Ptfc Trust Update

elevenone

11 hours ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

You are the doom and gloom Victor Meldrew of the forum.  

Archie is gone JJ, he was a club legend who did well as manager but stayed too long and left us in a horrible mess. 

As for Tenerife - Caldwell is trying something different and it seems to have had a positive effect so far. 

If we had the £1 million parachute payment as you say - how much actually went to the player budget as Archie couldn't even field a full compliment of substitutes at the start of the season.

We are not out of the woods yet as you say but Gary Caldwell WILL keep us up. Have faith in Big Heed.

And as for the training ground? I'm sure someone will ask Gerry Britton at the PTFC Trust AGM soon and we will know more.

For the Record - I never once defended Archie - in fairness I never critiscised him either so I was sort of neutral -  I believed he should have been given the opportunity to keep us in the Premier - but after the Livvy Game he had to go-  as it was embarrassing  - we are currently still only 1 point above relegation zone - Jury is still out on Caldwell IMO   

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

For the Record - I never once defended Archie - in fairness I never critiscised him either so I was sort of neutral -  I believed he should have been given the opportunity to keep us in the Premier - but after the Livvy Game he had to go-  as it was embarrassing  - we are currently still only 1 point above relegation zone - Jury is still out on Caldwell IMO   

are we only 1 point above the relegation zone by any chance?

It just you've not mentioned it in the last 10 minutes.

• 1 month later...

What is the point of the Trust? I mean that as a genuine question. Is it just to act as a vehicle through which to relay information everyone already knows (I don’t think there’s anything in there that isn’t already known)? 

Literally what is the point? What does it do? 

• Like 1

Despite the PTFC Trust now having met the Board at least once, and being promised an answer, there has been no reply from the Trust to my questions several months ago as to how many shares in the Club each of the directors owns, and the reasons why a director from one of the two fans trusts has not been appointed.

Unless we, the fans, start taking the two trusts seriously to task, this forum is a load of hot air.   Judging by the lukewarm interest by posters on here about this issue, I don't hold out much hope.

• Like 2

I agree with much said by the last two posters. 

However we need to stop bleating and get involved in the trusts, bring them vibrancy and enthusiasm and make them a force for good, and also pursue our rights  that’s in no means any criticisms of anyone involved to date but the more people are involved the more of a broad church these will become, and perhaps the more emboldened the office bearers will feel knowing the fans are behind them  

That’s my positive resolution for the coming season   

• Like 2

I attended the Jags Trust AGM earlier this year, and joined the Trust at the meeting.  Since then I have heard nothing from them, and their website seems to be frozen.

This morning I tried to email the chair of the Jags Trust at the address on their websiteto ask if there had been any contact between it and either the Board or the PTFC Trust, and had my email returned undelivered with a  "host unknown" message.

Either fans sort out the two Trusts, or we cannot in all conscience continue to criticise the Club.

20 hours ago, jaf said:

I agree with much said by the last two posters. 

However we need to stop bleating and get involved in the trusts, bring them vibrancy and enthusiasm and make them a force for good, and also pursue our rights  that’s in no means any criticisms of anyone involved to date but the more people are involved the more of a broad church these will become, and perhaps the more emboldened the office bearers will feel knowing the fans are behind them  

That’s my positive resolution for the coming season   

How can fans get engaged if emails aren’t responded to ? 

From memory there was no election to the trust board, the club selected those fans who are on it,  so again how can fans get involved and drive it in the direction that the majority of its members want it to take?

36 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

How can fans get engaged if emails aren’t responded to ? 

From memory there was no election to the trust board, the club selected those fans who are on it,  so again how can fans get involved and drive it in the direction that the majority of its members want it to take?

That was the initial members - I am sure there was a subsequent election which season ticket holders were eligible to vote in

We can say its not good enough (and it isn't), or we can try to make it better

22 minutes ago, jaf said:

That was the initial members - I am sure there was a subsequent election which season ticket holders were eligible to vote in

We can say its not good enough (and it isn't), or we can try to make it better

I don’t believe there has been subsequent elections there is nothing on the official site, the FB page or their Twitter feeds. To be fair apart from this update there has been no updates in months.

I agree we can try to make it better, but if there is no responses to emails and a perceived lack of engagement with the fan base what is the mechanism to do so. From the initial set up in 2016 the following is stated “The initial Trustees are Greig Brown, PTFC Director, appointed for two years; Jacqui Low, PTFC Director, and Pauline Graham, fans’ representative, all appointed for three years and Foster Evans, fans’ representative, appointed for four years and also appointed Chairman. “ 

I see from July 18 the trust board is now “Trustees in attendance: Pauline Graham – Chair (PG), Andrew Byron (AB), Jacqui Low (JL), Gerry Britton (GB), Gordon Shaw (GS), Robert Taylor (RT)”

I have read through all the minutes of meetings since 2016 and have yet to see any votes for board members, but maybe I’ve missed it.

