East Fife v Jags, 9/2/19

sandy

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm not sure that the SFA will rearrange a fixture due to a supporter having a hospital appointment. 

Haha - sadly nor will the NHS acquiesce to moving it which means this is the first Scottish Cup game I have missed for a long long time - unless my appointment is much quicker than envisaged in which case I might just make it!

3 hours ago, jaf said:

I have a hospital appointment for a scan. Desperately trying to have it moved!

That's dedication. Hope it's nothing serious, if it is and you still want to change the appointment that'd be hardcore fan of the year stuff.

I'm "having" to go to lanzagrote so missing this and the following saturday. Gutted! A few short months ago i posted i'd never be back, shows what a few wins can do.

0-3 for me. All first half then we can try different formations. 

Edited by Guest
Shooking spooling........

2 hours ago, dl1971 said:

I'm guessing we will take 800 to 1000.....could be tight if east fife fans get back from Dublin on time.

That was a grim experience for them. 

Imagine we had travelled abroad and the game was called off at the last minute. This forum would melt with the heat....

3 hours ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Bohemians have done the decent thing and pulled out.

which should have happened when they couldn't play the fixture in November. I don't like the idea of non-Scottish clubs in this cup anyway, but with the LOI having a different season schedule it just doesn't work for them, so it was always a potential problem

Edited by jaggy
missed text

Re Saturday's game, I don't think a draw would be a poor result. Downside would be an extra fixture we could probably do without.

This term In a normal sized league we most likely wouldn't be that many points ahead of them. Haven't rechecked but it looks like they've only lost two games at home to teams that don't play on an artificial surface. Factor in they've beaten us already, plus seen off two other teams ahead of us in our division, and I'd be surprised if we're not in for a hard match. Our saving grace, in addition to our current momentum in form, could well be our increased energy levels and general fitness. That was something that was certainly lacking on our last visit. 

I can see Fitzpatrick being left out for this and think we'll see Coulibaly get a start.

We have a much stronger squad now that we had on our last visit and, although it could be a tough match, I'm pretty confident we will win.

Although synthetic surfaces don't make for good football at professional level, it will be good to get a competitive fixture on one, seven days ahead of our trip to Alloa.

9 hours ago, Jag said:

I can see Fitzpatrick being left out for this and think we'll see Coulibaly get a start.

We have a much stronger squad now that we had on our last visit and, although it could be a tough match, I'm pretty confident we will win.

Although synthetic surfaces don't make for good football at professional level, it will be good to get a competitive fixture on one, seven days ahead of our trip to Alloa.

Surely Storey rather than Fitzpatrick would be the one to make way for Coulibaly?

• Like 2