Ptfc Trust Update

elevenone

22 minutes ago, scotty said:

It's beginning to look as though Norge has the Firhill offices bugged. :whistling:, :thinking:

In fairness a well run, happy company is air tight when it comes to rumors and info slipping out.

Thistle leaks like a sieve, from all levels, and this has increased exponentially since certain people came on to the board (They are not the leaks for the avoidance of doubt).

22 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Is the Tenerife story true or just a rumour?

Totally fictional. Better known I feel for its acting rather than its captivating script. Though James Stewart won an Oscar in my mind it was Katherine Hepburn that stole the show.

Oops! How come I get Tenerife and Philadelphia mixed up?

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Frankly I don’t  get the outrage at going on a training trip it’s nothing unusual and may help ... football clubs in every country do this  all the time and we did when near the bottom of the premier .... let’s stop the petty whining 

Didn't Archie take the loser's mentality squad of last season off to Spain for a winter break, and then we came back with.... a loser's mentality?

I think that those kind of perks, and that's what they are even if some hard work is involved, should be done in preparation for the season ahead or as a reward for good performances, not given to people who have proved to be the worst full-time team in the league, when they are on the brink of even more humiliation.

On 3/23/2019 at 8:53 AM, Thistleberight said:

Says you.

Once again, for the hard of understanding, you are entitled to your opinion, but my point is very simple, if the trip helps then it is worthwhile. If not, it is more ammunition to use against the regime, and yes I believe from what you post you have an agenda and I'm not alone. That said you are an interesting read and I do look forward to your ramblings

If by you mean an “agenda” pointing out the PR nonsense and statements verses the harsh reality then your correct - if you mean asking questions about the training ground both at the AGM and online rather than accepting the PR Spin then you are 100% correct 

If you mean questioning the positive training benefits of travelling to Tenerife to “train” which means two days travel and less actual training days then you are correct 

My agenda is that we are sleepwalking into relegation - that threatens the Club - so yes I have an agenda 

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

If by you mean an “agenda” pointing out the PR nonsense and statements verses the harsh reality then your correct - if you mean asking questions about the training ground both at the AGM and online rather than accepting the PR Spin then you are 100% correct 

If you mean questioning the positive training benefits of travelling to Tenerife to “train” which means two days travel and less actual training days then you are correct 

My agenda is that we are sleepwalking into relegation - that threatens the Club - so yes I have an agenda 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12 hours ago, javeajag said:

Frankly I don’t  get the outrage at going on a training trip it’s nothing unusual and may help ... football clubs in every country do this  all the time and we did when near the bottom of the premier .... let’s stop the petty whining 

Its unusual at this time of Year - Its unusual because if you factor in Travel- they will have less training days than if you stay at home - its unusual because the Mild current Weather in Glasgow- is pretty much perfect training conditions - its unusual because we are going head to head with Alloa in a relegation dogfight - a Part Time Team - and if Im there Manager-  Im using  the Thistle Trip as  Big Time as Motivition - Its unusual because the Players are now under even more pressure to win at Morton - and rather than foccussed preperation they are in Holiday Mode - its unusual that any Board in there right mind would think this is a good idea- all things considered - But then again we live in unusual PTFC Times ...       

Caldwell's last team bonding exercise with the army doesn't seem to have worked too well, judging by Friday's disjointed performance. I'm surprised that this one is happening. We are living in uncertain times, perilously close to relegation. Surely the money could be better spent or saved for a stormy times ahead. As JJ said, the players and manager will now be under increased pressure to put in a performance next weekend. Whether it was Caldwell's idea or JLow's, it's quite bizarre.

• Like 1

Warm weather training I can understand in certain circumstances, but warm weather training is not [IMO] a good preparation for a trip to Greenock, I'm thinking swirling wind and rain would be the ideal weather scenario?

If this trip goes some way to help us stay in the championship then it will have been worth it, but to be honest I would be now looking at the potential opposition from we could face in the play-offs [Raith Rover or Forfar?] and putting together a PowerPoint presentation on their abilities and weaknesses …. as you do when you are a top notch manager?

15 hours ago, javeajag said:

How is this petty whining? The club are spending tens of thousands of pounds to send the players - as well as no doubt the Chief Exec, Chair, and the guy that asks the banal questions on Jagzone - to Tenerife for a week, off the back of an embarrassing home defeat and at the tail end of an embarrassing season. Other clubs do it but generally not teams who are fighting relegation to League One. 

I’d argue that if Caldwell needs a week’s training camp in the Canary Islands - no doubt with the accompanying golf days and piss ups - in order to get us a win on Saturday, then it’s yet more proof (not that it’s needed) that he’s an absolute dud of a manager. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

How is this petty whining? The club are spending tens of thousands of pounds to send the players - as well as no doubt the Chief Exec, Chair, and the guy that asks the banal questions on Jagzone - to Tenerife for a week, off the back of an embarrassing home defeat and at the tail end of an embarrassing season. Other clubs do it but generally not teams who are fighting relegation to League One. 

I’d argue that if Caldwell needs a week’s training camp in the Canary Islands - no doubt with the accompanying golf days and piss ups - in order to get us a win on Saturday, then it’s yet more proof (not that it’s needed) that he’s an absolute dud of a manager. 

Ok you don’t know how much it’s costing or who is going and it was arranged befire Friday and you have no idea what the timetable is when they are there 

whine away 

11 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok you don’t know how much it’s costing or who is going and it was arranged befire Friday and you have no idea what the timetable is when they are there 

whine away 

It’s not whining, fans have a right to question the expense ahead of such a crucial game.  Cost likely to be over a thousand, ‘benefit’ is rewarding poor results. 

Like I said before, Lambie would have had the whole squad in for double training in Glasgow today. Cost virtually zero, benefit is they get a kick up the erse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandy said:

It’s not whining, fans have a right to question the expense ahead of such a crucial game.  Cost likely to be over a thousand, ‘benefit’ is rewarding poor results. 

Like I said before, Lambie would have had the whole squad in for double training in Glasgow today. Cost virtually zero, benefit is they get a kick up the erse.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sandy said:

Ah sophisticated management at its best .....

really old fashioned thinking here ....Treat players badly and they will respond