East Fife v Jags, 9/2/19

sandy

55 minutes ago, sandy said:

One shot on target and 54% possession. We should be more confident against lower league opponents, yes?

Sandy we were beaten by Lower league opponents the last time we played east fife under considerably better weather conditions and I don’t recall you being critical of The manager that day. The most important thing is the win rather than the performance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Sandy we were beaten by Lower league opponents the last time we played east fife under considerably better weather conditions and I don’t recall you being critical of The manager that day. The most important thing is the win rather than the performance.

A win is great. I wasn’t around to comment on the last EF game mate.

32 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Cracking result!!!

Frankie Miller on the CD player, first can of Stella opened!!

Well done to the players and the management team, and above all to everyone who was able to be present to witness it.

And a special tip of the hat to anyone who took the Jags at 3/1 earlier this week.

Great to feel like this again!!

Didn’t manage the 3/1 price but got 2/1 before it came into 21/20 so happy days.  Cracking result all round.  Hibs at Firhill in quarters please.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Great point Thirds. Sandy (or Mrs Archibald as she may be referred to) is never critical of the previous manager but very very quick to be negative towards a manger that’s unbeaten now in six games this year.  I can feel the devastation.

• Downvote 1

Wasn't at the game so some will say I shouldn't comment. First and foremost and most importantly we are in the next round. Some thought this was going to be easy but remember they beat us in the challenge cup and they knocked Morton out in the last round. Unbeaten this calendar year and we have now won 4 games in a row. I hope the confidence is high and we keep it going next week against Alloa, another vital game. On another point all day today I keep getting g a message saying this site is unsafe as it no longer has a security certificate. Anybody else getting this message ?

14 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Rank game to watch so just delighted to be in next round - well done the team and management. 

Whoever brought in the pyro needs to get in the sea though - daft wee boys who will have cost the club a fine. If you’re going to bring pyro try not to throw it on your fellow fans. 

Totally agree- fans who threw the flares should be banned. Could have caused serious injury to someone 

42 minutes ago, jim slavin's lunchbox said:

Great point Thirds. Sandy (or Mrs Archibald as she may be referred to) is never critical of the previous manager but very very quick to be negative towards a manger that’s unbeaten now in six games this year.  I can feel the devastation.

I knew it wouldn't be long before the fan boi's fan boi surfaced with a suitably obsequious reply. I was genuinely amazed at one of your posts recently, I thought it would have been impossible  to see your keyboard with your tongue so far up DP's @rse.  Just so we can savour the peculiar sycophancy of that post it was: 

'DP you are in danger of overtaking the legend blows as my favourite poster'. 

With such capacity for fawning and self-abasement, you could easily get a job as a 'sport journalist' in Scotland - writing about the Old Firm, naturally.

Speaking about the Old Firm, much as I can't stand your (and your legend's, sorry daddy's) toxic posts, I even less like (what you no doubt regard as) your 'hugely ironic' avatar.

It stinks.

Can't believe that anyone would have been taking anything for granted today, given what we've been through this season. In my view we're still only taking tentative steps to recovery, and every win is one to be celebrated. Totally agree with the view, apparently expressed by Caldwell, that winning today was important to our league form. We're building confidence from a very low ebb, and might still be vulnerable to any knocks along the way. So i reckon it's a very good result.

For all the traumas it's shaping up to be an exciting season, cup quarter final and relegation dogfight. Need to keep the run going and start climbing the league. We're still deep In the schytt, but at least there is hope.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I knew it wouldn't be long before the fan boi's fan boi surfaced with a suitably obsequious reply. I was genuinely amazed at one of your posts recently, I thought it would have been impossible  to see your keyboard with your tongue so far up DP's @rse.  Just so we can savour the peculiar sycophancy of that post it was: 

'DP you are in danger of overtaking the legend blows as my favourite poster'. 

With such capacity for fawning and self-abasement, you could easily get a job as a 'sport journalist' in Scotland - writing about the Old Firm, naturally.

Speaking about the Old Firm, much as I can't stand your (and your legend's, sorry daddy's) toxic posts, I even less like (what you no doubt regard as) your 'hugely ironic' avatar.

It stinks.

You seem to be getting very excited, Semi.  Perhaps you could invite Sandy round to Finnish you off?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, allyo said:

Can't believe that anyone would have been taking anything for granted today, given what we've been through this season. In my view we're still only taking tentative steps to recovery, and every win is one to be celebrated. Totally agree with the view, apparently expressed by Caldwell, that winning today was important to our league form. We're building confidence from a very low ebb, and might still be vulnerable to any knocks along the way. So i reckon it's a very good result.

For all the traumas it's shaping up to be an exciting season, cup quarter final and relegation dogfight. Need to keep the run going and start climbing the league. We're still deep In the schytt, but at least there is hope.

^^^^

allyo nailed it.