V Inverness

Alan Murray

3 hours ago, allyo said:

Great result. Signs looking really good with his own team.

Perhaps more accurately his own defence, the other 7 players were here before he arrived.

Caldwell has had a good window and the new signings have strengthened a weak squad. The defence being the most improved part of the team. 

2 hours ago, Mr Bunny said:

According to OS commentary it was 3-4-1-2 with Elliot and Penrice playing as wing-backs and Spittal just behind front two of Storey and Fitzpatrick.    Late in the game McCarthy came on for Anderson (probably tiring as not been playing so regular) and we went to a back four with an extra man in midfield. 

I was sitting just behind the Thistle dug-out when Anderson came off.  He was getting the usual abuse from the home fans for taking his time. “Geez a break” he replied, “ I’m an auld man”

• Like 1

Great win. Well worth the journey. To be fair to Caldwell he has identified the players that weren’t up to it and shipped them out. But of course he’s made a huge mistake with Erskine. Anderson was immense yesterday. Talked everyone through the game. Like how we have more Scottish boys in the team, cause we had to many guys that hadn’t played in Scotland before and perhaps didn’t have the dig we needed. Inverness didn’t really have many chances. Big hazard needs to improve his kicking. Overall brilliant win. Not bothered about Falkirk winning as Dunfermline and possibly Morton are right back in the mix. 

15 hours ago, douglas clark said:

Jimmy McD,

'Tis indeed a long trip to Inverness. Hopefully we will all recall this as a turning point. Y'know, when we win some enormous Cup, we'll all say this was when we hit rock bottom and 'bounced'.

I wasn't there, age and general  penury  make travelling around the country kind of hard.

However I do have Jag Zone!

Which almost takes me back to listening to World Cup Finals on the wireless.  You are relying on voice commentary to provide you with enough information to fill in the gaps between the booking, the fouls, the free kicks and the rest of it. If you finally see a film of the game you listened to, I can guarantee you that your vision and reality will be incongruent. I have never listened to a radio commentary and exactly seen the video.

------------------------------------------------

PTFC could, fairly easily, create a joint attend / watch season ticket. They could probably charge people like me damn near the price of an attending season ticket holder. What they would have to do is simulcast. There is a smallish but perhaps growing audience for that idea.

Perhaps, if you  actually have a marketing branch you could get in touch?

The club did do this. They reduced the service to commentary only this season due to the low subscription rate and increased costs as there aren't cameras recording for BT/Sky that we used to piggyback on in the Premiership.

If I remember correctly it was something like 84 subscribers to Jagzone world, which doesn't sound like much, but at £12 per month per subscriber is about a grand a month, which you would think would cover the production before you consider the lower subscription levels.

Still, it isn't exactly going to raise the funds for a further player wage, so at the time I felt if the money that would go into equipment/maintenance/service is better invested, then fair enough.

Edited to add, I realise now that you mean for UK based fans to attend or watch games. Current TV deals mean we wouldn't be allowed to broadcast games in the UK, alongside laws about broadcasting matches at 3PM on a Saturday. I agree that at our level the TV  agreement shouldn't stop us from broadcasting online to subscribers, but it's still 3PM on a Saturday.

12 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Perhaps more accurately his own defence, the other 7 players were here before he arrived.

Caldwell has had a good window and the new signings have strengthened a weak squad. The defence being the most improved part of the team. 

Good point

5 hours ago, northjag said:

Great win. Well worth the journey. To be fair to Caldwell he has identified the players that weren’t up to it and shipped them out. But of course he’s made a huge mistake with Erskine. Anderson was immense yesterday. Talked everyone through the game. Like how we have more Scottish boys in the team, cause we had to many guys that hadn’t played in Scotland before and perhaps didn’t have the dig we needed. Inverness didn’t really have many chances. Big hazard needs to improve his kicking. Overall brilliant win. Not bothered about Falkirk winning as Dunfermline and possibly Morton are right back in the mix. 

Interesting contrast in views here. Anderson an undoubted legend for St Johnstone. Their fans happy for him to get games. I am also more than happy to bring him in as he's a leader with a wealth of experience and always seems to be a danger from set-pieces. Indeed he scored his first goal for St J back in 2004 against...yup Thistle.

A lot of Thistle fans in contrast seem to want Erskine clicking his heels on the bench rather than getting game time elsewhere? Imo that would be no way to treat a legend. 

Managers assess their squad and some players fit into their plans, others don't. 

Anyway great result and day out. Away victory I've missed you x

Edited by jagfox

Feeling good on the way back home. What a world of difference 3 points makes to this journey.

Big well done to all the team and the manager on a great result.

Special mentions to Steven Anderson who is just the kind of no nonsense centre back we've been crying out for.

Hard tackler, can  score goals and is not shy in handing out 'advice' when required, something I think we've been  lacking in our team for some time.

And well done Blair Spittal. I wasn't too complimentary on his performances in the last few seasons,  but since GC's arrival he seems to have really upped his game to become a key player.

More confident we can finish strongly, consolidate in this league and look ahead to next season.

Comment from ICT forum:-

"Not sure which peed me off the most today -

Par tick's unsporting behaviour (that's putting it VERY politely - aka dirty, cheating b******s) or

the referee or ...."

Anyone at the game confirm this? Or is it just usual moaning from home fans when they lose!

Pretty sure we've all said this after losing at Firhill!

25 minutes ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

Par tick's unsporting behaviour (that's putting it VERY politely - aka dirty, cheating b******s) or

the referee or ...."

Anyone at the game confirm this? Or is it just usual moaning from home fans when they lose!

Wasn't at the game. But if we have become more streetwise, not a minute to soon. We have been a soft touch for to long imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

the referee or ...."

Actually pleased to hear this.

Other teams adopt tactics that we don’t. Referees are so poor that they never pull them up.

But I dont like Fake Thistle calling us ‘Partick’.