

Just now, KemoAvdiu said:

She hasn’t spoken up in months, has she? I seem to remember we were promised regular video updates from the Chair and/or the Chief Exec. Unsurprisingly given the Chair’s clear predeliction towards speaking vacuous, meaningless, empty, spun, transparent nonsense - these updates don’t seem to have really taken off. 

Some of the pish we have been fed by the Chair - and by extension the Chief Exec - over the past season really has been galling. 

Sadly @KemoAvdiu, as someone who believes in our Chair and CEO cos their hearts are in the right place, this season has been one fecking disaster.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:30 PM, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

JJ, I'd like to ask what makes you think it was 'pretty obvious that it was unlikely to happen'? 

As far as we, the fans, are led to believe, the training ground is still happening. I know there are rumours but until the club tell us something then that's all they are, rumours. Do you know differently?

30 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

What we know is that there was constant PR talking this up as though we were to ignore whats happening on the Park & look at this New Shiny thing - what we know is that there was a Public Consultation on the layout last August - What we know is that Fans were told it would happen no matter the League - what we know is that there seemed to be no firm answers ref Running Costs if we didnt get promoted - or further relegated - what we know is that we were told Site Prep ongoing  and it would be ready for June - what we know is that in January rumours started flying about that the Budget had gone from £4MN to £7MN - what we know is that shortly after - suddenly ( bearing in mind Public Consultation in August ) there were Planning Issues - what we know -is that again Rumours  is that Site isnt Suitable and  Planning Issues 

So to date very little in the way of substance on the Promises made- the "rumours"  of it not going ahead are  gaining more Credibility by the Week - thats what we know - Fans can then make there own judgements ( given the lack of Solid Statements from the Club ) - so the information that rumours - was it credible - well lets just see

Clearly not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Clearly not.

I havent said either way if I did or didnt know differently - I have stated  the facts in the Public Domain - and those facts would lend credibility to the rumours of it not going ahead - what Ive been told personally makes no odds - the simple fact is that to date despite the Fanfare  - PR - Public Consultation we are no nearer after 18 Months of having a Training Ground -beyond couple of Directors  on a Non Trading Company 

4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Clearly jealous

11 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I havent said either way if I did or didnt know differently - I have stated  the facts in the Public Domain - and those facts would lend credibility to the rumours of it not going ahead - what Ive been told personally makes no odds - the simple fact is that to date despite the Fanfare  - PR - Public Consultation we are no nearer after 18 Months of having a Training Ground -beyond couple of Directors  on a Non Trading Company 

I’m not so sure the training ground is ever going to happen despite the fanfare last year from the Club and also Colin Weir . At the time Colin Weir said it was an investment with Partick Thistle being the main benificieries by giving them a long term lease . My personal opinion is that they’ve looked at it , took into account the ambiguity of a football club , whether that’s promotion or relegation,  the financial gap whether we’re a Premier League Club or a Championship Club or god forbid even a first division Club and decided the figures don’t stack up for us and Colin Weir to be a sustainable business.

It sounds like it’s been  ill thought through by all parties concerned but it might be a blessing in disguise as I don’t think we’ve got the financial resources to be tied to a long term lease for a Training Ground .

In terms of Jacqui Lowe and Gerry Britton, it’s a major embarrassment if it doesn’t happen as it’s reached the public domain, Mcparland Park etc and you’ve got to ask the question why was it released to the media last July without even planning permission been granted.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Jealous of what exactly ? The fact our players are going on a jolly as opposed to training locally to stop us getting relegated ?

Do you honestly think the motivation for this trip is "a jolly"? 

Now I don't know whether it is a good idea, bad idea or an indifferent idea. Indeed I don't even know if it is actually happening. I'm pretty sure though that if it is that the manager isn't taking the players away for a midweek piss up. 

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

I’m not so sure the training ground is ever going to happen despite the fanfare last year from the Club and also Colin Weir . At the time Colin Weir said it was an investment with Partick Thistle being the main benificieries by giving them a long term lease . My personal opinion is that they’ve looked at it , took into account the ambiguity of a football club , whether that’s promotion or relegation,  the financial gap whether we’re a Premier League Club or a Championship Club or god forbid even a first division Club and decided the figures don’t stack up for us and Colin Weir to be a sustainable business.

It sounds like it’s been  ill thought through by all parties concerned but it might be a blessing in disguise as I don’t think we’ve got the financial resources to be tied to a long term lease for a Training Ground .

