Ptfc Trust Update

elevenone

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Just im case you havent noticed we are in the relegation zone of the Championship -and pretty much the critiscm is deserved  given we were in the Premier last Seasin and are now fighting Alloa to stay up - but if you want  to put that as being jealous fair enough - for the record I have no interest in being  involved in the Club - Im a fan just like any other Fan Im allowed to make comment on whats going on with the Club - however if you think that everything is ok - then thats your perogative - I notice Falkirk & Alloa are training locally - in fairness the Alloa Players would need to get time off there day job to go to Tenerife as they are Part Time   

At what time did you read in my thread that I think everything is ok? 

Way off the mark. Far from it. We are going down imho and for avoidance of doubt I believe Caldwell and jlow are killing our club. My point was very simple in regard your negativity.

And I of all people have been aware and posting since before the season began that we were in danger of another straight relegation. Do try to keep up

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

At what time did you read in my thread that I think everything is ok? 

Way off the mark. Far from it. We are going down imho and for avoidance of doubt I believe Caldwell and jlow are killing our club. My point was very simple in regard your negativity.

And I of all people have been aware and posting since before the season began that we were in danger of another straight relegation. Do try to keep up

And your also the one trying to make out I have a hidden agenda - the simple fact is that if we go down as everyone knows we will struggle on multi fronts - wee jaunts to Tenerife are pretty much the opposite of what a Team sitting in the relegation zone should be doing 

Got to agree with Jordanhill Jag , how on earth did the Board
agree to Caldwell ‘s idea to take the players to Tenerife for 5 days and at what cost in the middle of a relegation battle
Out of the 5 days there will be 2 days travelling, wouldn’t that have been better spent on the training pitch than in an airport ?
Bizarre to say the least

9 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

And your also the one trying to make out I have a hidden agenda - the simple fact is that if we go down as everyone knows we will struggle on multi fronts - wee jaunts to Tenerife are pretty much the opposite of what a Team sitting in the relegation zone should be doing 

Says you.

Once again, for the hard of understanding, you are entitled to your opinion, but my point is very simple, if the trip helps then it is worthwhile. If not, it is more ammunition to use against the regime, and yes I believe from what you post you have an agenda and I'm not alone. That said you are an interesting read and I do look forward to your ramblings

I’ve done a complete 360 on this (so apologies for my snide response to you, Jordanhill Jag).

The optics of this are just dire. Embarrassed at home yet again and the next day the players fly out to Tenerife for the week. For those of us who pay god knows how much money each year to support the club, this just feels absolutely rank. 

Rather than wasting tens of thousands of pounds on a trip to Tenerife, why don’t we use that money to protect the jobs of some of the non-playing staff whose jobs will be at risk when Caldwell takes us down? 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

9 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Benefits of warm weather training.

Seems to be quite a few benefits to warm weather training. As said we have more things to worry about at the moment.

We have other things to worry about but that doesn’t mean we can’t criticise this. It looks terrible, and it says a lot about the club management and leadership’s absolute lack of self-awareness. That’s not to mention the cost, which will run into tens of thousands. I’m sure the club staff whose jobs will be at risk when we go down are delighted the money is getting spent on this though...

Southampton also headed to Tenerife when they had a week off following a potentially damaging home loss to Cardiff.

Screenshot_20190323-123302_FlashScores.thumb.jpg.70cab41c4a6be9124a862d32d97a1949.jpg

They came back and still got beat of Arsenal but have picked up two vital wins and ran Man Utd close in a thriller at Old Trafford.

Who knows how it'll work out for our boys, but if they can increase their fitness and rebuild lost confidence I'll allow them a bit of sun on their backs for five days.

11 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

We have other things to worry about but that doesn’t mean we can’t criticise this. It looks terrible, and it says a lot about the club management and leadership’s absolute lack of self-awareness. That’s not to mention the cost, which will run into tens of thousands. I’m sure the club staff whose jobs will be at risk when we go down are delighted the money is getting spent on this though...

I don't know why we kept so many non-playing jobs on after we got relegated, tbh. Maybe if the players knew they were playing to save other people's jobs, not just their own they'd put that little bit extra into training and match day performances?

Do we know for sure where the money is coming from anyway? Could be a rich benefactor being generous rather than coming out of the club's budget.

Another spin of the dice but based on last night we need to try anything we can.

Think we’re getting things mixed up here Jagfox , Southampton are an English Premiership with millions of pounds at their disposal, we’re a small provincial Club trying to balance the books. In January we invested in Harkins ( 18 month contract?) , guys like Mansell and Ally Roy who between have scored 0 goals and we’re almost in April.
If that money was at our disposal we should have invested that in a proven striker to help us stay in the league, not ***** about at airports with 6 weeks of the season to go.

8 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Think we’re getting things mixed up here Jagfox , Southampton are an English Premiership with millions of pounds at their disposal, we’re a small provincial Club trying to balance the books. In January we invested in Harkins ( 18 month contract?) , guys like Mansell and Ally Roy who between have scored 0 goals and we’re almost in April.
If that money was at our disposal we should have invested that in a proven striker to help us stay in the league, not ***** about at airports with 6 weeks of the season to go.

So you're not a fan of warm weather training then? :lol:

Seriously though the funding is in place so the comparison is legitimate. It might not work but it's worth a shot rather than plodding along to a relegation playoff at best.

Edited by jagfox

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Would prefer we spent the money on players who could help us stay up and definitely the wrong time of the season to go away .

There's not much point getting players in at this stage. We can only play the hand we've got. 

Seems a perfectly good time to get away. The weather here us still poor and the players definitely need something to get them focussed and readied for the next 7/9 games.

Edited by jagfox

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

So you're not a fan of warm weather training then? :lol:

Seriously though the funding is in place so the comparison is legitimate. It might not work but it's worth a shot rather than plodding along to a relegation playoff at best.

Southhampton had 15 days between games and went for a week on a chartered plane, so no transfer time. They’re budget is 10’s of millions 

We have 7 and a half days between games are away for 5 of those. Our budget is peanuts 

33 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Southhampton had 15 days between games and went for a week on a chartered plane, so no transfer time. They’re budget is 10’s of millions 

We have 7 and a half days between games are away for 5 of those. Our budget is peanuts 

It’s paid for so the money has been found. It’s quite simple really. People barking at the moon it seems on this one. Don’t get me wrong a lot of the board room and managerial decisions could be classed as howling too :lol:

Alloa beating the DABs so it could be immaterial as things stand...

6 hours ago, scotty said:

If this trip is more than just rumour then for me, the money would be far better spent on buying a few bulbs for the floodlights! But I guess it's more important to bribe the staff than the fans.

I couldn't believe how dark it was last night. The lights look embarrassing when looking up and seeing a large amount of bulbs out

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

It’s paid for so the money has been found. It’s quite simple really. People barking at the moon it seems on this one. Don’t get me wrong a lot of the board room and managerial decisions could be classed as howling too :lol:

Alloa beating the DABs so it could be immaterial as things stand...

I’d rather the money was found to replace broken floodlight bulbs, or seats, or fund a player or sack the manager