Has anyone else been asked to vote to select trust board members?

If I have missed this I am happy  to stand corrected on this.

23 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I don’t believe there has been subsequent elections there is nothing on the official site, the FB page or their Twitter feeds. To be fair apart from this update there has been no updates in months.

I agree we can try to make it better, but if there is no responses to emails and a perceived lack of engagement with the fan base what is the mechanism to do so. From the initial set up in 2016 the following is stated “The initial Trustees are Greig Brown, PTFC Director, appointed for two years; Jacqui Low, PTFC Director, and Pauline Graham, fans’ representative, all appointed for three years and Foster Evans, fans’ representative, appointed for four years and also appointed Chairman. “ 

I see from July 18 the trust board is now “Trustees in attendance: Pauline Graham – Chair (PG), Andrew Byron (AB), Jacqui Low (JL), Gerry Britton (GB), Gordon Shaw (GS), Robert Taylor (RT)”

I have read through all the minutes of meetings since 2016 and have yet to see any votes for board members, but maybe I’ve missed it.

Has anyone else been asked to vote to select trust board members?

Members of the trust (the Jags trust) have posted on this forum in the past, perhaps they can be approached via this forum again?

My experience with the JT is pretty much the same as others, in that I have been a member since 2011 / 2012 season, have paid an annual membership occasionally (when asked) and heard zero from them for many years until a mail came to me around March this year, inviting me to a trust meeting at Firhill. 

Although I could not attend the meeting (the one where Gerry Britton explained a little about the problems with ongoing planning issues regarding the training ground) I did try to update my membership but could not as their website is inoperative. As a way around the website being U/S I asked for a simple membership renewal form to fill in …. no reply to my email to date.

I get the feeling the supporters associations really need a shake up, perhaps questions need to be asked whether some more enthusiastic people get involved?

Whatever they are doing, at this moment in time the supporters association seem to have very little to do with the majority of the supporters.

23 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I remember getting the voting papers through - one for me, one for my wife, and one for my daughter - all season ticket holders, along with a bio of each candidate

I think that was round about November last year (although could be wrong)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

The Trust Deed has been added to the Trust's section on the club's website:

https://ptfc.co.uk/club/football-trust/

Interesting - for Months people have been asking for a copy of the Trust Deed - we have a rumored takeover  and  now we have the Trust Deed - Im sure its purely coincidence - first glance - all I can say is Wow ................

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

The Trust Deed has been added to the Trust's section on the club's website:

https://ptfc.co.uk/club/football-trust/

So, is there a list of 'fans-appointed representatives' ?

I suppose I could ask, 'who would be the person to contact if I wanted a greater say in the running of the club'?  I get the feeling the answer would be along the lines of, 'it does not work that way …. nothing to see here … walk on'. I could be completely wrong on that assumption, but to date I have the feeling that our board like to keep us at arms length.

This one is for the forum lawyers / advocates to dissect and analyse, but this to me [a thick engineer - ret.] appears to indicate that a body which I thought was a 'supporters trust', is in fact an extension of the existing board of directors + 3 supporters.

Or am I reading this wrong?

2 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

So, is there a list of 'fans-appointed representatives' ?

I suppose I could ask, 'who would be the person to contact if I wanted a greater say in the running of the club'?  I get the feeling the answer would be along the lines of, 'it does not work that way …. nothing to see here … walk on'. I could be completely wrong on that assumption, but to date I have the feeling that our board like to keep us at arms length.

This one is for the forum lawyers / advocates to dissect and analyse, but this to me [a thick engineer - ret.] appears to indicate that a body which I thought was a 'supporters trust', is in fact an extension of the existing board of directors + 3 supporters.

Or am I reading this wrong?

Thats my reading also - its the Democratic Republic of North Glasgow ( DRNG) -  if Im reading it correctly - the Trust can Vote for the Election of Directors or Abstain - they cant Vote against the Election of Directors  - which defeats the purpose of Fans having shares and exercising any Authority over them -  I would hate to think that the Board would use this Share Block to fight off any takeover - as they belong to the Fans not the Board  - and any big decision like that should be voted upon by the Trust Members-  prior to any decision - without it - the default position would be to abstain in any vote 

But in simple terms - this cant continue in its present form .............