In terms of Jacqui Lowe and Gerry Britton, it’s a major embarrassment if it doesn’t happen as it’s reached the public domain, Mcparland Park etc and you’ve got to ask the question why was it released to the media last July without even planning permission been granted.

Wouldn't be the first time a board of the club, or at least a member of the board acting on behalf of a related party in this instance, has gone and done something stupid without achieving planning consent first. See the bing for the legacy of that decision.

The timescales placed on having planning permission in place for this project were always ambitious at best. I said on here at the time that the site is basically on  a flood plain bordering the Kelvin, so they don't just have to convince East Dunbartonshire council that it's viable, they have to convince The Scottish Environmental Protection Agency as well. This would have been abundantly clear from the start, a quick look at SEPA's flood plain map on their website can confirm as much, and if a contamination issue has come up as well then a quick route to approval is going to be even more unlikely.

4 hours ago, admin said:

Do you honestly think the motivation for this trip is "a jolly"? 

Now I don't know whether it is a good idea, bad idea or an indifferent idea. Indeed I don't even know if it is actually happening. I'm pretty sure though that if it is that the manager isn't taking the players away for a midweek piss up. 

Ok lets apply logic here - you would only go to a warmer climate if the training conditions you have are prohibitive - or alternatively train at Altitude  if you are an Athlete - but neither of those apply - you are taking out two days of your training regime to travel - then training in  High Temperatures which Sap Energy  and add to dehydration  - Im not saying its a piss up - but there is no advantage on any level to going to Tenerife to train at this stage of the Season  that I can see - but maybe GC has a cunning Plan maybe they are going on manouvres with the SAS - who knows - maybe they are building the New Training  Ground there 

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Jealous of what exactly ? The fact our players are going on a jolly as opposed to training locally to stop us getting relegated ?

Wishing you were part of it?

Get over yourself. You, I and many others are/have been complaining incessantly since the end of last season about results, performances, tactics, formations, effort, commitment, the manager, individual players, the board, even the jag zone interviewer. I've implored as have others for "things" to be improved.

This small and short trip is one of many ideas/tactics the club are trying to steal a march on our rivals. Extravagant? not if it works. 

What you are submitting in your posts on this thread and others lends me to deduce you might be jealous not to be part of the club anymore. Perhaps there might be a route back?......they'll need someone to carry the suitcases if you can park the spite for long enough:thumbsup:

There’s many criticisms to be made of the club but taking the players away for a training camp - if that’s what the club hahe actually done - doesn’t strike me as the most obvious target of criticism. 

Jordanhill Jag, while I don’t doubt your sport science / fitness credentials are impeccable I’d rather trust the judgement of the coaches, physio and sport scientist that work with the players every day (even if I do doubt our managers judgement on a lot of other things!). In the context of must bigger issues this does seem a little like unnecessary criticism. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok lets apply logic here - you would only go to a warmer climate if the training conditions you have are prohibitive - or alternatively train at Altitude  if you are an Athlete - but neither of those apply - you are taking out two days of your training regime to travel - then training in  High Temperatures which Sap Energy  and add to dehydration  - Im not saying its a piss up - but there is no advantage on any level to going to Tenerife to train at this stage of the Season  that I can see - but maybe GC has a cunning Plan maybe they are going on manouvres with the SAS - who knows - maybe they are building the New Training  Ground there 

Thanks. "No, I don't actually think they are going away for 'a jolly'", would have sufficed though. 

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

Wishing you were part of it?

Get over yourself. You, I and many others are/have been complaining incessantly since the end of last season about results, performances, tactics, formations, effort, commitment, the manager, individual players, the board, even the jag zone interviewer. I've implored as have others for "things" to be improved.

This small and short trip is one of many ideas/tactics the club are trying to steal a march on our rivals. Extravagant? not if it works. 

What you are submitting in your posts on this thread and others lends me to deduce you might be jealous not to be part of the club anymore. Perhaps there might be a route back?......they'll need someone to carry the suitcases if you can park the spite for long enough:thumbsup:

Just im case you havent noticed we are in the relegation zone of the Championship -and pretty much the critiscm is deserved  given we were in the Premier last Seasin and are now fighting Alloa to stay up - but if you want  to put that as being jealous fair enough - for the record I have no interest in being  involved in the Club - Im a fan just like any other Fan Im allowed to make comment on whats going on with the Club - however if you think that everything is ok - then thats your perogative - I notice Falkirk & Alloa are training locally - in fairness the Alloa Players would need to get time off there day job to go to Tenerife as they are Part Time