Archie and Accies

Jaggernaut

40 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Would've been fun watching Archie  man manage his pal, Mr Imrie.

Ha. One of the great moments in sport. The game was lost anyway and Archie just lost it. I don’t recall him doing anything similar in his career. Sent me home happier than I should have been after an Accies defeat.

PS The fabulous Alec OHara was the Jags legend at the Falkirk game. Does anyone recall him punching that wee nerd George Fleming @ Tannadice? We were losing 3-0 anyway when Alec delivered a magnificent right hook.

2 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Ha. One of the great moments in sport. The game was lost anyway and Archie just lost it. I don’t recall him doing anything similar in his career. Sent me home happier than I should have been after an Accies defeat.

PS The fabulous Alec OHara was the Jags legend at the Falkirk game. Does anyone recall him punching that wee nerd George Fleming @ Tannadice? We were losing 3-0 anyway when Alec delivered a magnificent right hook.

Archie had quite a few sendings off in his career. I think that there was at least one other case where he lost it at Forthbank. Struggling to remember the precise detail.  It was near the end of that dreadful season when we almost went down to the fourth tier. Early in the game Archie gave away possession and Stirling scored as a result. Archie was angry with himself and the world in general, and the next time a Stirling player came towards him,  Archie just wiped him out and was shown the inevitable red card.